• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

FCK WYSIWYG HTML editor

spooks

Hi,

since there doesn't seem to be a separate Topic for the Admin html e-mail contrib, I might as well try and post a question here.

Is there an easy way to tweak the Admin e-mail in a way that, next to the combo of clients to select, an additional field is present where multiple e-mail addresses can be entered manually?

Reason for asking is that I'm looking for an option to send newsletterish kind of mails to folks who are potentially interested but not a client yet (hm, I now realize that this is more or less the definition of spam but I just hope you catch my drift here!)

Thanks!

I am trying to install fck editor. Got it up and running successfully on the test site which is rc1 but unfortunatley my live site is ms2. I have a lovely picture of my cookies page where the editor is supposed to be.

Any one got any ideas?

Yes well it would help if I had chosen the correct file.

RewriteEngine On has to go into ht access in ADMIN.

Silly me!

I'm trying to install FCKeditor and I got this after I did all the steps...

That error appears where my products description box should be..

I've already checked the code on line 541, and this is what I have..

<tr>
		<td class="main" valign="top"><?php if ($i == 0) echo TEXT_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION; ?></td>
		<td><table border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
		  <tr>
			<td class="main" valign="top"><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES . $languages[$i]['directory'] . '/images/' . $languages[$i]['image'], $languages[$i]['name']); ?> </td>
			<td class="main"><?php echo tep_draw_fckeditor('products_description[' . $languages[$i]['id'] . ']','600','300',(isset($products_description[$languages[$i]['id']]) ? stripslashes($products_description[$languages[$i]['id']]) : tep_get_products_description($pInfo->products_id, $languages[$i]['id']))); ?></td>
		  </tr>
		</table></td>
	  </tr>

In the help file, it says to add a directory named: userfiles to my root, so I put one into mywebhost/userfiles... however, there's also another one at mywebhost/catalog/userfiles... so which one is the one I should use in my config file? I currently put it like this..

$Config['Enabled'] = true; // Change this into: $Config['Enabled'] = true;

// Path to user files relative to the document root.
$Config['UserFilesPath'] = '/catalog/userfiles/'; //Change this into: $Config['UserFilesPath'] = 'http://www.yourdomain.com/webshop/userfiles/';  the oscommerce/userfiles/ of course is depending on where (folder)  you installed oscommerce

// Fill the following value it you prefer to specify the absolute path for the
// user files directory. Useful if you are using a virtual directory, symbolic
// link or alias. Examples: 'C:\\MySite\\userfiles\\' or '/root/mysite/userfiles/'.
// Attention: The above 'UserFilesPath' must point to the same directory.

$Config['UserFilesAbsolutePath'] = 'c:/mywebhost/userfiles/'; //Change this into: $Config['UserFilesAbsolutePath'] = '/yourdomain.com/public_html/webshop/userfiles/'; 
//Just open your include/configure.php and copy the path from: DIR_FS_CATALOG and add /userfiles/ after it.

Can anyone help with the error? I have no idea what's causing it...

Anyone know what's wrong? I really need to get this done soon...

Alright.. so I tried to resolve the problem with FCK editor, and things got worse instead, so I just decided to fall back on my older files, removed the catalog and reuploaded all the files from an older beta site without FCKeditor... but now, I can't seem to be able to upload any pictures, it'll just show a broken picture link... I'm on the default product description page btw... not using FCKeditor, but this is what happened AFTER I reloaded my site files... Can anyone help???

Alright.. so I tried to resolve the problem with FCK editor, and things got worse instead, so I just decided to fall back on my older files, removed the catalog and reuploaded all the files from an older beta site without FCKeditor... but now, I can't seem to be able to upload any pictures, it'll just show a broken picture link... I'm on the default product description page btw... not using FCKeditor, but this is what happened AFTER I reloaded my site files... Can anyone help???

Update: I found that although the admin panel states that the file was uploaded successfully, it isn't... I actually have to use my FTP program to manually upload it into the images folder.. Anyone have any ideas why?

• 2 weeks later...

Sam,

I hope you can help me out.

The contribution works well on my website.

(sorry for my bad english. i am a dutchman and try my best)

When i imported a picture on my website it all works well.

When you click on the image on the product page there is a strange url on it.

I thougth that he will pop-ip the real size of the image but there is a strange url (action/add_product/) on every image that is imported.

For example the Alfa Romeo in the text description is imported with your lovely FCK!

Can i make this code so that you click on the image , the realsize of this image will pop up?

Example: http://www.autoliefhebber.com/catalog/prod...roducts_id/1092

Greetings Armand

within the fck editor you can set the url of any link for any item.

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

Auto Backup your Database, Easy way

Multi Images with Fancy Pop-ups, Easy way

Products in columns with multi buy etc etc

Disable any Category or Product, Easy way

Secure & Improve your account pages et al.

Can someone please give me some advice on a problem I have. I just finished adding FCK Editor and its working great but when you go to add a picture into it, it comes up and says

This connector is disabled. Please check the “editor/filemanager/connection/php/config.php”file.

I am totally new to OScommerce so forgive me if this is strait forward but how do you fix this problem. Does anyone have any ideas?

Can someone please give me some advice on a problem I have. I just finished adding FCK Editor and its working great but when you go to add a picture into it, it comes up and says

This connector is disabled. Please check the “editor/filemanager/connection/php/config.php”file.

I am totally new to OScommerce so forgive me if this is strait forward but how do you fix this problem. Does anyone have any ideas?

have you followed the included instructions on setting the config.php file. ?

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

You must have done smthing, thats not normal behaviour, pics have no link unless you make one.

did you do the install here, or some other?

Sam

Contributions:

I just installed FCK HTML Editor 2.6b Install and after install I can't get to or see my admin area where I added new product or any thing to do with setting up or modifing of my store

what happened i did what the install said to do

I must of missed something any ideas where to look

Thanks

Ben

fck does'nt effect admin like that & wont stop admin, you must have made some error, or some unrelated problem has caused this.

provide as much details as possible if restoring your backup & starting again still fails.

Sam

Contributions:

fck does'nt effect admin like that & wont stop admin, you must have made some error, or some unrelated problem has caused this.

provide as much details as possible if restoring your backup & starting again still fails.

Thanks spooks I will check and keep you posted

Ben

Ok here is what I did and I can now see and login and do what ever in my admin

FCK WYSIWYG HTML editor is still installed the whole FCK editor is still installed

I went in and undid all the changes that are noted in the install FCK HTML Editor 2.6b Install for OSC2.2rc1

and now I can work with my admin again

I tryed to install again per the install and same thing happens

could there be a conflick with something else I have added

I am running 2.2rc2

I have added

All Products

Header Tags SEO

FWR URL Validation

SEO URLs

HTML-Editor

I am stumped

Thanks for the replys

Ben

I have no idea what happened...everything was working fine and has been for about 5 months with FCK editor ...

Today i set permission to my /admin/ directory to 777 just for a moment so I could run the Sitemonitor script...then changed it back to 755 ... everything seemed to be ok now we went to add a product and in the product description box we're getting this message:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /admin/fckeditor/editor/fckeditor.html on this server.

I have checked this file and the permissions for this file are 644 ... all the folders leading to it are 755

I havnt even touched this directory though ...

We also use FCK editor for newsletter manager and it seems to be loading up there ... what happened :blink:

Should also mention before anybody asks - yes the /userfiles/ and all folders in this folder have a 777 permission setting

Cheers for ANY help we can get here :)

Edited by sLaV-

never seen this, try uploading the fck directory tree again, not forgetting the config changes.

Sam

Contributions:

never seen this, try uploading the fck directory tree again, not forgetting the config changes.

Yep was thinking to try that ... no worries thanks Sam will let you know how it goes :)

Cheers

Ok got it sorted ... this was a weird one ... anyways I tried a newer version of FCK and that didnt work ... i even reuploaded a backup of the fckeditor folder I had from 2 days ago ... still no go ... i then reuploaded my ENTIRE /admin/ directory that I had backed up 2 days ago ... STILL nothing

I remember installing this mod yesterday also Anti XSS for security measures ... but didn't for one second think this would be causing it ... deleted the mod and what do you know ... FCK editor is working now ... don't ask me how ...

had a look at the Anti XSS mod and it edits the .htaccess file in the root directory that disables iframes ... which FCK editor is loaded in ... but how was the newsletter section loading the editor and the product description wasn't???

real weird!!

FCK WYSIWYG HTML editor is still installed the whole FCK editor is still installed

I went in and undid all the changes that are noted in the install FCK HTML Editor 2.6b Install for OSC2.2rc1

I am running 2.2rc2

I have added

All Products

Header Tags SEO

FWR URL Validation

SEO URLs

HTML-Editor

I am stumped

Thanks for the replys

Ben

Totally Stumped

the php file mods per the install I lose my admin could any of the other contributions I have added be causing the problem

I have added

All Products

Header Tags SEO

FWR URL Validation

SEO URLs

HTML-Editor

Thanks

Ben

I tryed to install again per the install and same thing happens total of 6 times now

I am running 2.2rc2

I have added

All Products

Header Tags SEO

FWR URL Validation

SEO URLs

HTML-Editor

I am stumped

Thanks for the replys

Ben

OK spooks I got it installed

But I have a few litte bugs I think

Frist if I install this line of code

////

// Output a form textarea field w/ fckeditor

function tep_draw_fckeditor($name, $width, $height, $text) {

$oFCKeditor = new FCKeditor($name);

$oFCKeditor -> Width = $width;

$oFCKeditor -> Height = $height;

$oFCKeditor -> BasePath = 'fckeditor/';

$oFCKeditor -> Value = $text;

}

I can't view or edit my addmin for my products

so I left it out and everything loads fine admin and I can add products ect.

but when going to add a new item in the product desc. the FCK editor

I can't change size of editor have to scroll editor so I can see the add text area

and there is the # 600 right at the start of the text area ?

that line of code reads

<td class="main"><?php echo tep_draw_fckeditor('products_description[' . $languages[$i]['id'] . ']','600','300',(isset($products_description[$languages[$i]['id']]) ? stripslashes($products_description[$languages[$i]['id']]) : tep_get_products_description($pInfo->products_id, $languages[$i]['id']))); ?></td>

I don't see a problem with code any help would be Great

Thanks

Ben

I think its detailed already that the ealier installs have trouble with rc2a, why are'nt you using 2.7 that has that issue corrected?

Sam

Contributions:

I think its detailed already that the ealier installs have trouble with rc2a, why are'nt you using 2.7 that has that issue corrected?

I did not know there was a 2.7 I thought FCK HTML Editor 2.6b had no bugs

is 2.7 new and just come out in the last week or so

and do I need to install a new fck editor as well or just a different install instructions

Ben

Edited by whitehawk43

I think you are getting confused??

the latest version of fck is 2.6.3

The osC install V2.7 was written in june for version 2.6.2

Do I have to repeat??, you must use V2.7 install for rc2a

THIS TREAD IS FOR http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/2900

Sam

Contributions: