• Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

P& G Shipping Module + Manual Entry V0.3 posted

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,831

P& G Shipping Module + Manual Entry V0.3 posted in contributions

Modifications made to v0.3

-> fix to javascript Help call

-> fix to templates spg_print_invoice. (was showing id instead of name for payment method, shipping method.

-> fix to template packing list (was shwoing amounts for attributes)

-> Rewrote install.txt to make installation in 10 easy steps.

(reinstalled on a fresh snapshot to reverify all variables and tables defined)

New module

P&G Shipping Module + Manual Entry V0.3 was posted under contribution/features

we describe again functionalities of the module

Functionalities:

----------------

This module does NOT modify in any way the original order data. All new info entered during the processing of an order

is saved in new tables.

This allow to keep a perfect audit trail.

This module allows the following

-> Admin side

-------------

A. Manage processing of orders placed directly through oscommerce

B. Allows to enter Phone order or orders coming from other sources( fax, mail ,auctions....) through ADMIN login

This modified login allows an administrator to create an account and enter manual order for the account of a client.

(no emails ar sent during the manual entry.)

When all infos are entered, the admin can send an email to the client with all data info and login info to access his account.

C. Allows administrator to login with an ADMIN login under any client email (convenient for some of orders: Paypal is a good example

where client would not press the return to catalog button on paypal site. the result is that the client paid Paypal but items stay in shopping

cart instead of being proceesed as a confirmed order)

D. Payment Info : Administrator can enter payment ref, payment date, check number.....

E. Auction Info : if you place as well auctions on ebay or other, allows you to create an order in catalog and enter as well auction number auction end date....

gives possiblity to send order status to person who won the auction: advantage is that you make the winner aware of your catalog

You ask him to login in the catalog part to see his auction status and tracking number. Thus he may come back directly to your site the next time.

Automated direct link to auction page on major auction sites. you can add any auction site where you place auction through an admin page.

F. Tracking number Info: Entry of shipping date, tracking number, direct link to shipper site to track package.

G. Entry of qty shipped vs qty ordered. This allows to keep track of all back ordered items through a report and classify the order

as "Partial Shipment" status. you can review the items and qunatities you still neded to ship.

H. Allows to send an email when package is sent with all infos above: in particular shipping date, carrier and direct link to track order on shipper site.

email date and time recorded and shown.

I. New templates of invoice and packing list with above information.

Company address, "Thank you Note" at bottom of printed invoice or email sent can be modified through admin. extra comment field for auctions can be managed through admin

for specific feedback or comments.

J. All the validations tables records can be modified through admin interface screens.

K. 2 new comments fields were added : one for shipping, one for billing. both can be seen by client through the catalog side.

A third comment field for shipping dept was added for private comments . not shown to client.

NOTE: we created new validation tables for payment methods, shipping carriers specific to the shipping modules.... the tables are NOT linked to the actual shipping and payment modules.

The reason for that is the flexibility. Even though you would not accept for online orders a particular payment method (like western union Bidpay for example)

you can use it for manual entry of orders.

-> Catalog side

---------------

A. Client can login to his account and see online all infos entered in the admin

(Payment Info, Shipping Date, Tracking Number, auction info if auction.....)

B. Client can print the invoice template under order details.

Just a little warning to anyone considering installing this beast.

The install instructions are confusing as heck (and I've been using OSC for a long time). This mod is nowhere near ready for anything but a test site. It's VERY rough around the edges. IMO it tries to be too many things at once.

I'll wait for OSC to incorporate these features into the core.

We do not understand really your comments.

The install file is standard info for anyone who has to install a module

we divided it in 4 easy steps

1. add new define filenames or table to application_top.php

2. add new path to configure.php

3. add new tables: a sql script is provided to be runned.

4. change 2 other files

that' s it. nothing very confusing about that.!

4. We give a detailed way of testing the module (contrary to other modules which do not give any details and let you find out by yourself what is happemening) , we took the time to give a process to test the module and make sure the merchant enters the contact infos for his store before sending emails to his customers.

as well we took the time to add help files for each screen explaning the fields and the process. we do not see that in the core application .....

5. As well since the manual entry allows an admin to enter in the accont of a client , we give warnings not to change anything and we tell them what they can do in order to process an order for a new client .

The install file may be long to read but we explain what are the points to

follow.

Concerning the validity of the module, we use it in production on our stores since once month and we process all our order with this module

without problem.

you should not give this type of comment unless you are really sure of what you are saying.

And as far as we are concerned , of course we would be happier to have the core programmers working on a shipping and manual entry module from the start which is the key of order processing on an ecommerce site.

there is no point addding zillions of functuionalities on the catalog side if you can not process correctly and control the shipping process.

customer service and order processing is the key to ecommerce not having 200 payment methods or 500 ways to present metatags on a page.

you should not give this type of comment unless you are really sure of what you are saying.

I AM sure of what I am saying. I installed it (and after testing promptly uninstalled it). It's very rough around the edges. No offence intended. It has potential and you've obviously put a lot of work into it. Merely my opinion at this point.

The v0.3 contribution has been moved to its package set, which can be found here:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,585

To the authors, please avoid having multiple contributions in the one file (by the title I presume there is a shipping module involved too).

:heart:, osCommerce

hello

we do not think you should rename the contribution just manual entry in your system

the main contribution is the shipping module . manual entry is part of the shipping module not the reverse

Since payments methods like paypal allows client to leave without moving the items from the basket to a confirmed order we HAD to create this manual entry in order to login under the client name and finaslise the process of the order since the core admin module does not allow it.

and merchants are left with items in the shopping cart with no way to complete the order properly rather than going to the tables and waisting an hour trying to figure out the order and then completing it in the system.

Each module can NOT go separately since we use tables of the shipping module to finalise the order and process it.

But the main module is really the order processing and keeping track of all info concerning the order processing.

We would prefer to see the contribution named as we did ie

Shipping Module and not manual entry which is not the main purpose of the contribution.

thank you

we do not think you should rename the contribution just manual entry in your system

the main contribution is the shipping module .  manual entry is part of the shipping module not the reverse

Ok, I will fix it.

There was no need to make a duplicate contribution.

Please email me if there are further problems with the package.

:heart:, osCommerce

OK got it installed using 03 version, but had to change a bit of code to get the Manual Entry to work, which was line 74 of catalog/create_account_admin.php from:

require(DIR_WS_SHIPPING . 'key_generate.php'); to

require(DIR_WS_SPG_SHIPPING . 'key_generate.php');

As i don't use Fedex and UPS for shipping and tracking, is there any way i can turn that off in the admin so that it reverts back to normal in the customers view, as they will be pressing the button that now shows on the Order History page, with no info showing as they expected to see.

As for the Manual Entry, that is a god send, as we have a lot of phone orders.

Also we get a lot of orders that need items changed, ie: Customer orders several items, then change there mind on certain items wanting a bigger or smaller pack etc.

Anyway as i said, for me the Manual Entry made it worth installing. A manual entry system really needs to be in the core of osCommerce, after all most online shops have a high street presence, but having said that i don't, but i still need Manual Entry.

Cheers Richard

Hello

I will release an update by the end of this week for this request.

what I will do is a configuration screen to let store managers choose which info they want to show on the catalog side: ie shipping info, tracking, auction info , payment info, comments.

If they want to show one block, they will just set it as active (green) in the usual OSC look

I think it will be the easiest and most flexible way for each store manager to decide what they want to show.

2. will modify as well this "define filename" in the file.

3. at that point the order processing module allows to change qty shipped and qty backordered.

we did not go to the level where the store manager can change the all order.

It implies a lot more in order to keep a trail of what happened. and if payment was made online you need after to keep track of change in shipping cost and new amount to be charged.

thus it is a complex exercise and modification needs to be thought out to avoid a nightmare where you would not know anymore what was ordered

and what was modified. not planned soon from us.

thank you for your feedback

Changes in V0.4

---------------

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,832

(due to new format of contribution, make sure to download zip file v0.4)

1. We added a new maintenance screen called "Template Admin"

This new validation screen allows to select the blocks which will appear on templates (invoice & packing list)

and on the account_history_info.php

by activating (green light) or disactivating (red) each block , you will very simply select the blocks appearing on tempaltes and customer side.

