• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

TextMaster

The contribution gets the path to the files from the configure file so that has to be the problem.

Jack

Is it in both configurefiles i need to find the path for this contrib?

Can you please tell me if i have to change som more in order for it to give the correct path in my subdomain?

This is my includes/configure.php

define('HTTP_SERVER', [i]This is changed already[/i]
 define('HTTPS_SERVER', [i]This is changed already[/i]
 define('ENABLE_SSL', false);
 define('HTTP_COOKIE_DOMAIN', [i]This is changed already[/i]
 define('HTTPS_COOKIE_DOMAIN', [i]This is changed already[/i]  
 define('HTTP_COOKIE_PATH', '/');
 define('HTTPS_COOKIE_PATH', '/');
 define('DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG', '/');
 define('DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG', '/');
 define('DIR_WS_IMAGES', 'images/');
 define('DIR_WS_ICONS', DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'icons/');
 define('DIR_WS_INCLUDES', 'includes/');
 define('DIR_WS_BOXES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'boxes/');
 define('DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'functions/');
 define('DIR_WS_CLASSES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'classes/');
 define('DIR_WS_MODULES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'modules/');
 define('DIR_WS_LANGUAGES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'languages/');

define('DIR_WS_DOWNLOAD_PUBLIC', 'pub/');
 define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '/home/xxx/public_html/');
 define('DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'download/');
 define('DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD_PUBLIC', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'pub/');

This is my admin/includes/configure.php

define('HTTP_SERVER', [i]This is changed already[/i]
 define('HTTP_CATALOG_SERVER', [i]This is changed already[/i]
 define('HTTPS_CATALOG_SERVER', [i]This is changed already[/i]
 define('ENABLE_SSL_CATALOG', false);
 define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', '/home/xxx/public_html/');
 define('DIR_WS_ADMIN', '/admin/');
 define('DIR_FS_ADMIN', '/home/xxx/public_html/admin/');
 define('DIR_WS_CATALOG', '/');
 define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '/home/xxx/public_html/');
 define('DIR_WS_IMAGES', 'images/');
 define('DIR_WS_ICONS', DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'icons/');
 define('DIR_WS_CATALOG_IMAGES', DIR_WS_CATALOG . 'images/');
 define('DIR_WS_INCLUDES', 'includes/');
 define('DIR_WS_BOXES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'boxes/');
 define('DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'functions/');
 define('DIR_WS_CLASSES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'classes/');
 define('DIR_WS_MODULES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'modules/');
 define('DIR_WS_LANGUAGES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'languages/');
 define('DIR_WS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES', DIR_WS_CATALOG . 'includes/languages/');
 define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'includes/languages/');
 define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_IMAGES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'images/');
 define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_MODULES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'includes/modules/');
 define('DIR_FS_BACKUP', DIR_FS_ADMIN . 'backups/');

You are so kind taking time to answer all of us all of the time *handing you some beautiful flowers*

Then i have to se what else is wrong when textmaster gives my official site information instead of the subdomain..

Have a wonderful day Jack!

Hello Jack,

Thank you for your quick reply. I did get rid of the session errors. However I got new errors.

So I have spent some time to go and play with this on one of my test sites. I created a fresh virgin install of oscommerce using the Simple Scripts program from my host provider.

From there I added the contribution. On moidifying the index.php file on the virgin site I get the similar errors as on my live site. here are the errors I got from making a text change with the TextMaster Contribution.

Warning: Unexpected character in input: '\' (ASCII=92) state=1 in /home6/coorshom/public_html/coorstest.com/includes/languages/english/index.php on line 17

Warning: Unexpected character in input: '\' (ASCII=92) state=1 in /home6/coorshom/public_html/coorstest.com/includes/languages/english/index.php on line 17

Warning: Unexpected character in input: '\' (ASCII=92) state=1 in /home6/coorshom/public_html/coorstest.com/includes/languages/english/index.php on line 24

Warning: Unexpected character in input: '\' (ASCII=92) state=1 in /home6/coorshom/public_html/coorstest.com/includes/languages/english/index.php on line 24

Warning: Unexpected character in input: '\' (ASCII=92) state=1 in /home6/coorshom/public_html/coorstest.com/includes/languages/english/index.php on line 25

Warning: Unexpected character in input: '\' (ASCII=92) state=1 in /home6/coorshom/public_html/coorstest.com/includes/languages/english/index.php on line 25

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /home6/coorshom/public_html/coorstest.com/includes/languages/english/index.php on line 25

I have downloaded the latest version of TinyMCE from the link you gave us in your text file. I did not use the dev version as I figured that was for developers.

I appreciate all you do.

Thanks,

Don

Jack,

I did not get any errors when I did an edit using TextMaster on the privacy.php file with the default virgin install. However I cannot modify the default index.php file without the errors.

Any ideas on how to resolve this so I can use this cool tool.

Don

Yes, the problem is mentioned in this thread. TextMaster can't currently handle php code, which the index page usually has.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

OK, Thanks.

So there really is no tool for use on modifying the home page easily from an oscommerce contribution then. I had seen your contribution and thought it would work. I have been using Adobe Dreamweaver, but that is also butchering things and coming up with errors as I try to copy and paste the text code portion from dreamweaver into the index.php portion for text.

I appreciate the help.

Don

At some point I will fix this one but I can't say when that will be. The define mainpage contribution will do it though, as I recall.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack .. Does the Textmaster contrib have any individual configure.php file?

Something is wrong cus i still dont get my textmaster to work only for my subdomain.. only official.. everything else works as it should..

or could it be that i have some searchway in any of the files with this contrib that leads to my official site instead of the subdomain?

• 6 months later...

Hi everyone.

I have used this add-on with a oscommerce install ive done 1-2 years ago, and worked beautiful.

even the ability to modify "language/english/index.php" easily with no errors.

I just done a new install, using the web same hosting company.

I installed the add-on as instructed, but still having problems with additional "/" added into the code from what I can see. after editing "language/english/index.php"

Ive removed the '//" from ( //$fp = stripslashes_array($fp); ) as instructed

It reduced the amount of "/" added randomly to the code.

You aren't asking a question so I'll assume it is working for you. But for others, be sure to see the instructions regarding changing the code when problems like that encountered.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

• 7 months later...

If you have an answer for the following I would be very gratefull....

I have the classic \\\\\ in my files problem, and yes I HAVE actually read the instructions and followed them exactly.

The \ are still filling up my files infront of ever " character. I am using the latest TinyMCE (3.3.9)

Since I know that firefox and other browsers sometimes have a nasty habit och caching scripts I have flushed everything and even used a another browser.

What is wrong? Any ideas, could it be related to TinyMCE?

if (get_magic_quotes_gpc()) {

function stripslashes_array($array) {

return is_array($array) ? array_map('stripslashes_array', $array) : stripslashes($array);

}

$fp = stripslashes_array($fp);

}

}

else

{

$fp = array();

$fp = explode("\n", $_POST['textmaster_string']);

if (get_magic_quotes_gpc()) {

function stripslashes_array($array) {

return is_array($array) ? array_map('stripslashes_array', $array) : stripslashes($array);

}

$fp = stripslashes_array($fp);

}

}

You have to try the file change mentioned in the install file both ways. It's correct usage varies with the server.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

• 2 months later...

Hi,

I set up an OSCommerce store for someone months ago including Textmaster, and it all worked fine. He started setting it up and then got distracted, and now he's come to work on setting it up again there's an error whenever he tries to use Textmaster to update a file:

Failed to create the backup directory(s): /home/sites/.../includes/languages/english/[name-of-file].php

I think the hosting company has upgraded from PHP4 to PHP5 - could this have caused the problem, or any idea what else might cause this error. My first thought was folder permissions, but they're all set to 755 so I don't believe that's it.

Thanks for any suggestions you can provide.

Richard

It runs fine under php 5 so that shouldn't be the problem unless, maybe, it is 5.3. But my guess is that the backup directory required for this contribution isn't present or doesn't have the correct permissions.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

It runs fine under php 5 so that shouldn't be the problem unless, maybe, it is 5.3. But my guess is that the backup directory required for this contribution isn't present or doesn't have the correct permissions.

That's exactly what it was. Thank you, and sorry I didn't spot that on my own and bothered you with it. I guess once you find something that's a possible cause you focus on that and ignore the basics.

Thank you,

Richard

• 4 years later...

A new version has been uploaded with these changes:

• Added missing admin image.
  • Added multiple backups.
  • Added an option to delete the backups from the program.
  • Changed code to remove extra slashes added by editors.
  • Changed code to better handle errors.
  • Corrected installation instruction regarding javascript. Thanks to "Really need a nap" for finding that mistake.
  • Replaced one instance of HTTP_POST_VARS with $_POST.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons