• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Barclaycard ePDQ Payment Module v1.08 - Not Passing OID

jbs

I'm at a loss. Partly, if this problem was consistent, it would help, but there's no consistency. At least 90% of the time, when I submit an order and it passes the values to ePDQ, the OID is blank (""). I've tried going through the code; unfortunately, I'm more of a hacker than a coder, so I only partially understand the coding to get and then post the OID in the epdq.php file.

When I go to post, when I'm going to enter the credit card number at ePDQ, I'll look at the source code and notice the OID is blank. So I'll go back and fiddle around with the order and try to resubmit and generally there is no OID. But then once in a while (and I can't find the pattern), the OID is suddenly filled in and the order carries along.

The major issue is, of course, that unless the OID is passed to ePDQ and then returned, the order will not complete; the customer will return to the catalogue with items in his shopping cart, even though the payment has gone through with Barclays.

Anyone have any ideas what is happening or what direction I should be looking?

• 2 weeks later...
I'm at a loss. Partly, if this problem was consistent, it would help, but there's no consistency. At least 90% of the time, when I submit an order and it passes the values to ePDQ, the OID is blank (""). I've tried going through the code; unfortunately, I'm more of a hacker than a coder, so I only partially understand the coding to get and then post the OID in the epdq.php file.

When I go to post, when I'm going to enter the credit card number at ePDQ, I'll look at the source code and notice the OID is blank. So I'll go back and fiddle around with the order and try to resubmit and generally there is no OID. But then once in a while (and I can't find the pattern), the OID is suddenly filled in and the order carries along.

The major issue is, of course, that unless the OID is passed to ePDQ and then returned, the order will not complete; the customer will return to the catalogue with items in his shopping cart, even though the payment has gone through with Barclays.

Anyone have any ideas what is happening or what direction I should be looking?

Nevermind, folks ... I don't know what I did wrong, but after trying pretty well everything else, I started from scratch. Thankfully it was still under development (though I had done most of the other mods first ...) Anyway, it's working on the reinstall, so I'm now redoing everything else, testing along the way, to see where I went wrong last time.... Either way, at least this is working now.

I had a similar problem when I first started using this module (customer returned to shopping cart after payment), basically it was because my 'store' was installed in a directory other than 'catalog', so I had to change a line of code in one of the files and it worked after that.

I had a similar problem when I first started using this module (customer returned to shopping cart after payment), basically it was because my 'store' was installed in a directory other than 'catalog', so I had to change a line of code in one of the files and it worked after that.

Well, it may well have been a line of code (wasn't sure which one). In this case, it was in "catalog" originally and it wasn't working. I reinstalled using a different directory and all is working now. I'm pretty sure there is/was a line of code somewhere I screwed up, but not sure which one; I'm pretty well back to where I started now (with the module working this time).