• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

STS V4.5.8 & HTC

ssnb

Hello Bill (and everyone)

First off, I am brand new to OSC (though not to coding) and I would like to say what a fabulous contribution STS is. I hope I can make a positive contribution.

I have recently installed a new package:

OSC: V2.2RC2A

STS V4.5.8

EP_v2_76g_MS2

otf autothumb v2.4fix3

qtpro4.5 (for osC2.2 rc2a)

www.boomclothing.com

Everything is (mostly) working fine and dandy after many hours of focus :-)

I am now ready to go to the next stage and install some additional contributions as follows - my QUESTION is which versions would you recommend (there seems to be so many mentioned in the various power packs - easy to get confused!!)

1) HTC - which package should I use (The latest one I see is STSv4.5.2 and HTCv2.6.3 Bundle but this means going backwards on the STS version!) If I install HTC v2.6.3 are there any special instructions in relation to having STS already installed? If so where can I find these?) I need HTC to work with Google analytics?

2) Additional pics module: which contribution is recommended please? I see Ultra Pics mentioned, does this integrate well with STS? I want to use the lightbox contribution mentioned in STS PowerPack v4 so your recommendation is appreciated

Thanks in advance

Solio

Hello Bill (and everyone)

First off, I am brand new to OSC (though not to coding) and I would like to say what a fabulous contribution STS is. I hope I can make a positive contribution.

I have recently installed a new package:

OSC: V2.2RC2A

STS V4.5.8

EP_v2_76g_MS2

otf autothumb v2.4fix3

qtpro4.5 (for osC2.2 rc2a)

www.boomclothing.com

Everything is (mostly) working fine and dandy after many hours of focus :-)

I am now ready to go to the next stage and install some additional contributions as follows - my QUESTION is which versions would you recommend (there seems to be so many mentioned in the various power packs - easy to get confused!!)

1) HTC - which package should I use (The latest one I see is STSv4.5.2 and HTCv2.6.3 Bundle but this means going backwards on the STS version!) If I install HTC v2.6.3 are there any special instructions in relation to having STS already installed? If so where can I find these?) I need HTC to work with Google analytics?

2) Additional pics module: which contribution is recommended please? I see Ultra Pics mentioned, does this integrate well with STS? I want to use the lightbox contribution mentioned in STS PowerPack v4 so your recommendation is appreciated

Thanks in advance

Solio

Solio,

I had a long post for you but I lost connection and therefor lost my reply.

Here is a short version of what I had before:

HTCv2.6.3 is the last version of HTC by Jack. This version is very stable and works great with STS (any version). If you want to install this version, just follow the step by step that I created (link in my signature below).

:thumbsup: Jack has a new HTC SEO v3.0 contribution that picks up where HTC left off. I am unaware of any issues with STS. Jack had some dialog with me and added a special STS step to the installation instructions.

UltraPics also works great with STS. The issues arise if you decide to use the product info content template feature in STS. It is really not an issue but more of an extra step. If you want to use content templates as well as UltraPics, you will need to modify the sts_inc/product_info.php file. The modifications that are made to the stock product_info.php file need to be duplicated in the sts_inc/product_info.php file.

:thumbsup: Keep in mind that someone packaged the UltraPics and Lightbox contribution together. Do a search (it may be on the STS Power Pack site but I can't recall).

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: STS Support Thread: http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...660&st=3920

Hope this was helpful,

Edited by bkellum

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

Solio,

Hey Bill

Thanks so much for your helpful hints... I'll spend some time researching what you've said.... and how could a person of your experience suffer the above fate? It's a cruel and ironic world sometimes! :blush:

Cheers

SSNB

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I am trying to do the same thing, I need to integrate STS with UlraPics and I am using the content template for product_info. Any pointers would be GREATLY appreciated, or code samples are even better!

Thanks,

Mike

Installed Modules:

Dynamenu, InfoBox Admin, Master Products v.1.2, Header Tags Controller, Multiple Products Manager, Quick Edit in Admin, Secure Admin, Ultimate SEO URL's, EZ Secure Order, Easy Populate v.2.76d MS2, AuthorizeNet_AIM, ChangeFinal Breadcrumb Title, FedEx Labels, Fedex Direct 2.06, How Did you Hear 1.5, Login a la Amazon, UPS XML 1.2.4, USPS Labels, USPS Methods API MS2

• 8 months later...
Solio,

Here is a short version of what I had before:

HTCv2.6.3 is the last version of HTC by Jack. This version is very stable and works great with STS (any version). If you want to install this version, just follow the step by step that I created (link in my signature below).

:thumbsup: Jack has a new HTC SEO v3.0 contribution that picks up where HTC left off. I am unaware of any issues with STS. Jack had some dialog with me and added a special STS step to the installation instructions.

UltraPics also works great with STS. The issues arise if you decide to use the product info content template feature in STS. It is really not an issue but more of an extra step. If you want to use content templates as well as UltraPics, you will need to modify the sts_inc/product_info.php file. The modifications that are made to the stock product_info.php file need to be duplicated in the sts_inc/product_info.php file.

:thumbsup: Keep in mind that someone packaged the UltraPics and Lightbox contribution together. Do a search (it may be on the STS Power Pack site but I can't recall).

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: STS Support Thread: http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...660&st=3920

Hope this was helpful,

Hallo,

I can't install UltraPics in prduct_info template.

Can you send me the solution?

With featured products works great like this:

// ### BOF FAMILY PRODUCTS - Highlights

$sts->start_capture();

include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_FAMILY_PRODUCTS);

$sts->stop_capture ('familyproducts'); // Get the result to the main array

$template_pinfo['familyproducts']= $sts->template['familyproducts']; // Put it in the product info

// EOF FAMILY PRODUCTS - Highlights

.... but not with UltraPics???

Thanks a lot!

Regards

luckyduke