• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

TextMaster

I've sent you a PM.
I don't see a way to easily code the contribution to handle javascript or code that calls other code, like your styleclass. You can edit it without the html editor to a point but I think for something like that, you will just have to do it the old-fashioned way.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack,

Fantastic contribution mate, well done! Definately a contribution that should be considered for all future releases of osCommerce.

Could you give any hints and tips on what we need to do to convert this from using the tinymce editor so we can use the fckeditor instead.

Thanks

Aran

You just need to change the text area function calls to those used by FCK, once FCK is installed as required, of course.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

Hey Jack, is it possible to get this to work on Products Description in Categories/Products, email etc.?

Those are not stored in the files, which is what TextMaster is for. You can just use the code already in place to edit those. You can enable TinyMCE on those pages (see the TinyMCE Anywhere contribution for instructions) if you want an editor for those items.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

So this contrib is for php file editting and not for information stored in the DB like descriptions etc

Is that correct ?

Thanks

KImmy

That's correct. There is no reason for a contribution that will do that since the ability already exists.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

That's correct. There is no reason for a contribution that will do that since the ability already exists.

Ok I am new to Osc hence I ask these silly questions..

When you say that the ability exists you are talking of TinyMce or FCk..Is that correct ?

Are there other ?

Which would you recommend to a beginner please ?

THanks

Kimmy

Ok I am new to Osc hence I ask these silly questions..

When you say that the ability exists you are talking of TinyMce or FCk..Is that correct ?

Are there other ?

Which would you recommend to a beginner please ?

THanks

Kimmy

If you are wanting an html editor, then I prefer TinyMCE. If you don't need or want an editor, then you can just edit the text directly in the products edit page in admin.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hello Jack

I have encountered one problem.

When using text master to edit the includes/languages/english/index.php file, to edit the line that says

define('TEXT_MAIN', 'This is a and you know the rest

It stops at

This is a default setup of the osCommerce project...</span>\');

and the remainder of the text

</nobr><br><br>The text highlighted and you know the rest

is omitted.

Is there a way of overcoming this?

Hello Jack

I have encountered one problem.

When using text master to edit the includes/languages/english/index.php file, to edit the line that says

define('TEXT_MAIN', 'This is a and you know the rest

It stops at

This is a default setup of the osCommerce project...</span>\');

and the remainder of the text

</nobr><br><br>The text highlighted and you know the rest

is omitted.

Is there a way of overcoming this?

I can't find a way around this. The define('TEXT_MAIN' is not a real define, which is what the contribution uses to find the sections of codes. And the ...</span>\'); is not the real end of the line but the code thinks it is. So both of those are confusing the code. I tried a bunch of filters to get by those but they kept breaking the normal filtering. I'm sure getting the code to work for this kind of text is possible but the amount of time it would take to solve it, at least for me, is more than I have to invest. Plus, I'm not sure how many sites would have such code in their text files. So, as it stands now, the contribution can't handle this type of text.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I can't find a way around this. The define('TEXT_MAIN' is not a real define, which is what the contribution uses to find the sections of codes. And the ...</span>\'); is not the real end of the line but the code thinks it is. So both of those are confusing the code. I tried a bunch of filters to get by those but they kept breaking the normal filtering. I'm sure getting the code to work for this kind of text is possible but the amount of time it would take to solve it, at least for me, is more than I have to invest. Plus, I'm not sure how many sites would have such code in their text files. So, as it stands now, the contribution can't handle this type of text.

Jack

Hello Jack

Thanks for taking the time to look at this.

I must make a mental note to not use Text Master to edit the default define('TEXT_MAIN',

It is still a great contribution.

hello, i have a problem, i saw that a few people had the same problem with me.. First of all i am using the latest version of the constribution, the last version of the html editor, and i set the permissions as the readme says.. After i done with editing, i press save and i get this :

Warning: mkdir(): SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose uid is 10498 is not allowed to access /var/www/vhosts/turbosim.gr/httpdocs/oscommerce/admin/backups_textmaster/includes owned by uid 48 in /var/www/vhosts/turbosim.gr/httpdocs/oscommerce/admin/includes/functions/textmaster.php on line 88

Failed to create the backup directory(s): /var/www/vhosts/turbosim.gr/httpdocs/oscommerce/includes/languages/greek/testpage.php

any ideas? i had this problem with every file i tried to edit!

thanks for your time and keep up the good work!

I am Maintaining :

Product_Short_Description (i added it on specials.php and in shopping_cart.php)

City Shipping Rates With Admin (fixed the error that was giving wrong total shipping charges)

I had Created :

UTF bug fix on standard reviews system (admin & block)

Corrupted character on mysql with utf-8

Safe Mode Restriction is a setting on the server that prevents files from being written to for security reasons. You will need to talk to your host about changing that. If they won't, you could disable the backup option. That might work but may still fail when it tries to save the actual file.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Safe Mode Restriction is a setting on the server that prevents files from being written to for security reasons. You will need to talk to your host about changing that. If they won't, you could disable the backup option. That might work but may still fail when it tries to save the actual file.

Jack

i resolved the problem my friend, and you know what i did? I had to create all the sub-directories.. Not only the backups_textmaster.. When the folder were created by the program they took the chmod 766 and i wasn't enable to change it to 777 because they had as an owner the apache, not me. So i deleted them all the subdirectories of the backups_textmaster and i create them by myself and gave them the chmod 777 and then it worked fine..

PS : great work!

I am Maintaining :

City Shipping Rates With Admin (fixed the error that was giving wrong total shipping charges)

I had Created :

new problem.. when i am trying to edit the index.php (to add a greeting message), i save it and when i go to see it i get this : Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_CONSTANT_ENCAPSED_STRING in /var/www/vhosts/turbosim.gr/httpdocs/oscommerce/includes/languages/greek/index.php on line 33

and it doesn't open..

I am Maintaining :

I had Created :

Hi, nice contrib

I`m getting an error

if the file contains variables its not processed correctly

ie if I have

define('TEXT_SUCCESS', 'Your enquiry has been successfully sent to ' . STORE_NAME);

define('ENTRY_NAME', 'Full Name:');

the STORE_NAME); is not seen as end of line, and it includes the define('ENTRY_NAME', 'Full Name:'); as part of previous define

:)

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

Auto Backup your Database, Easy way

Multi Images with Fancy Pop-ups, Easy way

Products in columns with multi buy etc etc

Disable any Category or Product, Easy way

Secure & Improve your account pages et al.

new problem.. when i am trying to edit the index.php (to add a greeting message), i save it and when i go to see it i get this : Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_CONSTANT_ENCAPSED_STRING in /var/www/vhosts/turbosim.gr/httpdocs/oscommerce/includes/languages/greek/index.php on line 33

and it doesn't open..

Have you tried uncommenting the line of code as mentioned in the instructions?

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi, nice contrib

I`m getting an error

if the file contains variables its not processed correctly

ie if I have

define('TEXT_SUCCESS', 'Your enquiry has been successfully sent to ' . STORE_NAME);

define('ENTRY_NAME', 'Full Name:');

the STORE_NAME); is not seen as end of line, and it includes the define('ENTRY_NAME', 'Full Name:'); as part of previous define

:)

Hmm, I thought I had fixed that problem but I just tested it and see it fails. I will post a fix for it when I can get to it.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi

Sorry, I am a newbie at this. I am reading the first line of the instructions: "Upload all of the files located in the admin directory of this archive to the corresponding location on your server"

Should I be looking for more specific directions? I just dont know where the "corresponding location on your server" should be.

Any suggestions? thanks

Copy everything in the contributions admin directory to the admin directory on your site and so on down the directory structure.

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

Click here for Contributions / Add Ons.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

If this post was useful, click the Like This button over there ======>>>>>.

• 2 weeks later...
It is an easy install i just had a misconfigued config file in my admin.

I dont think you realy need a screenshot it only take 10mins to install.

Hi there, I am having the same problem as you where with the line 88 error message.

I don't seem to be as capable as you to figure out how to fix it, could you tell me what you needed to do please?

Cheers Kev.

Hi there, I am having the same problem as you where with the line 88 error message.

I don't seem to be as capable as you to figure out how to fix it, could you tell me what you needed to do please?

Cheers Kev.

What's a line 88 error message?

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

What's a line 88 error message?

Jack

Hi there,

this is the error i get at the top of the page in the admin/configaration/textmaster

Warning: mkdir(//nas41ent/domains/s/shortnsweet-partybags.com/user/htdocs/admin/backups_textmaster/includes) [function.mkdir]: No such file or directory in \\nas41ent\domains\s\shortnsweet-partybags.com\user\htdocs\admin\includes\functions\textmaster.php on line 88

Failed to create the backup directory(s): //nas41ent/domains/s/shortnsweet-partybags.com/user/htdocs/includes/languages/english/testpage.php

this happens when i hit update after making any changes

Any luck finding the variables bug yet?

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

Auto Backup your Database, Easy way

Multi Images with Fancy Pop-ups, Easy way

Products in columns with multi buy etc etc

Disable any Category or Product, Easy way

Secure & Improve your account pages et al.