• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

TextMaster

Hi there,

this is the error i get at the top of the page in the admin/configaration/textmaster

Warning: mkdir(//nas41ent/domains/s/shortnsweet-partybags.com/user/htdocs/admin/backups_textmaster/includes) [function.mkdir]: No such file or directory in \\nas41ent\domains\s\shortnsweet-partybags.com\user\htdocs\admin\includes\functions\textmaster.php on line 88

Failed to create the backup directory(s): //nas41ent/domains/s/shortnsweet-partybags.com/user/htdocs/includes/languages/english/testpage.php

this happens when i hit update after making any changes

It is saying it cannot create the backup directory. Are the permissions settings on that directory the same as on your images directory?

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

It is saying it cannot create the backup directory. Are the permissions settings on that directory the same as on your images directory?

Jack

Yeah I have checked that, that doesn't seem to be the problem?!?

Any luck finding the variables bug yet?
I know what the problem is. Just haven't had time to see if it is fixable. I will post it here when I do though.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

Yeah I have checked that, that doesn't seem to be the problem?!?
Your host may not allow creating directories like that. You might want to check with them.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

• 1 month later...

Great contribution. The ever missing add-on.

If I'm not wrong, there already is something for this when you have the defines in the database. But I don't want them in the DB as I think it will create overhead no matter how good configured.

To get this working, I had to change all HTTP_POST_VARS to _POST (I found out after half an hour :rolleyes: )

Please don't use old globals anymore. More and more people turn off long vars!

Great contribution. The ever missing add-on.

If I'm not wrong, there already is something for this when you have the defines in the database. But I don't want them in the DB as I think it will create overhead no matter how good configured.

To get this working, I had to change all HTTP_POST_VARS to _POST (I found out after half an hour :rolleyes: )

Please don't use old globals anymore. More and more people turn off long vars!

Do you have a fuller explanation?

• 5 weeks later...

First, I just have to say thank you because you have spent time on this module which makes it much easier for everybody. :-)

However, I have a small problem :blush:

All functions works fine.

But the editor does not work, there is no editing options only text box written in html.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there,

Thanks for this much-needed mod. I have uploaded everything and made the changes, but I must have missed something. I don't get the HTML Editor either. When I click the checkbox, the page seems to be loading something and then resets itself back to no check with no editor. I get the following jscript error: Line: 10 Char: 1 Error: 'TinyMCE' is undefined Code: 0

I have uploaded version 3.1.1 of TinyMCE, and uploaded the tinymce/jscripts/tinymce folder to the admin/includes/javascripts folder (in ascii), as well as made sure the general.php file is in the folder.

I can see everything in admin as I should except the actual editor, and can make changes to the text and save, and they look fine in the testpage. I just have no HTML Editor :blink:

Any ideas where I went wrong?

Thanks,

Violet

Edited by needs_a_nap

I found the issue, in the instructions it said "Upload the

tiny_mce directory found in the jscripts directory of that file to your

admin/includes/javascripts directory"

but the path in the admin/textmaster file the path points to '... javascript' (singular) :

echo '<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript" src="includes/javascript/tiny_mce/tiny_mce.js"></script>';
 include "includes/javascript/tiny_mce/general.php";

Anyway, I changed it to plural and it works fine.

Violet

• 1 month later...
new problem.. when i am trying to edit the index.php (to add a greeting message), i save it and when i go to see it i get this : Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_CONSTANT_ENCAPSED_STRING in /var/www/vhosts/turbosim.gr/httpdocs/oscommerce/includes/languages/greek/index.php on line 33

and it doesn't open..

I seem to get the same error when I edit the index.php. But this only occures when I use the characters other than letters, for example: ' or /

Probably also if Is there a solution for this, something I have missed in installation?

Does anyone know what could cause this?

• 1 month later...
With so many posts asking how to change text, I thought it would useful.

Jack

Here's a newbie with no PHP background, limited HTML experience and I got it to work. Had to do the uncomment thing but after that it's working just fine in my test store.

Thank you much!!

I am not a professional webmaster or PHP coder by background or training but I will try to help as best I can.

I remember what it was like when I first started with osC. It can be overwhelming.

However, I strongly recommend considering hiring a professional for extensive site modifications, site cleaning, etc.

There are several good pros here on osCommerce. Look around, you'll figure out who they are.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Jack,

Thanks for the Contribution. I was looking for something like this. Quick and Easy. Keep up the great work. Oh and I am using tinymce_3_2_1_1 with this contribution on RC2a.

Also, had to remove the // from admin/textmaster.php line 156 to get the formatting functions to work correctly. It wouldn't insert underlines or centering of text.

Just adding info here so that others who run into the same problem can maybe find some answers to their questions.

Thanks again.

Edited by ctec2001

Do or Do Not, there is no try.

WHEN I TRY TO EDIT A FILE WITH TEXT EDIT IT WILL NOT ALLOW ME TO BECAUSE OF SOME PREMISSION OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT

Did you follow Step 3 correctly? The backups_textmaster folder/file should be given 755 or 777 permission. I would start with that. If you could, maybe take a screenshot of error.

Hope this helps.

Mike

Do or Do Not, there is no try.

• 1 month later...

thanks for a good contribution, but whenn i try to go to my store i get this error.

Fatal error: Call to a member function add_current_page() on a non-object in /home/xxxxx/public_html/xxxx/catalog/includes/application_top.php on line 312

What have i done wrong?

here is line 312 in fat text:

// navigation history

if (tep_session_is_registered('navigation')) {

if (PHP_VERSION < 4) {

$broken_navigation = $navigation;

$navigation = new navigationHistory;

$navigation->unserialize($broken_navigation);

}

} else {

tep_session_register('navigation');

$navigation = new navigationHistory;

}

$navigation->add_current_page();

// Shopping cart actions

Edited by Solan

thanks.. now next problem.. i have another language so i placed the english file in my other language as well..

and now i get this error..

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_CONSTANT_ENCAPSED_STRING in /home/xxxxx/public_html/xxxxx/catalog/includes/languages/svenska/index.php on line 36

here is the code on line 36:

} elseif ($category_depth == 'top') {

i think i got the first problem fixed but i now have this error:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_CONSTANT_ENCAPSED_STRING in /home/xxxxx/public_html/xxxxx/catalog/includes/languages/svenska/index.php on line 33

is it my language who doesnt work with this contrib? :-(

You'll need to compare the files to find the problem.

Jack

i´m sorry but there is no other change made than the language :-(

and i tried to only go in the admin area ´s textmaster and ONLY click update and the try to visit my store but then i get a whole bunch of errors:

Warning: Unexpected character in input: '\' (ASCII=92) state=1 in /home/xxxxx/public_html/xxxx/catalog/includes/languages/svenska/index.php on line 13

Warning: Unexpected character in input: '\' (ASCII=92) state=1 in /home/xxxxx/public_html/xxxx/catalog/includes/languages/svenska/index.php on line 13

Warning: Unexpected character in input: '\' (ASCII=92) state=1 in //home/xxxxx/public_html/xxxx/catalog/includes/languages/svenska/index.php on line 13

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /home/xxxxx/public_html/xxxx/catalog/includes/languages/svenska/index.php on line 13

And when i then go back and click the restore button everything goes normal again in my store :(

The you either didn't change the option in the file (see the install file) or TextMaster can't handle something in the language file. If it works fine for English, then it's the latter.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons