• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

What is the correct 2checkout Return URL!

mockba

I have installed the "osCommerce Online Merchant v2.2 RC2a" and I have subscribed for an account with 2checkout. After finishing all the setup steps in both oscommerce and 2checkout, comes the integration part between the two. And Until now I can't figure out a correct return URL to be inserted in the 2checkout look & feel that will properly set the items and transactions in oscommerce cart.

I would like to notify you that the following file is not available in the new version http://www.your-domain.com/catalog/pm2checkout_process.php

and I'm trying to use the following URL http://domain.com/catalog/checkout_process.php but still the items are not updated in the cart!!

To regenerate I'm performing the following steps: (I'm testing everything in demo as I can't go live without making sure everything is working smoothly)

1- Oscommerce Admin Panel:

2checkout Module v1.1; Enable 2CheckOut set true; Transaction Mode Test; etc ...

2- 2Checkout account Look & Feel

Account --> Site Management

Demo Setting: ON, Using this setting, all sales will be treated as demo regardless of any parameter value.

Direct Return: Immediately returned to my website

URLs: http://domain.com/catalog/checkout_process.php (both in approved & pending URLs)

3- I login as a customer in the oscommerce cart and I perform a purchase using the 2checkout payment option, I get directed to the proper 2checkout page.

4- Once I place my info and credit card info and complete the money transaction. Nothing happens (no page redirection back to my site nor my oscommerce cart) No Customer purchase orders are set in the oscommerce cart!

Another variation:

If I changed the direct return to "Given links back to my website", once I click the link it directs me back to my website but still doesn't update customer orders

Could this possibly be a bug in the implementation of the 2checkout module or a misconfiguration from my side,

Appreciate any possible help,

How are the parameters passed from 2checkout to the corresponding script in oscommerce?

2Checkout Knowledge Base "How Does The Return Process Work?"

2Checkout.com will also POST the information to your return URL in all cases, regardless of whether Direct Return is enabled or disabled. It is important to note that we will not allow a mix of GET and POST in the return process. If you are trying to return the customer to “http://www.yoursite.com/your_script.php?param=value” then we actually return the customer to “http://www.yoursite.com/your_script.php” and the ‘param=value’ will be returned as POST information with the rest of the sales information that we normally pass back.

My question using the 2checkout payment modules v1.1 contribution 5443 or contribution 904, do we need to explicitly specify the "parameters" in the return URL or it is implicitly handled by the script?

After Further Investigation I asked 2checkout the following:

How can I check manually the return parameters from 2checkout page, as I want to verify wither I’m receiving return parameters from 2co or not

2Checkout will always send parameters back to an Approved URL unless that Approved URL has a static file extension such as .pdf, .htm or .html or does not have any extension at all.

You can view the form that is posted back to your Approved URL by turning Direct Return to NO inside of your 2Checkout account and then place a demo sale. When you get to the final page of the 2Checkout purchase process you will see a button that says “Click Here to Finalize Your Order”. This button is connected to the form that posts to your script. If you view the source code of this page you will see the form that is generated and can view all the parameters that are being passed to you.

I was able to verify that the transaction works

Again with further testing and checking I have done the following:

Disabled direct return:

I start a demo sale. At the end of the sale, I was presented with a 'Click Here To Finalize Your Order' button, which took me back to my Approved URL when I clicked on it. All parameters get passed back to my oscommerce database.

While on the other hand when I do the following:

Enabled direct return:

I start a demo sale, once I complete and enter the credit card number, I get returned back to the login page and no purchasing details (parameters) are passed back to my oscommerce database.

I have asked 2checkout people and this was the response I got regarding the problem

With Direct Return enabled (set to “Yes” in your Look & Feel section) the page to be used for the return URL will have the sale parameters posted to it automatically while fetched by our server and displayed to the customer. This also has the effect of masking the URL used so that the customer appears to still be on the 2Checkout domain. This method can be used with redirects as long as each page outputs content (specifically, more then 255 characters) to the browser. If Direct Return encounters a page that redirects without outputting content– usually a header redirect– or content less then 255 characters, then the process will fail and the customer will be sent to our Order Processed page. This is a common issue as many developers will set their return URLs to a script that processes the returned sale parameters, then silently forward the customer to another page (usually a “thank you for purchasing” page or a page featuring download links in the case that an intangible product has been ordered).

The solution to this is to either

1.) handle all post-order processing on the page set as your return URL, including the “thank you” message or

2.) Use a timed redirect, typically done via HTML meta tags or JavaScript, after processing the parameters and displaying a message to the customer (remember: at least 255 characters).

It is also important to note that if no redirects are used, meaning the URL will be masked by our servers, then relative links will no longer point to the correct location. This can be corrected by using absolute links on the page used for the return URL or by simply using a “base” tag in the head of the document to provide a reference for the relative paths. If you have any other questions or concerns please contact 2Checkout.com.

I hope this info will be useful in fixing my problem, in case you had the same problem please share with us how did you get around it

• 2 weeks later...
Again with further testing and checking I have done the following:

Disabled direct return:

I start a demo sale. At the end of the sale, I was presented with a 'Click Here To Finalize Your Order' button, which took me back to my Approved URL when I clicked on it. All parameters get passed back to my oscommerce database.

While on the other hand when I do the following:

Enabled direct return:

I start a demo sale, once I complete and enter the credit card number, I get returned back to the login page and no purchasing details (parameters) are passed back to my oscommerce database.

I have asked 2checkout people and this was the response I got regarding the problem

I hope this info will be useful in fixing my problem, in case you had the same problem please share with us how did you get around it

I am having the same issue with 2checkout. Sometimes I have gotten the "you don't have cookies enabled" return once putting both a demo, and live payment through 2checkout.

As far as I know, the checkout_success.php page handles both the parameters and thank you message, am I wrong on this?

I tried adding 255 character output to the page as well as adding a base href at the top of the php file, but neither have worked.

I'm very interested in a fix for this, otherwise I will have to go with the manual redirect (it works fine for me).

On a side note, products are not being created in the 2checkout database when they are passed through. Any ideas on this anyone?

As far as I know, the checkout_success.php page handles both the parameters and thank you message, am I wrong on this?

Use the checkout_process.php in the return paths, and select the "Disable Direct returns" from the 2checkout site management panel, things should work fine

Until now I'm not sure how to fix it the other way!!

Edited by mockba

• 4 months later...
Use the checkout_process.php in the return paths, and select the "Disable Direct returns" from the 2checkout site management panel, things should work fine

Until now I'm not sure how to fix it the other way!!

I also have the same issue, 2checkout can't return to store and no order record on admin/order.

Best Regards,

• 3 months later...

Using Osc ver. 2.2 RC2a with the default 2CO install ver. 1.1

The correct return URL http://your-domain/catalog/checkout_process.php

But it only works when direct return URL = no. When you click the confirm transaction link a security warning displays "Although this page is encrypted, the information you have entered is to be sent over an unencrypted connection and could easily be read by third party." before redirecting. Is this a genuine security threat?

When direct return URL = yes, it does not return. I've tried this with force cookies true & false. Why does this setting not work.

Cookie settings are also correct.

define('HTTP_COOKIE_DOMAIN', '.your-domain-name.com');
define('HTTPS_COOKIE_DOMAIN', '.your-domain-name.com'); // (unless you are on a shard ssl and have a different ssl address)
define('HTTP_COOKIE_PATH', '/'); // (This is if your shop is in the root of your domain.. if its in a sub folder like for instance catalog , then it would be: /catalog/ )
define('HTTPS_COOKIE_PATH', '/');

Hope this helps somebody. :rolleyes:

Any further input will be appreciated.

P.S. Am also waiting :blink: for a reply from 2CO regarding this will add it to post as soon as I tested their solution.

• 5 months later...
I'm having the same problem with the Cookies on the auto direct.

And with that off, if you don't click the button the order won't be in the OsCommerce Admin.

Gary

Hey, I don't know if this will help but I was having an issue with 2checkout returning back my site and to record the order in the admin area as well as show up for the customer. Basically what I did was install the older version of the 2checkout payment module and use pm2checkout_process.php as the return for my store and all works fine for me, customers are redirected to my site and all orders show up under admin and show up for the customers to review their new and previous orders.

I am currently just learning osCommerce and PHP, but am always willing to help out.

Have successfully installed the following: Discount Coupons, UPS shipping module, Ultimate SEO URL's, Easy Meta Tags for SEO 1.0, Google XML Sitemap SEO v1.3, HTML Editor for Email and Newsletters.

Hey, I don't know if this will help but I was having an issue with 2checkout returning back my site and to record the order in the admin area as well as show up for the customer. Basically what I did was install the older version of the 2checkout payment module and use pm2checkout_process.php as the return for my store and all works fine for me, customers are redirected to my site and all orders show up under admin and show up for the customers to review their new and previous orders.

Thanks.

I'll have to try that.

Gary

Thanks.

I'll have to try that.

Gary

No problem. I still have the contrib stored on my PC so if you can't find the right one, needs to have pm2checkout_process.php in the catalog folder or root, which replaces checkout_process.php. Let me know if you need it.

I am currently just learning osCommerce and PHP, but am always willing to help out.

Have successfully installed the following: Discount Coupons, UPS shipping module, Ultimate SEO URL's, Easy Meta Tags for SEO 1.0, Google XML Sitemap SEO v1.3, HTML Editor for Email and Newsletters.

No problem. I still have the contrib stored on my PC so if you can't find the right one, needs to have pm2checkout_process.php in the catalog folder or root, which replaces checkout_process.php. Let me know if you need it.

Neal,

Thanks so much. I found the right one and it worked like magic. Thanks again.

Gary

Neal,

Thanks so much. I found the right one and it worked like magic. Thanks again.

Gary

Awesome. Your welcome.

Neal

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Struggling to get this gateway to work, like so many others. Ok - I have disabled direct return. The symptom I get is that 2co processes the order in demo mode and generates emails saying so. However, when i select the 'finalize my order' button I am returned to oscommerce, but to the login screen. No order is recorded in the users cart of the admin on oscommerce. Any help much appreciated. What am I missing - its a vanilla oscommerce install.

• 1 year later...

This thing is driving me crazy... the orders go through no problem and I get redirected

back to my site, however, it never shows an order in customer orders. I need

it to show the attributes with the sizes and colors. It doesn't show that in

2co.

Any have a fix for this please?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I have got this module working fine. The only problem I've noticed is that the actual checkout items are not passed on to 2Checkout. All the 2Checkout cart says is:

"Cart Purchase: 20110720045323"

It does not list the actual products added to the shopping cart, as was achieved by the the previous version of this payment module (the one that came with Oscommerce V2.2 RC2).

Any ideas how I can keep that feature?

I have got this module working fine. The only problem I've noticed is that the actual checkout items are not passed on to 2Checkout. All the 2Checkout cart says is:

"Cart Purchase: 20110720045323"

It does not list the actual products added to the shopping cart, as was achieved by the the previous version of this payment module (the one that came with Oscommerce V2.2 RC2).

Any ideas how I can keep that feature?

Sorry...meant to post this here...

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/topic/272486-2checkout-payment-module

I don't see an option to delete my previous post.