• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

EasyPopulate 2.3 Released

wasson65

... I installed it very quickly . can you confirm that if I have already got sub categories and I just download the test file and add to it that I need to do nothing else in regard to sub categories?

Hmm, a few years ago I did a big excel spreadsheet that would build an XML document and submit it to a webserver which updated a database. The user never saw a web page, just the excel macro. We've got the makings of that here... Imagine working with your web store data completely in excel, never hitting the web with a browser, no downloading uploading, saving files.

What if it could be as simple as:

1. fire up an excel sheet,

2. Click "Get my data", and it appears.

3. Edit at will.

4. Click "Upload changed data".

Done

You mean it can't :) THis is what I am aiming for the biggest problem is I know very little in excel. I usually have some good ideas! My mate has programmed a few that I initiated but sadly my skills rarely overlap to generating code and his do not extend to exel. Perhaps there is a nice excel user in amongst us that could give me some directions and pointers as to what I would need to do.?

It would be nice and sensible to hide the nitty gritty from a non computer user who can just fill in a form. I await the masses of replies I will get on this subject........ 8)

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You mean it can't  :)  THis is what I am aiming for the biggest problem is I know very little in excel.  I usually have some good ideas! My mate has programmed a few that I initiated but sadly my skills rarely overlap to generating code and his do not extend to exel. Perhaps there is a nice excel user in amongst us that could give me some directions and pointers as to what I would need to do.?

It would be nice and sensible to hide the nitty gritty from a non computer user who can just fill in a form.  I await the masses of replies I will get on this subject........ 8)

Maybe you can mail me the .xls file you already got and i can see what i can do to contribute

Tim, this is a great contrib. Thanks for the hard work.

I've been having a bit of a problem and can't seem to find the answer here in the BB. Here's the error I'm getting:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare tep_get_tax_class_title() (previously declared in /home2/forks/forksdrumcloset-www/catalog/admin/includes/functions/general.php:1135) in /home2/forks/forksdrumcloset-www/catalog/admin/easypopulate_functions.php on line 34

Any idea's. I'm using a snapshot from may.

Tim, this is a great contrib. Thanks for the hard work.

I've been having a bit of a problem and can't seem to find the answer here in the BB. Here's the error I'm getting:  

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare tep_get_tax_class_title() (previously declared in /home2/forks/forksdrumcloset-www/catalog/admin/includes/functions/general.php:1135) in /home2/forks/forksdrumcloset-www/catalog/admin/easypopulate_functions.php on line 34

Any idea's. I'm using a snapshot from may.

OK, look in the file easypopulate_functions.php and comment out the function named tep_get_tax_class_title();

I had copied the function in there because it was missing from a very old snapshot. That functions file only gets included if the tep_get_uploaded_file function is missing, which would be the case in a snapshot from May. But apparently the tep_get_tax_class_title function had made it into general.php by then.

Tim

Thanks for the quick reply,

Here is the current error:

Parse error: parse error in /home2/forks/forksdrumcloset-www/catalog/admin/easypopulate_functions.php on line 42

Here is how my edit looks:

// function tep_get_tax_class_title($tax_class_id) {

//	if ($tax_class_id == '0') {

//  return TEXT_NONE;

//	} else {

//  $classes_query = tep_db_query("select tax_class_title from " . TABLE_TAX_CLASS . " where tax_class_id = '" . $tax_class_id . "'");

//  $classes = tep_db_fetch_array($classes_query);

return $classes['tax_class_title'];

}

}

Thanks for the quick reply,

Here is the current error:  

Parse error: parse error in /home2/forks/forksdrumcloset-www/catalog/admin/easypopulate_functions.php on line 42

Here is how my edit looks:

//  return TEXT_NONE;

//	} else {

//  $classes_query = tep_db_query("select tax_class_title from " . TABLE_TAX_CLASS . " where tax_class_id = '" . $tax_class_id . "'");

return $classes['tax_class_title'];

}

}

Sorry, I didn't say what I meant very specifically.

