• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Catalog as homepage

visionz

I have my site set up with the catalog as my homepage, which is fine, but I also want the url to reflect it the same way...right now to go to homepage, I must type mysite.com/catalog

I'd like it to be just mysite.com

I know you folks are very busy on your own, and then to take time to help all who come by seeking help is well, pretty darn cool! Thank you!

I psyched to get to try it all out...but I'm afraid this may be gummin' up the works... :'(

oscommerce-2.2rc2a, PhpMyAdmin - 2.11.4, STSv4.5.8_1, HeaderTags_SEO_V_3.0.1

I have my site set up with the catalog as my homepage, which is fine, but I also want the url to reflect it the same way...right now to go to homepage, I must type mysite.com/catalog

I'd like it to be just mysite.com

I know you folks are very busy on your own, and then to take time to help all who come by seeking help is well, pretty darn cool! Thank you!

I psyched to get to try it all out...but I'm afraid this may be gummin' up the works... :'(

Maybe the store in root add on can help (if that is what you mean).

Maybe the store in root add on can help (if that is what you mean).

Thank you Coopco! I will try to find some info about it. I'm not sure if I can clarify what I mean, this is all so new to me, but I would like the mysite.com url to show the sts_template.html as my first page. Do you know if this is what I need to make that happen?

Thx again,

visionz

Thank you Coopco! I will try to find some info about it. I'm not sure if I can clarify what I mean, this is all so new to me, but I would like the mysite.com url to show the sts_template.html as my first page. Do you know if this is what I need to make that happen?

Thx again,

visionz

Why would you want to do that?

Why would you want to do that?

Hey Coopco,

If I want you to go to my site, I can't just say 'go to mysite.com', I must say 'go to mysite.com/catalog'...because that seems to be how it's showing up. It should show up when I type in www.mysite.com, but that only takes me to a directory listing of what files are in my site.

And if it shows up this way, won't it confuse any code or whatever that might be looking for it?

Thanks for helping me to try to understand, I really do appreciate it!

Hey Coopco,

If I want you to go to my site, I can't just say 'go to mysite.com', I must say 'go to mysite.com/catalog'...because that seems to be how it's showing up. It should show up when I type in www.mysite.com, but that only takes me to a directory listing of what files are in my site.

And if it shows up this way, won't it confuse any code or whatever that might be looking for it?

Thanks for helping me to try to understand, I really do appreciate it!

The store in root addon will help you move the store from www.mysite.com.catalog to www.mysite.com and the index.php page is your home page.

It is what I did to move my store to the root.

The store in root addon will help you move the store from www.mysite.com.catalog to www.mysite.com and the index.php page is your home page.

It is what I did to move my store to the root.

Thank you much, Coopco, I'll see if I can find...

visionz