• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Shipping Question

ctec2001

I have seen a site located at www.99mall.com. When you add an item and then view the cart, it gives you the option to enter your zipcode to determine the shipping costs. Now, my question, can oscommerce do this? Has a module been created yet? I have seen the coupon contri and that is also in the other site as well.

Thank you in advance.

Do or Do Not, there is no try.

I have seen a site located at www.99mall.com. When you add an item and then view the cart, it gives you the option to enter your zipcode to determine the shipping costs. Now, my question, can oscommerce do this? Has a module been created yet? I have seen the coupon contri and that is also in the other site as well.

Thank you in advance.

I found a contrib a while ago that would allow you to do that... it doesn't work quite like the one on that site, but if you have items in your cart you can click on a link and open a javascript popup window... in this window you can select your country and enter a postal code and it will basically run through any active shipping modules with dummy data if the customer is not logged in/doesn't have an account... it required quite a bit of tweaking to get it to work the way we needed it to (we wanted to give estimates only in the U.S... there were a few bugs and minor incompatibilities with our cart), and if what we did wasn't so tailored to our store I'd offer the code to you as a guideline, but I don't think it will be much help... anyways, here's a link to the contrib...

Estimated Shipping module

Good luck!

Ian Osos

Web Developer

Archived