The e-commerce.

Australia Post module

coolchrisaus

simple fix

delete the auspost-old.php file from the

/var/www/html/osc6/includes/modules/shipping/

/var/www/html/osc6/includes/languages/english/modules/shipping/

folders

not sure what they have done to my module but i suspect they made changes and left the old one in place...

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

simple fix

delete the auspost-old.php file from the

/var/www/html/osc6/includes/modules/shipping/

/var/www/html/osc6/includes/languages/english/modules/shipping/

folders

not sure what they have done to my module but i suspect they made changes and left the old one in place...

Thank you, thank you.. Amazing I spent nearly two days trying different things and you solve it in seconds - I thought if I just renamed the file it would ignore it... It seems to be working now - thanks heaps you are a legend! :D

I have a new issue with Auspost regarding error messages..

My Setup

I am running the latest Auspost module I believe..? - The following modules are installed: Auspost, Auspostair, Auspostsea, Ausposteconomy, Auspostexpress.

Australia zones are installed too.

1. When I set all the Auspost modules to 'none' in the shipping zone I get the following error messages:

when I login as a domestic customer and buy a product I see this:

ITEMS:50 - Weight:1Kgs

Zip Code: 6008

Shipping Methods: Rates:

AusPOST Express Post Parcel (Delivery to 6008 - 2 days Estimated Delivery Time*

1 boxes 1kg(s) (incl $10 handling) ) 35.55AUD

AusPOST Parcel Post (Delivery to 6008 - 4 days Estimated Delivery Time*

1 boxes 1kg(s) (incl $10 handling) ) 21.36AUD

AusPOST International Parcel Post - AIR (ERROR: The delivery rate for this option cannot be determined at this time

If you prefer to use this option as your shipping method, please contact the store owner.)

AusPOST International Parcel Post - Economy (ERROR: The delivery rate for this option cannot be determined at this time

If you prefer to use this option as your shipping method, please contact the store owner.)

AusPOST International Parcel Post - SEA (ERROR: The delivery rate for this option cannot be determined at this time

and if I login as an overseas customer shipping to the UK I get this:

AusPOST Express Post Parcel (ERROR: The delivery rate for this option cannot be determined at this time

AusPOST Parcel Post (ERROR: The delivery rate for this option cannot be determined at this time

AusPOST International Parcel Post - AIR (Delivery to nhl12dx - 10 days Estimated Delivery Time*

1 boxes 1kg(s) (incl $10 handling) ) 41.36AUD

AusPOST International Parcel Post - Economy (Delivery to nhl12dx - 20 days Estimated Delivery Time*

1 boxes 1kg(s) (incl $10 handling) ) 34.55AUD

AusPOST International Parcel Post - SEA (Delivery to nhl12dx - 65 days Estimated Delivery Time*

1 boxes 1kg(s) (incl $10 handling) )

When I select Australia as the zone in the Auspost and Auspostexpress modules and login as an overseas customer I see just the shiiping costs for overseas shipments which is good, however when I then login as a domestic customer I lose the domestic shipping costs and just get the overseas errors again as below:

Please select the preferred shipping method to use on this order.

AusPOST International Parcel Post - AIR

ERROR: The delivery rate for this option cannot be determined at this time

If you prefer to use this option as your shipping method, please contact the store owner.

AusPOST International Parcel Post - Economy

If you prefer to use this option as your shipping method, please contact the store owner.

AusPOST International Parcel Post - SEA

Any Ideas - I am just trawling through the errors trying to fix them one at a time... any help would be hugely appreciated...

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I have just downloaded the contribution for this (v.2.0.2) and in the Readme.txt file for installation procedures, reads the following:

NOTE:

If you have already setup tax zones in your store then you will need to edit the sql to suit, as it will overwrite current tax zones.

How do I do this? I already have an Australian tax zone for GST 10% set up in my osComm store.

I want to make sure I understand what I have to do here before I go ahead with the installation.

Edited by aquamango

• 2 weeks later...

open the sql file up in a text editor and adjust accordingly or manually setup the zones in your admin

the sql in the package has the states of australia setup as a tax zone under GST with 10% applied to it and the rest of the world set to world zone with no tax

I have a new issue with Auspost regarding error messages..

My Setup

I am running the latest Auspost module I believe..? - The following modules are installed: Auspost, Auspostair, Auspostsea, Ausposteconomy, Auspostexpress.

Australia zones are installed too.

1. When I set all the Auspost modules to 'none' in the shipping zone I get the following error messages:

when I login as a domestic customer and buy a product I see this:

ITEMS:50 - Weight:1Kgs

Zip Code: 6008

Shipping Methods: Rates:

AusPOST Express Post Parcel (Delivery to 6008 - 2 days Estimated Delivery Time*

1 boxes 1kg(s) (incl $10 handling) ) 35.55AUD

AusPOST Parcel Post (Delivery to 6008 - 4 days Estimated Delivery Time*

1 boxes 1kg(s) (incl $10 handling) ) 21.36AUD

AusPOST International Parcel Post - AIR (ERROR: The delivery rate for this option cannot be determined at this time

AusPOST International Parcel Post - Economy (ERROR: The delivery rate for this option cannot be determined at this time

AusPOST International Parcel Post - SEA (ERROR: The delivery rate for this option cannot be determined at this time

and if I login as an overseas customer shipping to the UK I get this:

AusPOST Express Post Parcel (ERROR: The delivery rate for this option cannot be determined at this time

AusPOST Parcel Post (ERROR: The delivery rate for this option cannot be determined at this time

AusPOST International Parcel Post - AIR (Delivery to nhl12dx - 10 days Estimated Delivery Time*

1 boxes 1kg(s) (incl $10 handling) ) 41.36AUD

AusPOST International Parcel Post - Economy (Delivery to nhl12dx - 20 days Estimated Delivery Time*

1 boxes 1kg(s) (incl $10 handling) ) 34.55AUD

AusPOST International Parcel Post - SEA (Delivery to nhl12dx - 65 days Estimated Delivery Time*

1 boxes 1kg(s) (incl $10 handling) )

When I select Australia as the zone in the Auspost and Auspostexpress modules and login as an overseas customer I see just the shiiping costs for overseas shipments which is good, however when I then login as a domestic customer I lose the domestic shipping costs and just get the overseas errors again as below:

Please select the preferred shipping method to use on this order.

AusPOST International Parcel Post - AIR

AusPOST International Parcel Post - Economy

AusPOST International Parcel Post - SEA

Any Ideas - I am just trawling through the errors trying to fix them one at a time... any help would be hugely appreciated...

Murray

You need to apply the zones to each of the modules as explained in the installation guide...

have you installed the SQL file as suggested?

make sure you have the 2 local shipping options set to show only in the Australian Zone and the other 3 modules in the world zone

to fix any errors with unusual postcodes on the 3 international modules open them up for editing and remove from the drc call (line 69) the statement

&Destination_Postcode=$topcode

• 1 month later...

Hi there... I'm also running into a few probs with Australian shipping. I have the shipping module set up, for my Australian customers I'm just using the standard option, none of the express etc options.

For my international customers I'm using 2 of the internation options (sea and air mail). that's all working fine.

My problem is that I've also installed the AusPost FlatRates module and set it up for standard shipping and express shipping. I've set the zone to 'all australian zones'. The problem occus when i log in as an Australian customer, for shipping I get the first option (from the standard auspost module), but not the other two (the flat rates module). If I change the zone to 'none', I can see all the options, however I can also see all the options if I'm logged in as an international customer (which is not good, as I can't offer the flatrates to an international customer).

Does anyone have any ideas on what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks,

Barbara

Hi there... I'm also running into a few probs with Australian shipping. I have the shipping module set up, for my Australian customers I'm just using the standard option, none of the express etc options.

For my international customers I'm using 2 of the internation options (sea and air mail). that's all working fine.

My problem is that I've also installed the AusPost FlatRates module and set it up for standard shipping and express shipping. I've set the zone to 'all australian zones'. The problem occus when i log in as an Australian customer, for shipping I get the first option (from the standard auspost module), but not the other two (the flat rates module). If I change the zone to 'none', I can see all the options, however I can also see all the options if I'm logged in as an international customer (which is not good, as I can't offer the flatrates to an international customer).