(by block we mean : shipping info, payment info, auction info, tracking info.

this maintenance screen allows you to completely customise how the client see the info)

IMPORTANT : this screen DOES NOT allow to select which blocks will appear in the admin side in the shipping module (even though we could do the same type

of validation)

2. fixed some little bugs in

admin/spg_print_invoice.php

admin/spg_print_packing.php

admin/spg_shipping.php

catalog/spg_print_invoice.php

3. wrote install.txt for users upgrading from v0.3 or below.

incremental sql file is also included

Let us know any feedback

This new version seems to be missing the following "_ADD" file:

catalog/includes/languages/english.php

As others have also indicated, I mainly need the manual entry funcationality here.

Also, the installation is very difficult to understand. Not really a logic problem, but more of a language problem. It may help if you have the installation re-written, so the the functionality is more easily understandable.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: As of Oct 2006, I'm not as active in this forum as I used to be, but I still work with osC quite a bit.

If you have a question about any of my posts here, your best bet is to contact me though either Email or PM in my profile, and I'll be happy to help.

OK, um...., the zip is missing the following file referred to by the installation instructions.

catalog/includes/languages/english.php_ADD

Not sure I can be any clearer than that.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: As of Oct 2006, I'm not as active in this forum as I used to be, but I still work with osC quite a bit.

If you have a question about any of my posts here, your best bet is to contact me though either Email or PM in my profile, and I'll be happy to help.

We will do a new zip tomorrow friday with this file.

We will include a few modifications we made this week. nothing major, just formatting and small modifications in templates fonts.

Can you send me the missing "_ADD" file.

I'd like to complete my installation.

Hi there,

I installed the new version 0.4 for the first time, no upgrade, on an OSC snapshot from the beginning of December.

When i try to create a manual entry by clicking "create order" from the admin menu I get a "Secure key is not valid - You can not use this screen." message on the catalog side.

What have I done wrong? Any comments welcome.

Greetings and thx

Axel :?

We will do a new zip tomorrow friday with this file.

We will include a few modifications we made this week. nothing major, just formatting and small modifications in templates fonts.

Sunday afternoon, still awaiting this anxiously... ;)

:D Bailey

OK, apparently I am the world's biggest idiot... :roll: I have read the osC documentation as well as this mod's complete instructions several times.

However, I cannot figure out step 1.

Step 1. Backup files & database

add relevant info to

admin/includes/application_top.php

admin/includes/configure.php

admin/includes/column_left.php

admin/includes/languages/english.php

admin/includes/functions/htlm_output.php

catalog/includes/application_top.php

catalog/includes/configure.php

catalog/includes/languages/english.php

May I ask, exactly what "relevant info" am I adding? I am guessing I should skip this step because I am not configuring my cart until after it's all set up? I don't want to add this mod and have it screw up my settings... ;) much easier to just re-install a clean cart.

Secondly, this file: admin/includes/functions/htlm_output.php... is this an intentional mis-spelling of the file and are the rest of the file paths that call this page similarly mis-spelled? Or will I actually fix a problem by correcting the spelling to "html_output.php" which is the actual name of the original file.

My next problem lies with Step 2. (Considering we have ten steps total, this is going to be a darn long process)

Step 2. Run following sql script to create new shipping tables.

-> spg_shipping.sql (scripts creates new tables for module)

... <snip>

OK, I assume that I must upload this file first before I can run it. So that step was missed. Where exactly do I upload it? And once it's there, how do I "run" it? I am guessing this is a command-line ditty which is fine, but please tell me, what do I type, exactly?

phpMyAdmin I have, and am familiar with. No problem there.

