• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

TextMaster

You're looking at the files on the server. You need to be looking in admin, like with http://www.yoursite.com/admin.

Jack

Hi Jack,

thanks for replying.

Yes, that's correct.

In my admin, www.onestopestore.com/admin, I just have the regular options:

Configuration

Catalog

Modules

Customers

Locations/Taxes

Localization

Reports

Tools

For some reason, the Textmaster option does not appear, so I was hoping someone could just take a quick look at what I have in my server admin just to see if I did the download correctly. I'm pretty sure I didn't, but not sure where I went wrong/if I'm missing something/if it's not in the correct root.

Right now, I'm actually considering just deleting and restarting from scratch; I'm just trying to see if there would be a way around that ;o))

Thanks again.

You missed the edt for the admin/includes/column_left.php file. If that had been made, even if it was made incorrectly, your left column would have showed something. There may be other problems but that is where you need to look first in the instructions.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

• 3 weeks later...
This contribution allows the shop owner to edit the text on any page in his shop which is located beneath the root directory. Unlike other text editor contributions, it doesn't require any code changes to be made to the root files, which makes it more flexible and compatible with other contributions.

Jack

This capability is a big plus. I just added an About Us page, ran Text Master and found my About Us file that I could then easily modify. Thanks much for building this contrib to do this.

I am not a professional webmaster or PHP coder by background or training but I will try to help as best I can.

I remember what it was like when I first started with osC. It can be overwhelming.

However, I strongly recommend considering hiring a professional for extensive site modifications, site cleaning, etc.

There are several good pros here on osCommerce. Look around, you'll figure out who they are.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Jack,

I wonder if you could help me with this error in c-panel:

[Wed Jun 17 21:24:43 2009] [error] [client xx.xxx.x.xxx] File does not exist: /home/xxxxxxx/public_html/admin/images/pixel_silver.gif, referer: http://www.xxxxxxxxx.se/admin/textmaster.php

I cant figure it out why it gives me this error...

Thanks in advance :)

To late to edit my earlier post but here is some more errors so you may see what the problem is..

[Wed Jun 17 21:24:35 2009] [error] [client xx.xxx.x.xxx] File does not exist: /home/xxxxxxx/public_html/404.shtml, referer: http://www.xxxxxxxxx.se/admin/textmaster.p..._box=textmaster

[Wed Jun 17 21:24:35 2009] [error] [client xx.xxx.x.xxx] File does not exist: /home/xxxxxxx/public_html/admin/images/pixel_silver.gif, referer: http://www.xxxxxxxxx.se/admin/textmaster.p..._box=textmaster

Hi Jack,

I wonder if you could help me with this error in c-panel:

[Wed Jun 17 21:24:43 2009] [error] [client xx.xxx.x.xxx] File does not exist: /home/xxxxxxx/public_html/admin/images/pixel_silver.gif, referer: http://www.xxxxxxxxx.se/admin/textmaster.php

I cant figure it out why it gives me this error...

Thanks in advance :)

It's saying that the admin/images/pixel_silver.gif doesn't exist. You need to upload that file. There should be one in includes/images.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

It doesn't other than for this contribution. I added it to the code but forgot to add it to the files to be uploaded. Otherwise it would have been added when you installed it.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi, me again...

Ive been making a subdomain of my site but it seems that the textmaster fuction does not save the work i do in a page.. Is there something i must do for it in order to work?

My official site works fine... but i dont know if this is right: when i click (mark) a image in textmaster area on a page i see this at the bottom:

Path: font » font » font » span » font » font » span » font » font » h1 » font » h1 » font » h1 » font » span » font » font » font » font » font » span » font » font » font » font » font » font » font » font » font » font » font » font » font » font » font » font » font » font » font » font » font » font » font » font » font » font » font » font » font » font » font » font » font » span » font » font » span » font » font » font » span » span » span » span » span » span » span » font » span » font » span » font » span » font » h1 » h3 » span » img

Thanks

Edited by Solan

ive checked the configure files and premissions but still the new text wont apear when i go to customer area.. But in admin i see the new text and admin say that the old file was backed up and the new file saved...

Try looking at the actual file to see if the changes were saved. If so, there is something wrong with code that is preventing a page from being loaded. If not, then there is a problem with the permissions.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Thanks i have now looked at the source code and the new text doesnt show there.. isnt it only premmissions on backups_textmaster i have to set to 755 or the same as my image folder? is there any other file i have to give the right premission?

Edited by Solan

I found the problem of the text not showing.. when i try to edit index.php in my subdomain the result doesnt show in my subdomain page.. But in my official site *oups*

I took a look in the configure files again but found nothing.. what am i missing out...?

Hi Jack,

i´m having problems with your amazing contribution..

Every time i try to edit any file, i get a permission error like:

"Error Permissions settings for /home/my_site.com/public_html/includes/languages/german/index.php will not allow editing. Please change the settings and try again."

All my files are /incluides/languages/german, english and spanish are set permission 644. I can only edit the files

if i change permissions for 777.

All language directories (/incluides/languages/english, german, and spanish) are set permission 755.

Any sugestions how to fix it?

Cheers

Edited by Mildway

It is probably a permissions setting on the server. The owner may need to be changed. There shouldn't be a problem with the files set to 777 since they are in a protected directory but it would be best to ask your host to check it.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

The contribution gets the path to the files from the configure file so that has to be the problem.

Jack

So do you mean that i cant get around that in someway or what? So that it works in my subdomain..

Sorry formy stupid questions

So do you mean that i cant get around that in someway or what? So that it works in my subdomain..

Sorry formy stupid questions

No, I mean there is a mistake in your setup. The contribution will work on any correctly setup oscommerce shop.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

It is probably a permissions setting on the server. The owner may need to be changed. There shouldn't be a problem with the files set to 777 since they are in a protected directory but it would be best to ask your host to check it.

Jack

Hi Jack,

unfortunately i don´t think is the "owner"... My files/directories are set owner/group myself (my login name in both). Directories /incluides/languages/MYLANGUAGES are all set correctly owner/group, with permission 755. The files at /incluides/languages/MYLANGUAGES/ are all with correct owner/group, with permission 644...

So everytime i want to edit the text from files i need set permission on it for 777. Are you sure it´s not a security risk set all my files at /incluides/languages/MYLANGUAGES to 777?

Thanks in advance.

James

Hello,

I downloaded and installed the TextMaster contribution today. It looks very promising. However, when I go to make a change on the home page text I get te following error when I try to go out to the site and view the changes I made to the index.php file.

Fatal error: Call to a member function add_current_page() on a non-object in /home3/twotonel/public_html/includes/application_top.php on line 344

This is the code on line 344 of my application_top.php:

$navigation->add_current_page();

I have looked over the files, but the error message relates to a file that I did not modify for this contribution.

When I tried to update the testpage.php it said it completed, then when I tried to open the page on my site I got the following error:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /home3/twotonel/public_html/includes/languages/english/testpage.php on line 17

I don't need to have the testpage.php error fixed, but I included the message in case it somehow relates to the problem when I try to open my home page.

Thanks in advance for any insight you are able to offer for this error message.

Don