In PHP, a function starts with a curly brace and ends with the opposite curly brace. Other statements also use the curly braces, like if's and for's.

These curly braces must always appear in matchng pairs - one open, one closed. What your edit did was remove the first portion of the function, but not the last part. The function actually continues thru to the second closing curly brace.

So your code needs to look like this:

//  return TEXT_NONE;

//	} else {

//  return $classes['tax_class_title'];

//	}

//}

Hello!

The whole day I am trying to get EP to run, but I get some errors. I installed EP 2.41b5 on my local wamp with no problems, but it wont work on the website.

The errormessage:

Warning: Unable to create 'http://www.****-direkt.de/test/test/catalog/temp/EP1042460653.txt': No such file or directory in /homepages/35/ d17789206/htdocs/test/test/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 789

Warning: Unable to move '/tmp/phpa27171' to 'http://www.****-direkt.de/test/test/catalog/temp/EP1042460653.txt' in /homepages/35/ d17789206/htdocs/test/test/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 789

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /tmp/phpa27171

User filename: EP1042460653.txt

Size: 15774

Warning: file("http://www.****-direkt.de/test/test/catalog/temp/EP1042460653.txt") - No such file or directory in /homepages/35/d17789206/ htdocs/test/test/admin/easypopulate.php on line 603

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /homepages/35/d17789206/htdocs/test/test/admin/easypopulate.php on line 607

Upload complete

I searched the forum and made sure I have an temp-folder in catalog. Also I changed chmod from the temp-folder to 777. (as you can see)

drwxrwxrwx 2 p6764293 ftpusers 4096 Jan 13 16:12 temp

Normally this should fix the problems, no?!

Now I am at a point where I am not sure of even the configure-files for the catalog and the admin folders are ok, so I post them here.

catalog:

// Define the webserver and path parameters

// * DIR_FS_* = Filesystem directories (local/physical)

// * DIR_WS_* = Webserver directories (virtual/URL)

define('HTTP_SERVER', 'http://www.****-direkt.de/test/test'); // eg, http://localhost - should not be NULL for productive servers

define('HTTPS_SERVER', ''); // eg, https://localhost - should not be NULL for productive servers

define('ENABLE_SSL', false); // secure webserver for checkout procedure?

define('DIR_WS_CATALOG', 'catalog/'); // absolute path required

define('DIR_WS_IMAGES', 'images/');

define('DIR_WS_ICONS', DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'icons/');

define('DIR_WS_INCLUDES', 'includes/'); // If "URL fopen wrappers" are enabled in PHP (which they are in the default configuration), this can be a URL instead of a local pathname

define('DIR_WS_BOXES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'boxes/');

define('DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'functions/');

define('DIR_WS_CLASSES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'classes/');

define('DIR_WS_MODULES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'modules/');

define('DIR_WS_LANGUAGES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'languages/');

define('DIR_WS_DOWNLOAD_PUBLIC', DIR_WS_CATALOG . 'pub/');

define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', 'http://www.****-direkt.de/test/test'); // where your pages are located on the server. if $DOCUMENT_ROOT doesnt suit you, replace with your local path. (eg, /usr/local/apache/htdocs)

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', 'catalog/');

define('DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'download/');

define('DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD_PUBLIC', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'pub/');

// define our database connection

define('DB_SERVER', 'db**.puretec.de'); // eg, localhost - should not be NULL for productive servers

define('DB_SERVER_USERNAME', 'p6764765');

define('DB_SERVER_PASSWORD', '*****');

define('DB_DATABASE', 'db****');

define('USE_PCONNECT', 'false'); // use persistent connections?

define('STORE_SESSIONS', ''); // leave empty '' for default handler or set to 'mysql'

and the config.php from admin:

// define our webserver variables

// FS = Filesystem (physical)

