• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[contribution] Multilayer SEO Pop Out Menu

On another note, STS is installed. Should that make a difference?

Yup I don't use STS myself but you'll no doubt find that you have to add the code to a template file.

Had a look around the forums seems the file may be sts_column_left.php

Edited by FWR Media

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup I don't use STS myself but you'll no doubt find that you have to add the code to a template file.

Had a look around the forums seems the file may be sts_column_left.php

Bugger, i didnt install the STS myself so this may be interesting. Just out of interest, did you take a look at www.rail-order.co.uk to see what i mean?

Could a messed up categories.php file cause a problem also?

I'll have a play tonight and report back.

Thanks again

Bugger, i didnt install the STS myself so this may be interesting. Just out of interest, did you take a look at www.rail-order.co.uk to see what i mean?

Could a messed up categories.php file cause a problem also?

I'll have a play tonight and report back.

Thanks again

forget the column left as the menu is displaying but you are missing

The javascript and the stylesheet which STS is bypassing.

forget the column left as the menu is displaying but you are missing

The javascript and the stylesheet which STS is bypassing.

I doubt that i have the expertise to solve the problem. Is this something one could sort whom has zero knowledge of css and basic html 'skills' ?

I wouldnt recommend installing this contribution if you have quite a lot of sub categories, its imposible for customers to navigate your catalog.

• 1 month later...

Hi

I have installed this contrib and as per all your contribs so far I am impressed.

I have yet to install the additional sitemap sections as I have concerns - my store has over 100,000 products listed. This means that I had to get my previous sitemap file modded to span over several pages as Google has a limit to the product numbers - will I have to get someone to do a similar modification with this?

Also can you tell me what if any advantages there would be to including the RSS feed?

Thanks a lot

• 2 weeks later...
Hi there Robert

I am getting the error "Couldn't fopen _categories.ser.ser" I have read through the forum and tried the suggestion of using the default osc dir and false, still not working. any suggestions?

Open catalog/includes/functions/fwr_categories.php

Find ..

$cachepath = ''; // Tries to create the cache file in shop root

Put between the '' a full valid writeable path.

Edited by FWR Media

Open catalog/includes/functions/fwr_categories.php

Find ..

$cachepath = ''; // Tries to create the cache file in shop root

Put between the '' a full valid writeable path.

Thanks for the fast replay

Sorry I am a little new to OSC. I created a folder called temp and changed it to 777. I then just put the word temp between the '' but im still getting the same error.

Thanks for the fast replay

Sorry I am a little new to OSC. I created a folder called temp and changed it to 777. I then just put the word temp between the '' but im still getting the same error.

'home/myspace/public_html/temp/'

Your full path will obviously be different to the above.

'home/myspace/public_html/temp/'

Your full path will obviously be different to the above.

Hi again

My full path as far as I can tell is /httpdocs/temp or www.gamergalaxy.com.au/temp. I doubt id need to include the url as the file is contained within but im not sure lol. Ive tried several versions inluding my URL. The 'myspace' would that be my URL ? Is home meant to stay as home? Is it meant to be public_html or httpdocs? I know the soulition is prob simple but that makes it more frusterating heh

Hi again

My full path as far as I can tell is /httpdocs/temp or www.gamergalaxy.com.au/temp. I doubt id need to include the url as the file is contained within but im not sure lol. Ive tried several versions inluding my URL. The 'myspace' would that be my URL ? Is home meant to stay as home? Is it meant to be public_html or httpdocs? I know the soulition is prob simple but that makes it more frusterating heh

put a file in the temp folder named index.php containing just ..

<?php

echo __FILE__;

?>

Then call it via url http://www.mysite.com/temp/index.php

Take the index.php off and that is your path (delete the file)

put a file in the temp folder named index.php containing just ..

<?php

echo __FILE__;

?>

Then call it via url http://www.mysite.com/temp/index.php

Take the index.php off and that is your path (delete the file)

Hi again

I tried what you have said and it is still not working, is there anything else i need to do?

/**
* If $cachepath = '' cache.ser files will write to catalog root
* If $cachepath = constant(FWR_MENU_CACHE_PATH) cache.ser files will be writtend to DIR_FS_CACHE
*/
if(false === FWR_MENU_CACHE_PATH) {
$cachepath = 'http://www.gamergalaxy.com.au/temp/'; // Tries to create the cache file in shop root
} else $cachepath = constant(FWR_MENU_CACHE_PATH);

Hi again

I tried what you have said and it is still not working, is there anything else i need to do?

