The e-commerce.

Australia Post module

coolchrisaus

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello,

Unfortunately these are for the pre-late November snapshots.

There are many users waiting for a current one, believe me.

If anyone writes one or knows of one, please let us all know!

Happy New Year!

• 4 weeks later...

If anyone else having the same problems with the new AustPost module where it seems as though the Flat Rate, and Parcel Post or linked somehow?

I can't activate ParcelPost on it's own... I have to activate the Flat Rate module and then both are switched on.

Is this a bug or a feature? I can't work out what the feature could be, though there may be one...

Cheers,

Tony

"The price of success is perseverance. The price of failure comes much cheaper."

Quick Bugfix either download

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,648

or open the auspost.php file in the includes/modules/shipping folder and find line 88

$check_query = tep_db_query("select configuration_value from " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " where configuration_key = 'MODULE_SHIPPING_FLAT_STATUS'");

and replace it with

$check_query = tep_db_query("select configuration_value from " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " where configuration_key = 'MODULE_SHIPPING_AUSPOST_STATUS'");

It works fine now, thanks Steve!

BTW I think it'd be great if the 'Your Postcode' was automatically filled out based on the postcode entered in the 'My Store' configuration screen. Is this possible?

"The price of success is perseverance. The price of failure comes much cheaper."

Steve,

I've had a quick look at the DRC system and it bases it's 'quote' on not only the weight, but the cubic capacity of the item also.

How difficult would it be to add this feature to the existing AusPost module?

Do we even require the cubic capacity? Will it make that much difference to overall shipping total?

Cheers,

Tony

P.S.

How do I add insurance for all shopping cart totals over $100.

I can see the default $25 version, though this obvously stops adding the $5.90 insurance once the order goes over $25.

Valid point about the location differences, though I think it would still be easier to show the default postcode entry as the current postcode as entered in the 'My Store' screen.

Not all stores will be shipping from Sydney (2000) and I'm guessing that 9 out of 10 people would need to change it to another postcode because of this. At least if the postcode defaults to the current postcode (My Store) then there's less chance it will need to be changed. And if it does need changing, then they are in a no different position than if it was 2000.

Cheers,

Tony

If you add your stock with whatever type of weight they are going to go as it shouldnt be too inaccurate.

ie; when adding dense things (hdds) use their actualy weight, when adding bulky things (cases) use their cubic weight instead.

I can see that there would be problems with this, you could put a hdd INSIDE a case for shipping etc but this would prove to be an exception not a rule.

Cya,

Bah

Valid point about the location differences, though I think it would still be easier to show the default postcode entry as the current postcode as entered in the 'My Store' screen.

Not all stores will be shipping from Sydney (2000) and I'm guessing that 9 out of 10 people would need to change it to another postcode because of this.  At least if the postcode defaults to the current postcode (My Store) then there's less chance it will need to be changed.  And if it does need changing, then they are in a no different position than if it was 2000.

Cheers,

Tony

It takes less than 20 seconds to change the postcode in the admin of the module so whats the problem? :roll: :?

It takes less than 20 seconds to change the postcode in the admin of the module so whats the problem? :roll:  :?

No problem as such, just streamlining.

Why change the postcode if you can have it setup with your default postcode to begin with?

I understand the concept of seperate locations for shipping some items.

(BTW is that going to be a feature of future versions? Postcode of suppliers/manufacturer so all items by them are calculated based on where that particular product will ship from.)

I'm not suggesting to use the default postcode instead of the input box which allows you to enter a postcode. All I was suggesting was that the postcode be pre-filled from the beginning with your current postcode instead of the '2000' postcode... if you want to change it from there... go for it!

I know this is a minor thing that can easily be changed once you enable the module, though I just thought that it'd make the installation more streamlined for stores who ship from their current location.

I don't know the stats on stores who ship items themselves, or ship items from other locations... though I'd guess that the majority would ship from their current location.

Cheers,

Tony

• 2 months later...

Just had a peek at the Australia Post site, even delivery within Australia looks quite complicated with the rates varying based on the relative distances of the origin from the destination _and_ weight (as well as a mutiplier based on KGs).

I'm looking to write something that sends a request for a quote and processes the response to get a quote rather than trying to write a forumla and perhaps incorporate these changes into auspost v2!

Anyone done any work along these lines?

Adam

Adam thats what the module already does.

It obtains the quote from the australia post DRC and returns the value, based on the weight, ship from Postcode and the destination postcode.

• 1 year later...

I've just installed austPost, but running the SQL statements and uploaded the php files. I've also enabled the modules in the admin section.

However, when I checkout I get the following errors.

AusPOST Parcel Post

ERROR: The delivery rate for this option cannot be determined at this time

If you prefer to use this option as your shipping method, please contact the store owner.

AusPOST Express Post Parcel

ERROR: The delivery rate for this option cannot be determined at this time

If you prefer to use this option as your shipping method, please contact the store owner.

Is there any further detail as to what is happening here? I believe that I followed the README instructions on how to install the module.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

mangohead

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, Mangohead,

just in case you are still having problems, I had the same error, check that you have maximum shipping weight in your store configuration set at 20 and that you have put in your shipping from postcode.

this worked for me.

Good luck!

Maria

Hi,

can't seem to figure out why my rates are not correct. I have a couple of queries,

1. for parcels under 500g, is there something I need to adjust somewhere as I can't get anything less than $5.82 for parcels of 250g.

2. Is there a way of rounding - Australia Post quotes the price as $5.80 for parcels @ 500g - my rate is $5.82? And for pacels 2kg the price comes back at $6.09 when it should be $6.10.

3. I provide free shipping for orders of $50.00 when the shipping page comes up the customer is told that shipping is free, but the Express Post logo is above it - as I will not be sending the packages via Express Post when it is free postage I don't won't them to get the wrong information. How do I get rid of this. My sort order in admin shows Express Post - after Parcel Post sort order - 1.

My settings are:-

Shipping postcode 6290 - delivery postcode 6290

Calculate GST on shipping - False

Tax class on Shipping - None

Parcel Height - 100 Width - 100 - Depth - 100

Handling Fee - nil

Shipping Zones - Australia

I installed the auspost.spq and then the sample.sql

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

cheers!

Maria

• 4 months later...

Hi,

Just wondering if you had any luck with the austpost mod,

Im also getting strange figures $5.82, and when I do a check on the austpost website i get different prices.

Also do you know if it possible to offer satchels such as 500g and 3kg

Richard

Gifts! Ceramic Tiles! Magnets! Coasters!