// WS = Webserver (virtual)

define('HTTP_SERVER', 'http://www.****-direkt.de/test/test'); // eg, http://localhost or - https://localhost should not be NULL for productive servers

define('HTTP_CATALOG_SERVER', 'catalog/');

define('HTTPS_CATALOG_SERVER', '');

define('ENABLE_SSL_CATALOG', 'false'); // secure webserver for catalog module

define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', 'http://www.****-direkt.de/test/test'); // where your pages are located on the server. if $DOCUMENT_ROOT doesnt suit you, replace with your local path. (eg, /usr/local/apache/htdocs)

define('DIR_WS_ADMIN', '/admin/');

define('DIR_FS_ADMIN', DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT . DIR_WS_ADMIN);

define('DIR_WS_CATALOG', 'catalog/');

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT . DIR_WS_CATALOG);

define('DIR_WS_IMAGES', 'images/');

define('DIR_WS_ICONS', DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'icons/');

define('DIR_WS_CATALOG_IMAGES', DIR_WS_CATALOG . 'images/');

define('DIR_WS_INCLUDES', 'includes/');

define('DIR_WS_BOXES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'boxes/');

define('DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'functions/');

define('DIR_WS_CLASSES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'classes/');

define('DIR_WS_MODULES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'modules/');

define('DIR_WS_LANGUAGES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'languages/');

define('DIR_WS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES', DIR_WS_CATALOG . 'includes/languages/');

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'includes/languages/');

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_IMAGES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'images/');

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_MODULES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'includes/modules/');

define('DIR_FS_BACKUP', DIR_FS_ADMIN . 'backups/');

// define our database connection

define('DB_SERVER', 'db**.puretec.de'); // eg, localhost - should not be NULL for productive servers

define('DB_SERVER_USERNAME', 'p6764765');

define('DB_SERVER_PASSWORD', '*****');

define('DB_DATABASE', 'db7*****');

define('USE_PCONNECT', 'false'); // use persistent connections?

define('STORE_SESSIONS', ''); // leave empty '' for default handler or set to 'mysql'

Sorry for posting all that here, its just I am really confused now. Hopefully anyone can help me out. Thank you guys!

Christian

Hello!

The whole day I am trying to get EP to run, but I get some errors. I installed EP 2.41b5 on my local wamp with no problems, but it wont work on the website.

The errormessage:

Warning: Unable to create 'http://www.****-direkt.de/test/test/catalog/temp/EP1042460653.txt': No such file or directory in /homepages/35/ d17789206/htdocs/test/test/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 789

... snip ...

Christian

There is something wrong with your config, because EP is trying to put a file into this directory:

http://www.****-direkit.de/test/test/catalog/temp

Directories can't start with http://

Check your config var

DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT

This is the filesystem document root, not the http path to the document root.

There are also two "test"s in the path, which seems a little odd.

Hope this helps

Tim

I am getting this error now:

QTY was --0--

| GFBBQ | 0 Updated

QTY was --0--

| GFBELT2 | 0 Updated

QTY was --0--

| GFCAM2X | 0 !New Product!

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax near '0", NULL)' at line 18

INSERT INTO products ( products_image, products_model, products_price, products_status, products_last_modified, products_date_added, products_date_available, products_tax_class_id, products_weight, products_quantity, manufacturers_id) VALUES ( "", "GFCAM2X", "", "0", CURRENT_TIMESTAMP, CURRENT_TIMESTAMP, CURRENT_TIMESTAMP, ", "", "0", NULL)

[TEP STOP]

It's probably after I installed Elari's "quantity displayed & text status for some products..." mod, where you add products_quantity_display_allowed to the products table.

Any idea how to make these two mod work together?

Regards

Michael

i have been testing this over and over and it looks like EP does not like new products anymore. It doesnt matter where in the db i put them, EP stops there:

QTY was --100--

| 9899 | nopic.gif | | | | | 0 | 0 | 12/9/2002 | | 100 | 10 | 1 | Marmitek | | | | | | | | --none-- | Inactive !New Product!

