• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

FCK WYSIWYG HTML editor

spooks

install fck!!

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

Auto Backup your Database, Easy way

Multi Images with Fancy Pop-ups, Easy way

Products in columns with multi buy etc etc

Disable any Category or Product, Easy way

Secure & Improve your account pages et al.

according to your original post u have not installed fck & there is no files in /admin/includes/functions/html_output.php

have u now installed, if so what error, if any?

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

Hi Spooks

It always was installed ... my mistake I did a quick search on "tep_draw_fckeditor($name," which gave me NO RESULT and now I just looked through manually, line by line ...YES it's there!

I still get the same error results, though. I remember you had another few lines that needed editing, (besides the two installations) I did the same procedure TWICE (after comparing line by line. Looking at the error, Hit me if I'm wrong but I suspect there is something interfering with the headers (I have a also Ultimate SEO and EP [extra pages] installed.

Since this is all happening on my TEST shop (don't dare to perform this on my client' shop yet. I decided to start from the scratch AGAIN! taking time to tripple ensure everything is done according to your instructions ...

May I just contact you then after again?

Thanks

according to your original post u have not installed fck & there is no files in /admin/includes/functions/html_output.php

have u now installed, if so what error, if any?

• 2 weeks later...

quick question.

are there any potential issues with having FCK availble on a form the client uses?

i am thinking about the testimonials page, having FCK so they can put bold etc would be useful, but i don;t know if there are any issues from the store security point of view.

any thoughts?

So far FCK editor is working great for me on the admin side.

Cheers,

AL

YES.

There may be security issues, you'd need to ask at thye fck forum, but more importantly you would need a licence which I think wont be cheap.

Sam

Contributions:

Hi, is it possible to switch off the FCKeditor for some field? I have trouble after I installed Header Tags SEO. I would need to have the form for keywords without wysiwyg editor because it adds html tags (<p>) and my therefore my breadcrumb trail is broken.

Martin

simply leave the field in its original text area form

Sam

Contributions:

Hey. after I installed it:

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES) in /var/www/forums/osc/includes/functions/database.php on line 19

Unable to connect to database server!

What's wrong...

Unrelated error, check your configure files have the correct params for your dbase

Sam

Contributions:

• 4 weeks later...

I Installed this fck_autoinstaller_2.14_3. No problem.

But I also installed Header Tag seo, and I have 6 languages. It take 1 minute to open edit a product page.

Can I disable fck when not using it?

Also I want All In One FCK Editor at :http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/5679

Should uninstall this or download it and ungrade?

Thanks for help

Edited by nudylady

I Installed this fck_autoinstaller_2.14_3. No problem.

But I also installed Header Tag seo, and I have 6 languages. It take 1 minute to open edit a product page.

Can I disable fck when not using it?

You could add extra code to provide the option, switching between the old text_space & fck, it would need a number of areas looking at & categories.php is BIG, so it'l take a little while for u to sort it all.

Sam

Contributions:

You could add extra code to provide the option, switching between the old text_space & fck, it would need a number of areas looking at & categories.php is BIG, so it'l take a little while for u to sort it all.

Sounds compliated for me. I can't do it. Is it posssible to delete a file via FTP to disable FCK. when use FCK then put the file back in.

U could have 2 versions of html_output.php one 'as is' on with a modified function tep_draw_fckeditor:

function tep_draw_fckeditor($name, $width, $height, $text) {

return tep_draw_textarea_field($name, 'soft', '70', '15', $text); 

}

Edited by spooks

Sam

Contributions:

Great contribution, very much a fan of the auto installer package too. Just installed using Autoinstaller 2.14 for FCK HTML Editor 2.7 (Jun 30 version) with the latest fckeditor files (2.6.4.1). Very simple and quick to install.

Uploading images via fckeditor seems to work fine, however the file browser does not - it returns a 404 error. The error is "You don't have permission to access /admin/fckeditor/editor/filemanager/browser/default/browser.html on this server." I have checked and the file does exist with CHMOD 644. The browser is also enabled in the fckconfig.js (by default I assume). Any ideas what could be wrong? Just not seeing what the hang up is here and feeling like a noob :blush:

Thats not anything I`ve seen, double check your fck configure file & perhaps re-upload the fck directory (perhaps some corruption on last upload).

Sam

Contributions:

I deinstalled ms2 wysiwyg editor because it's not working with Safari and Firefox and making a start with FCkeditor. I have the FCK editor working in the description. Now I'm looking at the upload product images field. In Ms2 wyiwyg editor, there was a browser above the product upload field.

Is it possible to use only the fck browser at the upload product images field in categories.php, so it can work like in the ms2 wysiwyg editor? And if so, can someone help me with the code? I tried to find it on the internet, but I can't find anything that's working .

fck can upload images, click on the image icon, it can also browse your images dir, for full details follow the link to the fck site detailed in the contrib

Sam

Contributions:

In the description field the image upload and browsing is working. But what I want is to get only the browser function above the "product image upload field", so not in the descriptions. On this moment I can't fill that field by browser, but I have to give the path on my server, where the image is. I have made different folders onder the images, to make it a little bit easier (I have more than 2000 images and more are coming). But I have to be sure that I fill in the right path. So it would be nice if I could use the browser for that.

Edited by Clau123

I think u are asking to use the image browser part of fck, outside of a fck edit window!!

You would need to ask at the fck forum if that is in any way possible!

Sam

Contributions:

See my post a little ealier in this thread titled NEWSLETTER FIX (April 30th 09)

Edited by spooks

Sam

Contributions:

• 2 weeks later...

IMAGES NOT SHOWING RIGHT BECAUSE OF PATH

thanks for the contribution...

i know php programming, just don't want to hunt down the problem, this is the problem

when adding an image it lists the path as /userfiles/images/whateverimage.jpg

therefore it does not register in the editor because the path does not exist

so when i change $Config['UserFilesPath'] in the config.php file to the full path

(like http://mydomain.com/catalog/userfiles/) the image will show in the editor

but when saved it puts /catalog/admin/ on the front so the path now looks like

/catalog/admin/\" http://mydomain.com/catalog/userfiles/imag...jpg\"

there is a problem with putting the right addition on the front of the /userfiles/

i am using FCKeditor_1.2_1