• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

EasyPopulate 2.3 Released

wasson65

Hi all

I download EP2.31 but i see this warnings when I want upload EP files

Warning: Unable to create '/home/html/mati/html/catalog/temp/nuevo.txt': No such file or directory in /home/html/mati/html/tienda/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 789

Warning: Unable to move '/tmp/phpz24pMf' to '/home/html/mati/html/catalog/temp/nuevo.txt' in /home/html/mati/html/tienda/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 789

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /tmp/phpz24pMf

User filename: nuevo.txt

Size: 98039

Warning: file("/home/html/mati/html/catalog/temp/nuevo.txt") - No such file or directory in /home/html/mati/html/tienda/admin/easypopulate.php on line 469

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/html/mati/html/tienda/admin/easypopulate.php on line 473

Upload complete

What's the problem?

Thanks,

Francisco

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First of all: Thanks!!

Stonez had a suggestion:

Just a thought... It would be great if I can remove products from the DB

by telling EP2.3 that this is a fresh upload. Then when upload with EP2.3

it can just erase all data contained in the DB first

and then fresh install all the products in the .cvs file.

Stonez

I think this is would be a perfect addon for the next EP.

A suggestion i would make is Automatic Image upload implemented in EP. Or does it have this functionality already!

Mr TT

Hi all

I download EP2.31 but i see this warnings when I want upload EP files

Warning: Unable to create '/home/html/mati/html/catalog/temp/nuevo.txt': No such file or directory in /home/html/mati/html/tienda/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 789

Warning: Unable to move '/tmp/phpz24pMf' to '/home/html/mati/html/catalog/temp/nuevo.txt' in /home/html/mati/html/tienda/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 789

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /tmp/phpz24pMf

User filename: nuevo.txt

Size: 98039

Warning: file("/home/html/mati/html/catalog/temp/nuevo.txt") - No such file or directory in /home/html/mati/html/tienda/admin/easypopulate.php on line 469

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/html/mati/html/tienda/admin/easypopulate.php on line 473

Upload complete

What's the problem?

Thanks,

Francisco

I answered this in the other thread you started. EP can't find the file you uploaded. It's generally a problem with not having a temp directory in the right place, or bad permissions set on the temp dir. I've added this particular error to the troubleshooting section of the documentation.

Hope this helps,

Tim

First of all: Thanks!!

Stonez had a suggestion:

Just a thought... It would be great if I can remove products from the DB

by telling EP2.3 that this is a fresh upload. Then when upload with EP2.3

it can just erase all data contained in the DB first

and then fresh install all the products in the .cvs file.

Stonez

I think this is would be a perfect addon for the next EP.

A suggestion i would make is Automatic Image upload implemented in EP. Or does it have this functionality already!

Mr TT

The "wipe the db and then upload" idea is interesting. But it does have a side effect, if you have *ANY* pending or fulfilled orders, they won't make any sense after you wipe the db out, because you won't get the same id #s for a product. So this particular thing is of use only in the setting up stage. Having said that, it's not hard to implement, so I'll probably put in a link to clean out the db, but with some confirmation from the user.

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by "auto image uploading". If you've got a bunch of images, just FTP them up to the right directory, then put the reference to the file in the right field in easypopulate, and upload. Viola! There's no need to upload the images via the web interface one at a time.

Tim

Hi Tim,

Im having trouble with EP2.3. When I download the complete catalog file then upload it again (without modifying it at all) all my products that are out of stock (zero quantity) show up on the catalog. I dont want my users to be able to see products that are out of stock.

Is this behaviour intended in EP? Any work around I can use?

Thanks.

Hi Tim,

Im having trouble with EP2.3. When I download the complete catalog file then upload it again (without modifying it at all) all my products that are out of stock (zero quantity) show up on the catalog. I dont want my users to be able to see products that are out of stock.

Is this behaviour intended in EP? Any work around I can use?

Thanks.

There is a configuration variable in easypopulate.php called $inactive. It defaults to 'Inactive'. If you set the status column to 'Inactive' then that product will be loaded into the catalog as inactive.

I suppose it would make sense to have a config var where you could say "If the product qty is zero, then make it inactive."

Try this. In EP around line 150, find the lines that look like:

//**** Status Field Setting ****

// Set the v_status field to "Inactive" if you want the status=0 in the system

global $inactive;

$inactive = 'Inactive';

And change them to look like:

//**** Status Field Setting ****

// Set the v_status field to "Inactive" if you want the status=0 in the system

// If zero_qty_inactive is true, then items with zero qty will automatically be inactive in the store.

global $inactive, $zero_qty_inactive;

$inactive = 'Inactive';

$zero_qty_inactive = true;

Then around line 1050, find the lines that look like:

// default the stock if they spec'd it or if it's blank

if ($v_instock != $inactive or $v_instock == ''){

$v_status = '"1"';

} else {

// only if they match the

$v_status = '"0"';

}

And change them to look like:

// default the stock if they spec'd it or if it's blank

if ($v_instock != $inactive or $v_instock == ''){

// they didn't make this prod inactive, check if we should turn off because of qty = 0

if ($zero_qty_inactive && $v_products_qty == 0) {

$v_status = '"0"';

} else {

$v_status = '"1"';

}

} else {

// only if they match the

$v_status = '"0"';

}

This is what I just put into my development version of EP, so let me know if this works for you.

Tim

This product is great stuff!!! It has saved a great amount of time in entering products, plus, is extremely easy to use and instsall..Thanks!!!

Wondering if anyone else came across this problem, though. When I upload product price, it seems to increase the price when viewing site...

The uploads have been successful and show correct pricing on the completion summary page, but when viewing page, I am not sure why proce is different. In most instances, average increase is about $.09. Weird?

Any help is appreciated....

This product is great stuff!!! It has saved a great amount of time in entering products, plus, is extremely easy to use and instsall..Thanks!!!

Wondering if anyone else came across this problem, though. When I upload product price, it seems to increase the price when viewing site...

The uploads have been successful and show correct pricing on the completion summary page, but when viewing page, I am not sure why proce is different. In most instances, average increase is about $.09. Weird?

Any help is appreciated....

Check the setting of the configuration variable $price_with_tax. Also, send me your file at [email protected], and I'll pull it into my dev store and see how it goes.

Tim

This product is great stuff!!! It has saved a great amount of time in entering products' date=' plus, is extremely easy to use and instsall..Thanks!!!

[/quote']

I endorse this Tim. I installed it very quickly . can you confirm that if I have already got sub categories and I just download the test file and add to it that I need to do nothing else in regard to sub categories?

Also I need to pass the work (boring stuff) to the mate I am doing the site for so he can add stuff and I can then upload it BUT......and a big but....is he is very computer illiterate and the spread sheet has frightened him to death. Is it possible for me to set up the spread sheet so it has headers which explain what section he is adding to . I realise I need to keep the v_products_model etc at the top of the excel sheet but can I use a fixed heading that does not get exported.........so excel really looks like a form to add data too and does not look like a spread sheet??

I am not that familiar with Excel but I have made a few forms /sheets so I can bodge about with it if its feasible. My initial ideas would be to create a form that takes the data and then I can select the data to export rather than just exporting the whole lot a a text file............minor detail I suppose but at some stage I will have to pass all this work to my mate as I cant justify running his admin for him as I will be back at work off sick as soon as my kidney stones get a move on <grin>

Thanks for any advice you all have.

Thanks for the contribution Tim.

:oops: <sigh>

Ahhhhh..Thanks Tim!

I posted and had to keep digging..Something did not seem right because of the consistency of the price change.....LOL

It was the tax..I did not realize the price could show inclusive of tax....

The contribution worked fine....the USER did not know what he was looking at.....

It's nice to know someone is there if you really need them, so for now, I will take a raincheck...

Thanks again!

... I installed it very quickly . can you confirm that if I have already got sub categories and I just download the test file and add to it that I need to do nothing else in regard to sub categories?

Actually, EP will create new subcategories on the fly, but only in the default language. So if you were filling out the spreadsheet and decided to add a category, just put it in the spreadsheet, and it will appear in your store when you import. But you will still need to add the picture via the web interface, and manually tweak any other languages you support other than the default language.