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax near '0", "100", 10)' at line 18

INSERT INTO products ( products_image, products_model, products_price, products_status, products_last_modified, products_date_added, products_date_available, products_tax_class_id, products_weight, products_quantity, manufacturers_id) VALUES ( "nopic.gif", "9899", "0", "0", CURRENT_TIMESTAMP, CURRENT_TIMESTAMP, "12/9/2002 4:11", ", "0", "100", 10)

[TEP STOP]

i have been testing this over and over and it looks like EP does not like new products anymore. It doesnt matter where in the db i put them, EP stops there:

QTY was --100--

| 9899 | nopic.gif | | | | | 0 | 0 | 12/9/2002 | | 100 | 10 | 1 | Marmitek | | | | | | | | --none-- | Inactive !New Product!

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax near '0", "100", 10)' at line 18

INSERT INTO products ( products_image, products_model, products_price, products_status, products_last_modified, products_date_added, products_date_available, products_tax_class_id, products_weight, products_quantity, manufacturers_id) VALUES ( "nopic.gif", "9899", "0", "0", CURRENT_TIMESTAMP, CURRENT_TIMESTAMP, "12/9/2002 4:11", ", "0", "100", 10)

[TEP STOP]

Yeah, the 2.41beta6 fixes this exact problem. It was a really dumb bug, a missing ". I'll get it right at some point in the future.... 8-/

Thanks for your quick answer!

Hmm, lets have a look.

My local files are on

D:ApacheApachehtdocscatalog and

D:ApacheApachehtdocsadmin

(Dont worry about the ApacheApache-path its kind of style 8))

So I think that DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT has to be localhost in catalog/includes/configure.php and admin/includes/configure.php.

Is that correct? (Otherwise how is it correct?)

I want to test my shop on www.****-direkt.de/test/test

(yeah I like that path-style :D)

:cry: doesnt work, I get this error messages:

Warning: Unable to create 'localhost/catalog/temp/EP1042537160.txt': No such file or directory in /homepages/35/d17789206/htdocs/test/test/ admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 789

Warning: Unable to move '/tmp/phpa31546' to 'localhost/catalog/temp/EP1042537160.txt' in /homepages/35/d17789206/htdocs/test/test/admin/ includes/functions/general.php on line 789

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /tmp/phpa31546

User filename: EP1042537160.txt

Size: 16114

Warning: file("localhost/catalog/temp/EP1042537160.txt") - No such file or directory in /homepages/35/d17789206/htdocs/test/test/admin/ easypopulate.php on line 603

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /homepages/35/d17789206/htdocs/test/test/admin/easypopulate.php on line 607

Upload complete

I get confused on the error message, because it says localhost/catalog/temp/EP1042537160.txt couldnt be created. this should be an file on the webserver (host) I think. Why do changes in DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT appear in that line, when DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT is the path to the local files :?:

BTW: http://www.****-direkt.de/test/test/catalog/temp exists and the rights to this folder are chmod777.

I also have no idea where the /homepages/35/d17789206/htdocs in the error message came from. And what this should tell me.

Sorry for asking again such likely easy things :roll:

Thank you!

Christian

Thanks for your quick answer!

Hmm, lets have a look.

My local files are on  

D:ApacheApachehtdocscatalog and  

D:ApacheApachehtdocsadmin

(Dont worry about the ApacheApache-path its kind of style  8))

So I think that DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT has to be localhost in catalog/includes/configure.php and admin/includes/configure.php.

Is that correct? (Otherwise how is it correct?)

