• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Display matching categories in search results

spooks

Hi, I'm getting the following error when I type something into the search bar and click the search button:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in /home/canada/public_html/catalog/advanced_search_result.php on line 388

Line 388 is:

<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'application_bottom.php'); ?>

And one question: When inserting SQL stuff with phpmyadmin, was I supposed to include the header CATEGORY_SEARCH_POSITION? Because I didn't. :unsure:

Nevermind! It was my own error! Fixed now!

Edited by erikajune

Hi, I'm getting the following error when I type something into the search bar and click the search button:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in /home/canada/public_html/catalog/advanced_search_result.php on line 388

Line 388 is:

<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'application_bottom.php'); ?>

And one question: When inserting SQL stuff with phpmyadmin, was I supposed to include the header CATEGORY_SEARCH_POSITION? Because I didn't. :unsure:

1. You have intoduced an error during install, go over it again, likely you missed a }

2. no

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

Auto Backup your Database, Easy way

Multi Images with Fancy Pop-ups, Easy way

Products in columns with multi buy etc etc

Disable any Category or Product, Easy way

Secure & Improve your account pages et al.

• 1 month later...

I have over 200 categories and get the following message when doing searches, any help much appreciated

Products meeting the search criteria

Related & Matching Products

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 28 bytes) in /home/******/public_html/includes/modules/category_listing.php on line 51

This is from the advanced_search_result.php file after entering my search term

• 1 month later...

Hi all.

What I basically search, and I dont know if this contribution can do that:

If I perform a search, it would be nice that it shows me the category where the shop finds the product.

So f.e.:

User Searches for XY

XY is in the Categries A,C and D

search result should be:

Categorie A:

XY

Categorie C:

XY

Categorie D:

XY

Is this possible (I think it is not, but just want to be sure) ? Or do you know how I can do that ?

Thanks a lot and merry christmas to all.

• 3 weeks later...
Hi Sam

Would it be possible to add a further mod to this great contribution?

When a search is performed and there are various product matches, would it be possible to have the products displayed in their categories.

Hope this makes sense.

Thanks

Frank

Sorry,

I got this wrong, I meant:

When a search is performed and there are various product matches, would it be possible to have the products displayed by splitting them into manufacture groups along with manufacture description.

Hope this makes sense.

Also just realised posted this in wrong thread it should be in Sam’s other thread Product Listing Enhancements, Thumbnails @ Manufacture Headings

I'll post it there instead.

Thanks

Frank

• 1 month later...

I installed this contribution following Sam's response on this thread, but I'm not sure whether I've understood how to use it correctly, or whether I haven't explained what I was after very well.

I don't want to search categories as such. I want to search by product field, either across all categories or by category. The product database contains text fields describing various plant characteristics and I want to be able to limit searches to specific fields. eg. if I'm wanting flower colour=red then I don't want foliage colour=red in the search results. If I'm wanting to find plants that thrive in chalky soils, I don't want the results containing plants that can't grow in chalk. So I need a filter for linking a search term, eg. red or chalk, to a specific field, eg. flower colour or soil type, and giving results only where the field products_flower_colour contains 'red' and the field products_soil_type contains 'challk'.

Does this contribution do that? Or can it be easily modified to do that? At the moment, if I click the search categories check box, which is the only visible addition to the advanced search page, then I just get the results "There is no category that matches the search criteria."

• 1 month later...

Hey Sam, was wondering if you could take a quick look at my page and perhaps point me in the right direction to correct an error in your contribution. Seems to only happen when I want to display the categories "Above" (which I would like to do). The Categories search results are displayed above the product search results, which is great, but then when it dispalys the products, the same categories are listed in there also with the products.

Check the link below for an example:

http://www.toysonfire.ca/advanced_search_r...ywords=superman

I seems like I need to reset an array or something before the product search result display, but I am not sure which array or how?

Should I use unset() ?

Thanks for your time,

Gray

• 5 months later...

Hi

Nice contrib! Works great!

I just have one single request.

Would it be possible to display the top category (1. category) with smaller text, over the matching result?

Eg. if I have categories like this

Flowers->Large->Red

And customers search on "Red"

it will display this:

(Flowers)

Red

Then the customers always can see what 1. category the matching category belongs to..

I have in our shop several Categories with the same name, but with different 1. categories and different type of products in.

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...

Sam,

I would like to mod the search in that way, that the database-field "categories_htc_title_tag" is included in the search as well, not only the "categories_name".

Can you please tell me, where to make this modification ?

Thank you very much for this great contribution and your support,

Regards

Andreas

• 11 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...

My Add-ons
Advanced Cache Control Tool for osCommerce 2.3.x (non-bootstrap) Download Support
Ajax Product Listing for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrap) Download Support
Category New Products Carousel for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrap) Download Support
Category Popular Products Carousel for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrap) Download Support
Customer Testimonials for osCommerce 2.3.4 (bootstrap and non-bootstrap) Download Support
Front Page New Products Carousel for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrap) Download Support

Index Nested - Product Listing for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrapDownload Support
Match Categories in Search Results for osCommerce versions 2.3.x (non-bootstrap) Download Support
Modular Category Page for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrap)
Download Support

NEW Australia Post Shipping Modules for osCommerce 2.3.x (non-bootstrap) Download Support
NEW Equal Height Module for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrapDownload Support
Products Low Stock Report for osC 2.3.x (bootstrap and non-bootstrap) Download Support
Twitter Typeahead Autocomplete Search for osCommerce 2.3.4 (bootstrap and non-bootstrap)
Download Support

Upcoming Products Modules for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrap) Download Support

Assisted Add-ons
Scroll Boxes for osCommerce 2.3.x (bootstrap and non-bootstrap) Download Support

Bootstrap Add-ons created by other members
osCommerce Bootstrap Addons and Code