• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Does this Contribution exist?

I am trying to customize osCommerce to make it into a ticket selling system for a small independent film festival I run.

Is there any contribution out there that would allow me to create a product (a movie) and give me the option to tell the system there are two show times for it, for example, (7 & 10 PM), then keep track of the different stock quantities (seats I can sell), and, finally, give the option to the visitor to chose the show time to the screening they want to buy before adding to cart.

I know of QTPro, but the problem with it is that I would have to create many, many attributes. Some movies start at 6:50, others at 7, 7:10, etc. Even more show times during the weekend. Is there someting that I could use that would be more efficient than that?

I have searched the contributions area, but from reading the desriptions, I cannot find anything that would fit.

Even if it's not from this site or I would need to pay for it, can you suggest a solution?

Thanks!

-Lou

I would try using Master Products contribution. Each movie would be a Master Product and then each showing would be slave products. This way you can track stock on the slaves (showings) also. You would end up entering each available showing time though - I don't know of a way around that aside from writing the SQL to simply upload all of the various times and their prices, stock, etc... into the database in one upload.

I am trying to customize osCommerce to make it into a ticket selling system for a small independent film festival I run.

Is there any contribution out there that would allow me to create a product (a movie) and give me the option to tell the system there are two show times for it, for example, (7 & 10 PM), then keep track of the different stock quantities (seats I can sell), and, finally, give the option to the visitor to chose the show time to the screening they want to buy before adding to cart.

I know of QTPro, but the problem with it is that I would have to create many, many attributes. Some movies start at 6:50, others at 7, 7:10, etc. Even more show times during the weekend. Is there someting that I could use that would be more efficient than that?

I have searched the contributions area, but from reading the desriptions, I cannot find anything that would fit.

Even if it's not from this site or I would need to pay for it, can you suggest a solution?

Thanks!

-Lou

~Tracy

I just read up on this contribution and I thnk it's the perfect thing for me. Thanks for suggesting it. I would not have been able to find it without your help.

I would try using Master Products contribution. Each movie would be a Master Product and then each showing would be slave products. This way you can track stock on the slaves (showings) also. You would end up entering each available showing time though - I don't know of a way around that aside from writing the SQL to simply upload all of the various times and their prices, stock, etc... into the database in one upload.