I want to test my shop on www.****-direkt.de/test/test

(yeah I like that path-style :D)

:cry: doesnt work, I get this error messages:

Warning: Unable to create 'localhost/catalog/temp/EP1042537160.txt': No such file or directory in /homepages/35/d17789206/htdocs/test/test/ admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 789

Warning: Unable to move '/tmp/phpa31546' to 'localhost/catalog/temp/EP1042537160.txt' in /homepages/35/d17789206/htdocs/test/test/admin/ includes/functions/general.php on line 789

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /tmp/phpa31546

User filename: EP1042537160.txt

Size: 16114

Warning: file("localhost/catalog/temp/EP1042537160.txt") - No such file or directory in /homepages/35/d17789206/htdocs/test/test/admin/ easypopulate.php on line 603

Upload complete

I get confused on the error message, because it says localhost/catalog/temp/EP1042537160.txt couldnt be created. this should be an file on the webserver (host) I think. Why do changes in DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT appear in that line, when DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT is the path to the local files  :?:  

BTW: http://www.****-direkt.de/test/test/catalog/temp exists and the rights to this folder are chmod777.

I also have no idea where the /homepages/35/d17789206/htdocs in the error message came from. And what this should tell me.

Sorry for asking again such likely easy things  :roll:  

Thank you!

Christian

OK, I think you are confused about the difference between a path you put into a browser to get to a page, and the filesystem path on the disk of the server. They are not the same.

If your filesystem path on the disk to the directory you have told Apache to use as it's document root is

D:ApacheApachehtdocs

Then DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT needs to be set to that. You would never set DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT to localhost.

Now, to access the pages stored in D:ApacheApachehtdocs in your broswer, you would put in

http://localhost/whatever.php

But once you upload to the shared server, your DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT is no longer D:Apache...

What you've got is basic OSC configuration problems, not EP problems. To test your config, you can try using the Admin->Tools->FileManager part of OSC. I will lay you odds that doesn't work either at this point.

Tim

You need to understand what the error message is telling you. It says it can't create a file, and tells you the *path* of the file and the line number in the file where the error occured.

Try this. FTP to your shared server. In the htdocs directory, do a pwd. See what the path is. That's going to be the path that DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT needs to be set to.

Now I can also guarantee that you haven't actually done a chmod 777 on http://whatever/catalog/temp, because to do that you would need to ftp in and do a cd to http://whatever/catalog/temp, and at that point you're going to get an error because there is no directory on the servers filesystem that start with http://

I do however believe that you did do a chmod 777 on /homepages/35/d17789206/htdocs/test/test/catalog/temp

See, where you point your browser is not the same as what the server has for a directory structure on it's disk.

Hello Tim,

thanks again for your posts. Now I got it. :D

The problem was exactly what you described in your last sentence. I have to know the local file path on the webserver. That might be clear for all other users and for me now it is also, but I didnt got it exactly from the documentation. Maybe its because I got confused about other stuff (googlebot and SID-Killer) earlier. Luckily the server gave me a hint in the error-message. I had to define 'homepages/35/d17789206/htdocs' as DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT.

Thanks again for your quick and helpful advice!!

Ciao

Christian

Hello Tim,

thanks again for your posts. Now I got it.  :D  

The problem was exactly what you described in your last sentence. I have to know the local file path on the webserver. That might be clear for all other users and for me now it is also, but I didnt got it exactly from the documentation. Maybe its because I got confused about other stuff (googlebot and SID-Killer) earlier.  Luckily the server gave me a hint in the error-message. I had to define 'homepages/35/d17789206/htdocs' as DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT.  

Thanks again for your quick and helpful advice!!

Ciao

Christian

Glad you got it working! Welcome to OSc - it's really kinda fun once you get used to it... 8-)

Tim

I've been browsing here for a few months (since I've been working with OSC), but never posted (I think)... but I have to say that Tim has saved my life!

I have uploaded over 27,000 products in merely a few days, and even added the additional big image!

Thanks again... to everyone who contributes here... you're ALL a great bunch, and as I learn, I hope to contribute in some way!

You mean it can't :) THis is what I am aiming for the biggest problem is I know very little in excel. I usually have some good ideas! My mate has programmed a few that I initiated but sadly my skills rarely overlap to generating code and his do not extend to exel. Perhaps there is a nice excel user in amongst us that could give me some directions and pointers as to what I would need to do.?