Step 3. When unzipping the contribution, respect the subdirectories

Step 4. Copy the new files in the relevant subdirectories of both catalog & admin

Shouldn't this have been step 2? Cannot upload and run a file in Step 2 that has not even been unzipped yet in Step 3, or Uploaded in Step 4... :roll:

Step 5

Open each of the following files, you will find in the respective directories the name of the file ending with _ADD

Add the respective lines to each of the files. (just file or tables definitions as usual and very straight forward.

(We added as well here the lines to be added to each file as some persons seemed to overlook the files.

A. -> admin/includes/application_top.php

add the following lines

// define new files for P&G shipping modules

define('FILENAME_SHIPPING_PROCESS', 'spg_shipping.php');

define('FILENAME_AUTHORISE_ADMIN', 'spg_authorise_admin.php');

define('FILENAME_CARRIER_ADMIN', 'spg_carrier_admin.php');

define('FILENAME_PAYMENT_ADMIN', 'spg_payment_admin.php');

define('FILENAME_ORDER_TYPE_ADMIN', 'spg_order_type_admin.php');

define('FILENAME_AUCTION_ADMIN', 'spg_auction_admin.php');

define('FILENAME_CONTACTS_INFOS', 'spg_contacts_infos.php');

define('FILENAME_CONTACTS_EMAILS', 'spg_contacts_emails.php');

define('FILENAME_MANUAL_ENTRY', 'spg_manual_info.php');

define('FILENAME_LOGIN_ADMIN', 'login_admin.php');

define('FILENAME_LOGIN_CREATE', 'login_create.php');

define('FILENAME_SPG_SHIPPING', 'spg_shipping.php');

define('FILENAME_SPG_PRINT_INVOICE', 'spg_print_invoice.php');

define('FILENAME_SPG_PRINT_PACKING', 'spg_print_packing.php');

define('FILENAME_CREATE_ACCOUNT_ADMIN', 'create_account_admin.php');

define('FILENAME_CREATE_ACCOUNT_ADMIN_PROCESS', 'create_account_admin_process.php');

define('FILENAME_POPUP_HELP', 'popup_help.php');

define('FILENAME_POPUP_HELP_ADMIN', 'popup_help_admin.php');

define('FILENAME_PRODUCTS_NEW_ATTRIBUTES', 'products_new_attributes.php');

define('FILENAME_PRODUCTS_NEW_ATTRIBUTES_UPDATE', 'products_new_attributes_update.php');

define('FILENAME_SPG_ORDER_STATUS_ADMIN', 'spg_order_status_admin.php');

define('FILENAME_SHIPPING_BACKORDERS', 'spg_report_backorders.php');

define('FILENAME_SPG_ORDER_UPDATE_TYPE', 'spg_order_update_type.php');

define('FILENAME_SPG_TEMPLATE_STATUS_ADMIN', 'spg_template_status_admin.php');

// define new tables for P&G shipping modules

define('TABLE_ORDERS_SHIPPING', 'spg_orders_shipping');

define('TABLE_SPG_CARRIERS', 'spg_carriers');

define('TABLE_SPG_ORDERS_SHIPPING', 'spg_orders_shipping');

define('TABLE_SPG_PRODUCTS_SHIPPING', 'spg_products_shipping');

define('TABLE_SPG_AUTHORISE', 'spg_authorise');

define('TABLE_SPG_PAYMENT', 'spg_payment_type');

define('TABLE_SPG_ORDER_TYPE', 'spg_order_type');

define('TABLE_SPG_AUCTION_TYPE', 'spg_auction_type');

define('TABLE_SPG_CONTACTS_INFOS', 'spg_contacts_info');

define('TABLE_SPG_CONTACTS_EMAILS', 'spg_contacts_email');

define('TABLE_SPG_MANUAL_INFO', 'spg_man_info');

define('TABLE_CREATE_ACCOUNT_EMAIL', 'create_account_email');

define('TABLE_SPG_ORDER_STATUS', 'spg_order_status');

define('TABLE_POPUP_HELP', 'popup_help');

define('TABLE_SPG_TEMPLATE_STATUS', 'spg_template_status');

B. -> admin/includes/configure.php

Add following lines

define('DIR_WS_SPG_SHIPPING', DIR_WS_MODULES . 'spg_shipping/');