Does anyone have any ideas on what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks,

Barbara

Any ideas? I'm also having intermittent problems with the standard shipping module - sometimes it's fine, other times it just displays the error message (ERROR: The delivery rate for this option cannot be determined at this time If you prefer to use this option as your shipping method, please contact the store owner.). I can't see any pattern for it at all... please help!

~Barbara~

Any ideas? I'm also having intermittent problems with the standard shipping module - sometimes it's fine, other times it just displays the error message (ERROR: The delivery rate for this option cannot be determined at this time If you prefer to use this option as your shipping method, please contact the store owner.). I can't see any pattern for it at all... please help!

~Barbara~

From what I remember, it is using the post code to determine the rate. Check that you have it set for the correct zone.

From what I remember, it is using the post code to determine the rate. Check that you have it set for the correct zone.

Hmmm, I seem to have it working now.

Problem # 1 (problems with the parcel flat rates): I'm still playing around with the demo products that came with oscommerce (the dvds and software etc.). When I added a product to the cart that I hadn't modified, and attempted to check out, it wouldn't give me the flat rate options. If I added a product that I had modified (changed the weight, price etc), then I got the options??? Don't know why, but thats ok, because when I start adding products, I'll be modifying them, so it should take care of that.

Problem # 2 (problems with the standard shipping): I've also just installed the 'actual attributes price' contrib, and I think I must have had something wrong - I've re-installed it correctly (fingers crossed) and it seems to be working now

• 1 month later...

Hi, complete newbie here, I have used phpmyadmin to install the sql files but I'm not sure if I have done the right thing. In phpmyadmin I selected the osc1 database, then clicked on then SQL tab, found the file using the browse function and hit GO. I did that for both files, is that right??? After installing auspost.sql it phpmyadmin came up with the message:

Your SQL query has been executed successfully:

The content of your file has been inserted. (auspost.sql: 245 Instructions)

Can someone let me know if I've done the right thing :-)

Hi, complete newbie here, I have used phpmyadmin to install the sql files but I'm not sure if I have done the right thing. In phpmyadmin I selected the osc1 database, then clicked on then SQL tab, found the file using the browse function and hit GO. I did that for both files, is that right??? After installing auspost.sql it phpmyadmin came up with the message:

Can someone let me know if I've done the right thing :-)

Looks ok to me.

Since installing the Auspost shipping module any new products I've added to my catalog show up on my site excluding tax. Is that a coincidence or has the shipping module changed something.

Since installing the Auspost shipping module any new products I've added to my catalog show up on my site excluding tax. Is that a coincidence or has the shipping module changed something.

Hi Carol

Something was bugging me about your sql post. I checked, and there is one file that you need to rune. It is the auspost.sql

Your current problem may be that your zones have been removed by running the sample.sql. Check in admin locations/taxes and see if your countries are still there, and your zones and tax zones are still there.

Hi Carol

Something was bugging me about your sql post. I checked, and there is one file that you need to rune. It is the auspost.sql

Your current problem may be that your zones have been removed by running the sample.sql. Check in admin locations/taxes and see if your countries are still there, and your zones and tax zones are still there.

Hi Leslie,

When I first went back into the tax area (because all items in my catalog were showing without tax for australian customers) I did see that the australian zone had been removed. However when I checked in tax zones there was an Australian zone set up: zone name: Australian zones, description: all local zones. There was also a World tax zone set up: zone name: World zones, description: all internation zones. When I went into tax rates only the World zone had been set up so I put in the Australian zone tax rate and my problem disappeared. The issue now is any new products I enter don't show up tax. Do I need to set up the Australian zone, tax zone and tax rate from the beginning, and if so will I need to do that for the 'World zones' as well?

Thanks in advance,

:D Carol

Hi Leslie,

When I first went back into the tax area (because all items in my catalog were showing without tax for australian customers) I did see that the australian zone had been removed. However when I checked in tax zones there was an Australian zone set up: zone name: Australian zones, description: all local zones. There was also a World tax zone set up: zone name: World zones, description: all internation zones. When I went into tax rates only the World zone had been set up so I put in the Australian zone tax rate and my problem disappeared. The issue now is any new products I enter don't show up tax. Do I need to set up the Australian zone, tax zone and tax rate from the beginning, and if so will I need to do that for the 'World zones' as well?