It would be nice and sensible to hide the nitty gritty from a non computer user who can just fill in a form. I await the masses of replies I will get on this subject........ 8)

Maybe you can mail me the .xls file you already got and i can see what i can do to contribute

sorry I have been ill with my kidney stones flaring up again. And I have problems with EP seeming to not create a new .txt file to download although it says it has. If I download a new file It still seems to have te info that was there before I added many more categories etc.

I will persevere and get that file to you ASAP if the offer is still open. again sorry for not getting back to you earlier.

Hello Tim' date='

Glad you got it working! Welcome to OSc - it's really kinda fun once you get used to it... 8-)

Tim[/quote']

I am having a spot of bother getting the file created by EP to show on the server while using FTP. I know that it does in fact create these files in the catalog/temp folder because it I select the option in admin to create the text files and then choose to delete the folder I see the text files being deleted in the log screen of wsftp. I also can see the files if I use the file manager in the admin of oscommerce.

I can also select the download option and it does in fact download a file...different name everytime but it does not reflect and changes I have made in the admin manually.......so I seem to have two problems and I am not sure if they are connected or just coincidence!!

Yes Tim I am using a windows machine :roll:

any suggestions appreciated.

I will persevere and get that file to you ASAP if the offer is still open. again sorry for not getting back to you earlier.

First, I'd upgrade my ep to the latest and greatest: 2.41beta7.

There have been quite a few bug fixes in the mean time.

So you're saying that if you edit an item in the admin section and then dl with EP, the file doesn't change?

Odd....

Tim

So you're saying that if you edit an item in the admin section and then dl with EP, the file doesn't change?

Odd....

Tim

Yes thats what I am saying Tim.

I did not want to upgrade as I know this was working but seems to have stopped now. I did not want to introduce my possible errors to the equation but I will do so now then. is it easy to upgrade I need to RTFM :lol:

Odd....

Tim

Ok I have now solved the missing files.......they were there as I said but did not display after creation even with refresh...after deleting the temp folder AGAIN and then using your beta 7 script they do display after a refresh. so thats solved but the store does not look like the file that is created..........I can sent the text file if you have got time to check it out and give you the URL of the store so you can see what is really there.

There is not that much really as I am only just making sure everything works before trying to upload several hundred items later.

You say you have never had this before or had it reported even??

Thanks in advance

Tim,

You are working so hard and making my life so much easier, I hate to bother you BUT..... :lol:

I thought the header fields would download with the file export from my database if I uncommented them in the ep.php? Could i have missed something? I didn't get them when I did my first download after having the mod active.

Also, I thought I read somewhere in all the ep threads that it supported MoPics? Was I hallucinating? Could be ya know, it's all running together...... I saw the explanation of how to add an extra field, but I would screw it up, any chance that I could use the separate prices fields? MoPics allows 6 photos, but I would be happy with 2 per product, 3 would be awesome but I could live without it for now.

Debbie

[no external urls in signatures please, kthanks]

I will persevere and get that file to you ASAP if the offer is still open.  again sorry for not getting back to you earlier.

Odd....

Tim

Ok Tim thanks for that to save you worry I had misread what you wrote above and have done some more tests today.

When I woke up this morning I edited an item and the changes showed in the next EP text file download. But still the new categories and sub categories do not show up.

So I added a kit to one of these categories that do not show and yippee the category and the subcategory appeared. I then noticed that a category that has two sub categories in it BUT also some products in the root category does not show the empty subcategories but displays the products.

So my conclusion is that an export via EP does not include any empty categories or indeed subcategories. I am sure I am not the frist one to realsie this and you will now tell me that I should RTFM a bit better next time............if not is there any way of changing it so empty categories and sub categories are also exported/downloaded so that an empty text file with categories can be filled up in excel etc.

Thanks in advance