/**
* If $cachepath = '' cache.ser files will write to catalog root
* If $cachepath = constant(FWR_MENU_CACHE_PATH) cache.ser files will be writtend to DIR_FS_CACHE
*/
$cachepath = 'http://www.gamergalaxy.com.au/temp/'; // Tries to create the cache file in shop root

That is not a path it is a url .. get the path right and it will work.

That is not a path it is a url .. get the path right and it will work.

Almost there I think, I created the filr like you said, got the path, put it in, still the same error, so I tried just creating the file in the temp dir and set it to 777, still the same error.

This is how the code looks now.

$cachepath = 'home/httpd/vhosts/gamergalaxy.com.au/httpdocs/temp/'; // Tries to create the cache file in shop root

P.S. Thanks for all your help, I know im being a pain in the neck.

• 4 weeks later...

hello,

I can come to you because I encounter a small problem with the contribution!

I install the latest version [Full Package]FWR SEO Menu - Dynamic Site Map - RSS 2.0 Products Feed - Google XML Site Maps - vs 1.1.2] all works well except for the sitemap page!

I have a message:

Fatal error: Call to a member function get_products() on a non-object in /catalog/includes/boxes/image_in_cart.php on line 20

I try to look for months without success, could you help me? please

I install the contribution cart_in_header_v1.c-english version can be that is the problem?

thank you very much

I solved my good precedent problem!

by nothing against appears in the sitemap page!

I just this message:

The sitemap is currently unavailable

please help me I will take I do not understand what is wrong, it must come from this piece of code:

<?php
 ( defined('FWR_MENU_CACHE_PATH') && constant(FWR_MENU_CACHE_PATH) ? 
 $cachepath = constant(FWR_MENU_CACHE_PATH) : $cachepath = '' );
 if( function_exists('buildSiteMap') && $sitemaptd = buildSiteMap($cachepath, $languages_id) ) {
?>
		<td class="sitemap"><?php echo PHP_EOL . $sitemaptd[0] . PHP_EOL; ?></td>
		<td class="sitemap"><?php echo PHP_EOL . $sitemaptd[1] . PHP_EOL; ?></td>
<?php
 } else {
?> 
		<td><?php echo TEXT_SITEMAP_UNAVAILABLE; ?></td>
<?php
 }
?>

I solved my good precedent problem!

by nothing against appears in the sitemap page!

I just this message:

please help me I will take I do not understand what is wrong, it must come from this piece of code:

<?php
 ( defined('FWR_MENU_CACHE_PATH') && constant(FWR_MENU_CACHE_PATH) ? 
 $cachepath = constant(FWR_MENU_CACHE_PATH) : $cachepath = '' );
 if( function_exists('buildSiteMap') && $sitemaptd = buildSiteMap($cachepath, $languages_id) ) {
?>
		<td class="sitemap"><?php echo PHP_EOL . $sitemaptd[0] . PHP_EOL; ?></td>
		<td class="sitemap"><?php echo PHP_EOL . $sitemaptd[1] . PHP_EOL; ?></td>
<?php
 } else {
?> 
		<td><?php echo TEXT_SITEMAP_UNAVAILABLE; ?></td>
<?php
 }
?>

sorry for the slow response I have had no internet connection for 12 days.

Looks to me like $info_box_categories which is generated by the menu is inexistant or null.

• 3 weeks later...

Is it possible to have the links bold when the link is currently being browsed, just as the stock menu. Is this a "styling issue" dealt with under fwr_suckertree_css_menu.php or a code issue? The code from the categories.php is below, I think. However since this contribution is a completely different option, I was seeing if it is even possible to do.

if (isset($cPath_array) && in_array($counter, $cPath_array)) {
     $categories_string .= '<b>';
   }

// display category name
   $categories_string .= $tree[$counter]['name'];

if (isset($cPath_array) && in_array($counter, $cPath_array)) {
     $categories_string .= '</b>';
   }

• 7 months later...

A couple quick tips and a link to our website, where we are using this contrib....

QUICK TIPS:

We had two problems with the sub-menus that popped up when 'floating' over the main categories. Both were solved by modifying catalog/fwr_suckertree_css_menu.php...

1. The column was too narrow and long entries were getting wrapped or, in some cases, had scroll bars placed under them so you could scroll to see all the text. Solution: Find the following line of code: width: 129px; /*sub menu width*/. Change the value to a higher number to increase the horizontal size of the sub-menu box. (We had to go all the way to 175.)
  2. Long entries that had horizontal scroll bars placed under them prevented the user from rolling the mouse to any entries under the scroll bar. The sub-menu would automatically close. No matter how many times we went back or how we rolled the mouse, the sub-menu always disappeared once we rolled the mouse below the horizontal scroll bar that was appearing. Solution: Implement the code suggested on the first page for adding horizontal lines under each entry in the list. Namely, find the following code: border-bottom: 0;. Change the 0; to 1px dotted #ccc; (We found this fix totally by accident. We were just looking to make the menu entries appear more separated and it fixed our mystery problem...)

