• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Checkout Trouble

WoodsWalker

Hi Folks!

I am in the final stages of designing my store, and I'm trying to work out bugs in the checkout process.

When going through checkout with a "dummy" CC# (4111111111111111) and future expiry date, all goes well and I get as far as the confirmation page, but when I click the "Confirm Order" button I almost always get bounced back to checkout_payment.php, with no explanation.

Every now and again a transaction goes through properly ... which only makes this more confusing!

I have Moneris's "Credit Card Payments" module (for eSelect) installed, but none of the options I have selected looks suspicious to me and I haven't been playing with it.

Where can I look in the code to find the reason for this bounce-back? I am getting reasonably good at looking at code (PHP newbie). ;)

Thanks a million,

~Wendy

One more bit of info I've just gathered ...

This only seems to happen with the Moneris payment module. I tried testing with some of the other ones supplied with the install, and I can carry the process on till the end. Still, I know it worked a few times ...

I'm using the dummy CC#s that Moneris stipulates. Any ideas?

Thanks,

~Wendy

One more bit of info I've just gathered ...

This only seems to happen with the Moneris payment module. I tried testing with some of the other ones supplied with the install, and I can carry the process on till the end. Still, I know it worked a few times ...

I'm using the dummy CC#s that Moneris stipulates. Any ideas?

Thanks,

~Wendy

can you post a link?

So I can test online....

When I was born, I was cryed and everyone around me was smiling.

Live our life so at the end,

I am the one who is smiling and everyone around me is crying.

Well, with the help of Moneris I found out what the problem was.

They had me look in the database to see if my test purchases were even reaching their test environment, and if so, what response it was giving.

My purchase requests were getting there, but the response indicated that what I was submitting contained "bad XML"

A bit of detective work revealed that the <br> I had been inserting (through Admin) into some of my product names (to make them render nicely) was screwing up the purchase process.

I took out all the <br>s in the product names, and voila! Problem solved.

And I thought I was so clever ... :-"

~Wendy

Archived