Thanks in advance,

:D Carol

Hi Carol

Do you that tax is not showing in admin? That is the way mine works.

The tax is displayed in catalog. Is that the way it is for you?

Hi Carol

Do you that tax is not showing in admin? That is the way mine works.

The tax is displayed in catalog. Is that the way it is for you?

Tax is showing in admin - although I just noticed it's calculating weird amounts. Just in the website catalog it's not showing up (or being added at checkout).

Tax is showing in admin - although I just noticed it's calculating weird amounts. Just in the website catalog it's not showing up (or being added at checkout).

Your admin is the opposite of mine. In admin, I put the gross in and let osc calculate the net and the tax class is gst. My catalog shows prices inc tax unless I log in as an o/s customer.

I don't see how the aust shipping module would upset the tax calculations in catalog before you get to shipping. In shipping, it may be the way the modules is set up in admin.

Your admin is the opposite of mine. In admin, I put the gross in and let osc calculate the net and the tax class is gst. My catalog shows prices inc tax unless I log in as an o/s customer.

I don't see how the aust shipping module would upset the tax calculations in catalog before you get to shipping. In shipping, it may be the way the modules is set up in admin.

I enter my prices the same way. To be completely honest I'm starting to think there isn't any way the aust shipping module has caused these problems. I have other problems with my site that no-one can help me with so I'm about to unistall OSC and start again from scratch. I'll PM you and let you know whether I get the same problem next time I install Auspost!

I enter my prices the same way. To be completely honest I'm starting to think there isn't any way the aust shipping module has caused these problems. I have other problems with my site that no-one can help me with so I'm about to unistall OSC and start again from scratch. I'll PM you and let you know whether I get the same problem next time I install Auspost!

Before you do that, do you have a back up of the database from before the module was installed. If so, try restoring that.

Always back up the database before running sql files, and after you have enetered a lot of products or changed prdoct descriptions. I learned the hard way.

Does anyone have a updated version of this contribution??

The contribs page shows the last update as 2005???

The contrib area shows the latest. The author was working on an update to give enhancements, but it has not happened yet.

The module does work.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi... I have installed this contrib [v2.0.2 + update] and have all the readme instructions.

I have also read through this Topic and followed any instruction that I could find that would seem relevent but I am still having a few errors pop up...

the errors read:

AusPOST Parcel Post

MODULE_SHIPPING_AUSPOST_EXPRESS_TEXT_TITLE

MODULE_SHIPPING_AUSPOST_EXPRESS_TEXT_ERROR

All shipping types are set to:

Enable = true

Insurance = 25:5.90

Shipping Postcode = 3579

Handling fee = 0

Height = 100

Width = 100

Depth = 100

Shipping Zone = Australian Zones

Tax class = --none--

Sort order = 1 and 2

Any help would be appreciated

Hi... I have installed this contrib [v2.0.2 + update] and have all the readme instructions.

I have also read through this Topic and followed any instruction that I could find that would seem relevent but I am still having a few errors pop up...

the errors read:

All shipping types are set to:

Enable = true

Insurance = 25:5.90

Shipping Postcode = 3579

Handling fee = 0

Height = 100

Width = 100

Depth = 100

Shipping Zone = Australian Zones

Tax class = --none--

Sort order = 1 and 2

Any help would be appreciated

Did you run the austpost.sql file only?

Parcel Post does not have insurance. Aust Post only handles parcels up to 20kg.

Air Mail is for international only so world zones should be set.

AusPOST Parcel Post

This can mean that the service is temp unavailable.

MODULE_SHIPPING_AUSPOST_EXPRESS_TEXT_TITLE

Are errors from express post module, not parcel post.

Sort order only determines where this option is displayed so a single number is needed.

No.. I ran both the austpost.sql and the sample.sql and max weight is set to 20

I took tried to change the insurance [set to 0] and still got no where

This can mean that the service is temp unavailable.

That would make sense, but I have checked and the service is running at the same time as I tried to use it in the cart.....

Are errors from express post module, not parcel post.

I can understand this too... but I donlt have a clue how to fix it....

and I put down "1, 2" for the sort order cos I was talking about both of the modules (parcelpost is down as 1 and express is down as 2)

Thanks for trying to help by the way...