• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Shipping module by weight

desa80

Hi osc forumers :)

I am looking for simple shipping module that calculates the shipping cost according to the weight of products -

for example:

from 0 to 1kg - 5$

from 1.1 to 3kg - 7$

and etc.

and not to depend on any zones and etc - only by weight?

Please help me - recommend me something?

Edited by desa80

Hi osc forumers :)

I am looking for simple shipping module that calculates the shipping cost according to the weight of products -

for example:

from 0 to 1kg - 5$

from 1.1 to 3kg - 7$

and etc.

and not to depend on any zones and etc - only by weight?

Please help me - recommend me something?

Just use the standard Table Weight shipping module that's already included in osC. That's exactly how it works, you enter a weight(or price) and the shipping cost in a table.

The shipping cost is based on the total cost or weight of items. Example: 25:8.50,50:5.50,etc.. Up to 25 charge 8.50, from there to 50 charge 5.50, etc

Edited by gwynwyffar

• 2 weeks later...
Just use the standard Table Weight shipping module that's already included in osC. That's exactly how it works, you enter a weight(or price) and the shipping cost in a table.

The shipping cost is based on the total cost or weight of items. Example: 25:8.50,50:5.50,etc.. Up to 25 charge 8.50, from there to 50 charge 5.50, etc

Thanks gwynwyffar!

But it calculates from 25 to 50 - 5.50 per kg.

I want to set price range from 25 - 50kg - price for all kg in this range for example $15 - so if somebody buy a product with weight 30kg hi will have to pay $15 for shipping.

Thanks gwynwyffar!

But it calculates from 25 to 50 - 5.50 per kg.

I want to set price range from 25 - 50kg - price for all kg in this range for example $15 - so if somebody buy a product with weight 30kg hi will have to pay $15 for shipping.

You edit the table to get what you want

Example: 25:8.50,50:15.00,etc.. Up to 25 charge 8.50, from 25 up to 50 charge 15:00, etc

So I'm gathering the weight units are in KGs then? My products are very small and light, ie 325g....but it won't let me program in 0.325 so do I round it up to 0.35 for 350g?

Edited by Fuzzbutt.co.uk

Imperial Sandtrooper TD-2441, UK Garrison

Ghostbuster "Dr Smith"

So I'm gathering the weight units are in KGs then? My products are very small and light, ie 325g....but it won't let me program in 0.325 so do I round it up to 0.35 for 350g?

0.325, round it up to 0.33 for 330g

So in the Shipping Modules in the admin screen, when I'm setting the prices I can use the decimal points? eg

0.33:8.50,0.6:10.50,0.8:20.00

etc??

Ghostbuster "Dr Smith"

So in the Shipping Modules in the admin screen, when I'm setting the prices I can use the decimal points? eg

etc??

Yes. Those figures will work.

If you intend to use an automatic delivery rate calculator, you will have to specify your weights in the unit required by it. Even though my product weights a small, I have have to use kg for my product weights for that reason.

Right I just programmed in these parameters for Zone shipping:

0.3:4.50,0.4:5.50,0.5:6.60,0.6:7.60

I've set a weight for each product and I've just done a test buy with my test American customer - it just comes up with "The shipping rate cannot be determined at this time" and then displays the UK shipping cost. What's gone wrong? My Zone 1 countries are as default when installed:

Zone 1 Countries

US,CA

I have my UK shipping set with price limits not weight - does this confuse OSC when the Zone 1 overseas shipping is set for weight?

Edited by Fuzzbutt.co.uk

Ghostbuster "Dr Smith"

• 2 weeks later...