C. -> admin/includes/column_left.php

Add following lines

require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'shipping.php');

D. -> admin/includes/languages/english.php

Add following lines

// shipping box text in includes/boxes/shipping.php

define('BOX_HEADING_SHIPPING', 'Shipping');

define('BOX_CUSTOMERS_ORDERS_TO_PROCESS', 'Orders to Process');

define('BOX_SHIPPING_PROCESS', 'Shipping Processing');

define('BOX_SHIPPING_AUTHORISE', 'Supervisor Admin');

define('BOX_SHIPPING_CARRIER', 'Shipper Admin');

define('BOX_SHIPPING_PAYMENT', 'Payment Admin');

define('BOX_SHIPPING_ORDER_TYPE', 'Sale Type Admin');

define('BOX_SHIPPING_AUCTION', 'Sale Origin Admin');

define('BOX_SHIPPING_CONTACTS', 'Invoice Admin');

define('BOX_SHIPPING_EMAILS', 'Email Admin');

define('BOX_SHIPPING_MANUAL', 'Manual Entry');

define('BOX_HEADING_POPUP_HELP', 'Popup admin');

define('BOX_POPUP_HELP_ADMIN', 'Popup admin');

define('BOX_TEXT_REPORTS', '_ [Reports] _');

define('BOX_TEXT_ADMIN', '_ [Validation] _');

define('BOX_TEXT_PROCESS', '_ [Process] _');

define('BOX_SHIPPING_BACKORDERS', 'Backorders');

define('BOX_SPG_ORDER_STATUS', 'Order Status Admin');

define('BOX_SPG_ORDER_UPDATE_TYPE', 'Update Types');

define('BOX_SPG_TEMPLATE_STATUS', 'Templates Admin');

E. -> admin/includes/functions/htlm_output.php

Add at bottom of file

////

// Output a manual entry

function tep_draw_loginform($name, $action, $parameters = '', $method = 'post', $params = '') {

$loginform = '<form name="' . $name . '" action="';

if ($parameters) {

$loginform .= tep_catalog_href_link($action, $parameters);

} else {

$loginform .= tep_catalog_href_link($action);

}

$loginform .= '" method="' . $method . '"';

if ($params) {

$loginform .= ' ' . $params;

}

$loginform .= '>';

return $loginform;

}

F. -> catalog/includes/application_top.php

// define the file names used in the P&G shipping module

define('FILENAME_CREATE_ACCOUNT_ADMIN', 'create_account_admin.php');

define('FILENAME_CREATE_ACCOUNT_ADMIN_PROCESS', 'create_account_admin_process.php');

define('FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PROCESS_ADMIN', 'checkout_process_admin.php');

define('FILENAME_SPG_PRINT_INVOICE', 'spg_print_invoice.php');

define('FILENAME_SPG_PRINT_PACKING', 'spg_print_packing.php');

define('FILENAME_LOGIN_ADMIN', 'login_admin.php');

// define the database table names used in the P&G shipping module

define('TABLE_SPG_MANUAL_INFO', 'spg_man_info');

define('TABLE_SPG_CONTACTS_INFOS', 'spg_contacts_info');

define('TABLE_SPG_CARRIERS', 'spg_carriers');

define('TABLE_SPG_PAYMENT', 'spg_payment_type');

define('TABLE_SPG_ORDER_TYPE', 'spg_order_type');

define('TABLE_SPG_AUCTION_TYPE', 'spg_auction_type');

define('TABLE_SPG_ORDERS_SHIPPING', 'spg_orders_shipping');

define('TABLE_SPG_TEMPLATE_STATUS', 'spg_template_status');

G. -> catalog/includes/configure.php

define('DIR_WS_SPG_SHIPPING', DIR_WS_MODULES . 'spg_shipping/');

