• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Couldn't find constant UPSXML_--none--

devoknows

Hello,

I'm configuring an osCommerce install for a client, and he uses ups to ship -- only ups, and almost always ground, so he wanted me to disable all the other shipping methods. Should be no problem, as I have installed upsxml v 1.3.5 for him. However, whenever I select any of the shipping options (to remove them from consideration) and apply, osC pumps out the following error:

Warning: constant() [function.constant]: Couldn't find constant UPSXML_--none-- in /home/beerwine/public_html/store/includes/modules/shipping/upsxml.php on line 2171

So instead of using this method, I've disabled the undesired shipping methods by commenting them out in the store/languages/english/modules/shipping/upsxml.php file. So instead of the one error when I submit, I get a cascade of errors when I edit. Not the most elegant solution, but it'll do for now. However, if anyone has any advice as to why this is happening and what I can do to actually fix it instead of hacking around it, please let me know.

For reference, the install itself was seamless.

Thanks in advance,

Devo

Warning: constant() [function.constant]: Couldn't find constant UPSXML_--none-- in /home/beerwine/public_html/store/includes/modules/shipping/upsxml.php on line 2171

Very, very strange because this is exactly coded not to happen in the function at the bottom outside of the class upsxml.php line 1010 about:

function get_multioption_upsxml($values) {
	 if (tep_not_null($values)) {
		 $values_array = explode(',', $values);
		 foreach ($values_array as $key => $_method) {
		   if ($_method == '--none--') {
			 $method = $_method;
		   } else {
			 $method = constant('UPSXML_' . trim($_method));
		   }
		   $readable_values_array[] = $method;
		 }
		 $readable_values = implode(', ', $readable_values_array);
		 return $readable_values;
	 } else {
	   return '';
	 }
 }

There are only 1039 lines in that file so I don't see how you can get an error on line 2171 by the way.

This contribution has its own support thread in the General Contribution Support forum.

• 4 years later...

SOLUTION. I just did an install of this module and ran into the same issue. The problem is that the code is expecting a definition for --none-- and there isnt any.

If you add this definition to the language file you will no longer get these warnings.

Goto: /includes/languages/english/modules/shipping/upsxml.php

Add: define('UPSXML_--none--', 'None');

Whalah...

Edited by befreestudios

• 3 years later...