Link to a LIVE website using this contrib:

We saw a couple different user requests for websites that were using this contrib so people could see what it does. We were looking for a website ourselves. We saw a couple posts that appeared promising but they were either dead links or websites that evidentally didn't follow through with this contrib. So we implemented without seeing an example but we were very pleased with the results. You can see them here:

Pop Out Menu Example at ReplacementRadios.com

Edited by kru

Add-Ons personally installed:

Step by Step Manual Order -- Request Reviews -- Reviews in Product Listing -- Reviews in Product Display -- Review Approval System -- Leverage Browser Cache --
Header Tag Controller -- Multilayer SEO Pop Out Menu -- Follow Us Box -- View All Products -- USPS Shipping Labels -- UPS Shipping Labels -- Monthly Sales/Tax Report --
htacess Optimisation -- Remove Unused Images -- Master Password -- Admin Change Customer Password -- Database Backup Manager -- Zero Stock Report --
Searchbox Search In Descriptions -- Easy Populate 2.76i -- Barcode Rendering -- Admin Sort By Model -- Products Purchased Report

Add-Ons personally developed:

Search for email address, etc in Orders -- Discontinue Product

Add-Ons installed by others:

View Counter -- Site Monitor -- Image Thumbnailer -- Database Optimizer -- Recaptcha -- Discount Coupons -- Add More Fields

• 1 month later...

I am not having problems per se - the menus just really aren't working, and I suspect the reason is customizations made previous to the installation of this contrib (once again I am sure it is great work). I must see if I saved a revision prior to that implementation (also prior to using a revisioning system like CVS/ perforce/tortois which I do now), and revert those categories edits.

The issue(s) - (1) Instead of fly out menus, I have a nested menu (first time in a long time....) but I am getting the cat and first 2 sub cat nestings, nothing after that. The sub cats in our store can nest 4 subcats deep.

(2) Another thing, again, as I said, the store is working, the menu is mostly running (just not pop out and not full depth) but I cannot for the life of me determine where categories.ser is supposed to live. Should it be in catalog? Somewhere else? Should I be seeing a ton of tcache files as I am seeing in the root?

This is happening in our live store www.minionsweb.com/osStore

Some guidance would be appreciated.

Corey

Edited by minionsweb

I have resolved many of my oddities:

- includes\column_left.php had not been uploaded tho edits were in place.

- reverted to original install of includes\boxes\categories.php.

- removed a straggler from the same dir, another categories menu mod all_categories.php

The menus now recurse full depth - but they do not escape the categories box and expand it on the fly making for some horrendous page display issues.

A tip towards a fix would be appreciated.

The sort order in each category does not match how I have them indexed in the admin panel.

Is there a way to implement sort (have tried the config console)?

I still have not located categories.ser, and have to this point 151 tcache files and counting.

Normal?

Suggestions?

Corey

Edited by minionsweb

Since I am talking to myself, I figured I would provide the solutions as I came across them.

To recap:

I have resolved many of my oddities:

- includes\column_left.php had not been uploaded tho edits were in place.

- reverted to original install of includes\boxes\categories.php.

- removed a straggler from the same dir, another categories menu mod all_categories.php

Moving forward

The menus now recurse full depth - but they do not escape the categories box and expand it on the fly making for some horrendous page display issues.

A tip towards a fix would be appreciated.

This was resolved after discovering a few width elements:

catalog\includes\application_top.php around line 60 - changed:

define('BOX_WIDTH', 1); // how wide the boxes should be in pixels (default: 125)

I believe this was done for flexible column width as suggested by Monika, but I failed to remark the file - coders are their own worst enemies.

to:

define('BOX_WIDTH', 175); // how wide the boxes should be in pixels (default: 125)

This is normally define('BOX_WIDTH', 125); fresh from the gates, in our case this accommodates some long fields in the textboxes, besides we use a 2 column format, not 3.

Still no luck with:

The sort order in each category does not match how I have them indexed in the admin panel.

And this mostly holds true:

I still have not located categories.ser, and have to this point 151 tcache files and counting.
Normal?

I am well over 200 cache files now.

I thought this would be a single cache file not many, any suggestions what to do with them?

Perhaps create a separate directory?

These are all in the catalog root now.

Suggestions?

Resolved this after hitting admin panel and rebuilding the menus.

It is amazing how many times I swear I had been thru the doc and did not have that click.

Corey