H. -> catalog/checkout_confirmation.php

Add

//manual entry

<br>

<?php

$login_query = tep_db_query("select p.spg_man_key, p.spg_man_key3, p.status from " . TABLE_SPG_MANUAL_INFO . " p where p.spg_man_key3 = '" . $osCAdminsID . "' and p.status != '0' and p.spg_man_key = '" . $spg_man_key . "' ");

if (!tep_db_num_rows($login_query)) { // product not found in database

} else {

echo 'validkey OK : ' ;

if (isset($payment->form_action_url)) {

$form_action_url = $payment->form_action_url;

} else {

$form_action_url = tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PROCESS_ADMIN, '', 'SSL');

}

echo tep_draw_form('checkout_confirmation', $form_action_url, 'post');

if (is_array($payment_modules->modules)) {

echo $payment_modules->process_button();

}

echo tep_image_submit('button_admin_submit.gif', '') . '</form>' . "n";

}

?>

//manual entry

at the end of the file just before:

</body>

</html>

<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'application_bottom.php'); ?>

I. -> admin/includes/stylesheet.css

add lines

/* Shipping module */

.maina { font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 11px; }

.mainr { font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 11px; color: #ff0000; }

.dataTableHeadingRowa { background-color: #C9C9C9; }

.dataTableHeadingContenta { font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 10px; color: #737373; font-weight: bold; }

.dataTableRowa { background-color: #F0F1F1; }

.dataTableRowSelecteda { background-color: #DEE4E8; }

.dataTableRowOvera { background-color: #FFFFFF; }

.dataTableContenta { font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 10px; color: #000000; }

.InvoiceTitle { font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 16px; color: #000000; font-weight: bold; }

OK. I need to beg the obvious here. Why am I modifying... *counts* nine files with significant code changes after I have uploaded them to the server (per Step 4)? Should this not be done before upload? It's easier to mod a file locally before uploading it, otherwise we're uploading the same file twice...?

Secondly, do I leave the _ADD appendage at the end? I see no direction telling me to delete it, yet I am 98% certain a server will not recognize .php_ADD as a valid filetype. Again, this might be idiot level, but it is an important thing to mention to make this package work.

I can see a lot of work went into this, but the instructions are poor. I have been sitting here several days scratching my head trying to figure them out and have blown 6 clean installs without getting past step 4.

I desperately need this module for my own clicks-and-mortar operation. Could someone please help fill in the missing parts on the instructions? I am sure there are many others out there like me who would appreciate it too. Thank you, thank you, thank you.......... :oops:

We do not understand really your comments.

The install file is standard info for anyone who has to install a module

we divided it in 4 easy steps

1. add new define filenames or table to application_top.php

2. add new path to configure.php

3. add new tables: a sql script is provided to be runned.

4. change 2 other files

that' s it. nothing very confusing about that.!

<snip>

The instructions I have printed up are twelve pages long, the steps are in the wrong order (telling me to upload files before I have even unzipped them! Impossible, I believe!), and one step tells me to modify nine pages, not two.

It would seem the script authors are unfamiliar with their own installation instructions. This module is nearly impossible to install for anyone who actually requires instructions to install something. (I work with some people who can inherently figure stuff like this out without reading how-to's... I am not one of them)

It is impossible to write or improve a decent product if you won't even listen to the target audience it's intended to serve. Don't tell me that after a week's worth of work, I don't know what I'm talking about. If you've got all the answers, please explain to me what I've been wrestling with for a week?

:( Bailey

Update... significant progress made. I finally interpreted the cryptic instructions a different way and I think we're getting somewhere. For those who are trying to install this, here's the key: not all Steps are actually steps. :) This is how it should be organized:

Step 1. Unzip the files (as per P&G's Step 3.)

Step 2. You will need to modify several files on your OSC installation on the server. Any file in the P&G download that ends in _ADD, will need the content in the local _ADD file cut & pasted into its counterpart on the server.

What exactly you need to add, is detailed in P&G's Step 5. Or, you may copy the contents from the file snippet included (directory structure was maintained, so use the included structure to find all appropriate files on the server and add to them) and paste it into the server copy. Do not simply upload the _ADD files... the _ADD files only contain the text you need to cut & paste in to the script.

Step 3. Upload the new files into the relevant subdirectories of both catalog and admin.