Also I need to pass the work (boring stuff) to the mate I am doing the site for so he can add stuff and I can then upload it BUT......and a big but....is he is very computer illiterate and the spread sheet has frightened him to death. Is it possible for me to set up the spread sheet so it has headers which explain what section he is adding to . I realise I need to keep the v_products_model etc at the top of the excel sheet but can I use a fixed heading that does not get exported.........so excel really looks like a form to add data too and does not look like a spread sheet??

I am not that familiar with Excel but I have made a few forms /sheets so I can bodge about with it if its feasible. My initial ideas would be to create a form that takes the data and then I can select the data to export rather than just exporting the whole lot a a text file............minor detail I suppose but at some stage I will have to pass all this work to my mate as I cant justify running his admin for him as I will be back at work off sick as soon as my kidney stones get a move on <grin>

Thanks for any advice you all have.

Thanks for the contribution Tim.

This is an interesting angle, and I'd be happy to include the xls file if you get it written. As far as EP goes, as long as it's tab delimited text with and EOR at the end and the right headers at the top, it's cool. So you could make a fancy form in Excel, and let the excel macro create the text file for uploading.

Hmm, a few years ago I did a big excel spreadsheet that would build an XML document and submit it to a webserver which updated a database. The user never saw a web page, just the excel macro. We've got the makings of that here... Imagine working with your web store data completely in excel, never hitting the web with a browser, no downloading uploading, saving files.

What if it could be as simple as:

1. fire up an excel sheet,

2. Click "Get my data", and it appears.

3. Edit at will.

4. Click "Upload changed data".

Done

:oops: <sigh>

Ahhhhh..Thanks Tim!

I posted and had to keep digging..Something did not seem right because of the consistency of the price change.....LOL

It was the tax..I did not realize the price could show inclusive of tax....

The contribution worked fine....the USER did not know what he was looking at.....

It's nice to know someone is there if you really need them, so for now, I will take a raincheck...

Thanks again!

I'll work this troubleshooting note into the docs - Glad it's working well for you!

Tim

In the instructions you mention a Multiple Price for one Product mod. I have looked for that mod and I'm unable to find it. Can you tell me the title, or what catagory it's in the the contributions? Or just post a link to it directly :)

Thanks!

Hi,

I also would like applaude Tim on his work on this great contribution.....

Had it working immediattly.........only one thing I cannot get to work is the product status......the Inactive angle does nothing and I also tried the stock level suggestion.....no luck,,,

Any suggestions// :idea: /?

Txs

ron

Hi,

I also would  like applaude Tim on his work on this great contribution.....

Had it working  immediattly.........only one thing I cannot get to work  is the product status......the Inactive angle does  nothing and I also tried the stock level suggestion.....no luck,,,

Any suggestions//  :idea: /?

Txs

ron

--Tim speaks in Elvis voice-- Thank you, thank you very much

You may have found a real bug, I don't think anyone's been exercising that function much. I can't say with much certainty that it's right. I've got a 2.4 release that I need to get out today, so I'll verify this before I ship it.

Tim

mouflon,

Thanks. I emailed the author and told him what I'm looking for and he said that there is one that would be better suited done by Ajeh (Linda McGrath). I don't know which one he is referring to. Basically, this is what I am looking for.

I need to be able to enter "Retail Price" and "Our Price" in the product setup. When the item is viewed, they will see the Retail Price slashed and our price listed (a "$xx.xx Savings" would be nice). Also I still have the ability to add an item to the Special Deals and have it then slash "Our Price" and list the Special Price and update the savings.

That is EXACTLY what I'm looking for, but if I can atleast enter Retail and Our pricing and display them it would be great.

Thanks!

Hi,

I also would like applaude Tim on his work on this great contribution.....

Had it working immediattly.........only one thing I cannot get to work is the product status......the Inactive angle does nothing and I also tried the stock level suggestion.....no luck,,,

Any suggestions// :idea: /?

Txs

ron

I'm troubleshooting this right now.

WIll let you know when I've got a solution.

Tim

Hi tim,

How could I add the ability to modify "date_added" information in EP? Currently EP supports only "data_available" right?

Regards,

Thanks to reemo's sponsorship, EP now supports date_added, and also has had the Active/Inactive problem fixed. You can dl the latest version at

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,500

Enjoy!

Tim