Step 4. This is where I am stuck! We are supposed to run the spg_shipping.sql file that will create new tables for the module. Unfortunately, this script doesn't work on my RH7.2/PHP 4.2.3 box, is anyone else running into this error? Or are there any MySQL experts who'd like to take a whack at it?

root@darkwing [~]# /var/lib/mysql/cbear_osc2/spg_shipping.sql

: command not foundr_osc2/spg_shipping.sql:

/var/lib/mysql/cbear_osc2/spg_shipping.sql: DROP: command not found

/var/lib/mysql/cbear_osc2/spg_shipping.sql: line 16: syntax error near unexpecte' token `(

'var/lib/mysql/cbear_osc2/spg_shipping.sql: line 16: `CREATE TABLE popup_help (

I tried to add the tables manually in phpMyAdmin (what a PITA that is, eek!) but keep getting syntax errors and some error about KEY values. Unfortunately the KEY values have no place to be entered in phpMyAdmin... ??? So now what?

:shock: <== I feel about as bug-eyed as that guy looks.

Thank you so much for your suggestions -- really, really appreciated!!!

I tried to add the tables manually in phpMyAdmin (what a PITA that is, eek!) but keep getting syntax errors and some error about KEY values. Unfortunately the KEY values have no place to be entered in phpMyAdmin... ??? So now what?

Ok In phpMyAdmin, go to the relevent database and where it says under all the tables:

"Run SQL query/queries on database "

Paste the contents of the spg_shipping sql file (or you can use the

"Or Location of the textfile "

browse box)

in either case, run the query and it _should_ add the relevent tables.

To be honest though i think you should wait until this module has a little more work done on it then add it at a later date. Also make a copy of your site for testing then you can experiment once the shop is live.

HTH

Dave

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the info. Actually I tracked down a scripter friend of mine and he filled in the missing pieces...

mysql /path/to/database/DBNAME < spg_shipping.sql

I knew I was close, I needed something in the way of commands but wasn't quite making the connection. At any rate everything imported fine.

I had an inquiry in to the developers overnight and they e-mailed this morning with help :) same instructions as yours. When I offered a rewrite on their instructions, they said they really don't think they can include all 5000 pages of the MySQL documentation, and they don't think they should rewrite all 1200 pages of the phpMyAdmin documentation which is already done SO well... :roll: I didn't know that 3 words/commands (above) constituted a total of 6200 pages. :shock:

I'm all installed, am now in the testing phase. We'll see how it goes. They've put a lot of work into this and I want to give it a fair try. I'm not putting my own data at risk until I can see that it works though. :)

I take it you had some issues? :(

Thanks again for the help. I was so sleep-deprived, just needed that last little push.

Hello,

I making an upgrade from previous version.

In the documentation is missing the

definition table popup help table

So, in bouth application_top.php files must be inserted:

define('TABLE_POPUP_HELP', 'popup_help');

Thanks,

V 0.5 Update for Order Processing + Manual Entry module

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,585

changes to V0.5

+ fixed some small bugs and spelling errors.

+ wrote new install procedure

+ Updated formatting details in catalog/spg_print_invoice.php

+ modified admin/spg_shipping.php to fill out automatically, for all orders placed online, the dates and payment type.

+ Added in admin ability to send an additional email with specific instructions (we use it fro growing tips and

we send it after sending the email including the shipping info but the document text can be modified through

admin interface , thus you can include whatever you want: download info, warranty......)

+ added possibility to select for each item a supplier via admin interface. Added supplier admin screen.

+ Added new report to show items to be ordered from supplier (this way it is easier to do purchase order)

+ added items sold report: (this report allows to browse the products sold by item name and with a link goes diretly to the order)

+ added functionality to add a cost and weight at the attribute level (to be fully functional, you would need to need the shopping_cart class, contact

us for details. mainly useful if your attributes do not have same size or weight. in our case we sell a plant in different size: 1gal, 2 gal.... and thus cost and weight varies at

product attribute level and not at item level, allows to calculate accurately shipping cost for order)