• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Directing Payment info to Moneris eSelect

WoodsWalker

Like some other recent contributors to the forum, I too have downloaded and installed the Moneris eSelect payment module from Moneris's site. Installation went fine, and I activated the module and selected most of my options except for "API token". More on this below.

First things first, I should point out that I am not sure I should even be using this module. Moneris accepts payments in two forms: via an API (for which merchant SSL and PCI compliance are required) or by posting order info directly to Moneris's own "Hosted Paypage" (for which merchant SSL and PCI are not required). I am planning to use the Moneris Hosted Paypage.

In any case, I installed the Moneris eSelect module to see what it would do, thinking it might give me some answers since I am unsure how to actually transmit order data to Moneris. But I notice that this module asks for my store's "API Token", which I have gathered is not something I will be dealing with if I am using the Moneris Hosted Paypage (what makes me think this is that nothing is mentioned about API Tokens in the Moneris Hosted Paypage documentation - just a store_id and an hpp_key, both of which I have obtained for testing my store through Moneris's test facility).

More info: Before I installed the Moneris eSelect payment module, I was designing away using the native osC "Credit Card" module. After I installed and selected the Moneris eSelect module (it's labelled "Credit Card Payments" as opposed to "Credit Card" ), I see no difference in the GUI when I go through a fake transaction. So that's one question: should I be seeing a difference? But again, this is relevant only if I actually need this module.

My next question may be the most newbie one of all: I have read all the documentation that I can find from Moneris, and it describes and gives the code for posting order data through to Moneris, as below:

<FORM METHOD="POST" ACTION=https://esqa.moneris.com/HPPDP/index.php>

<INPUT TYPE="HIDDEN" NAME="ps_store_id" VALUE="AF$Fa1024">

etc. etc. with lots of input options that I fully understand.

This seems like just the info I need, regardless of if I am using the "right" module. But nowhere can I find documentation on HOW I post from the osC forms to Moneris. I admit I've never worked with HTML forms before, but it doesn't look like rocket science. Still, I am missing this key information.

That's why I installed the Moneris eSelect module - I was hoping it would take care of this for me, or give me clues. But nope! So I am posting here. :blush:

Thanks for your indulgence!

~Wendy

p.s. If we determine that I am using the wrong module, is there a "right" one for simply sending info via a POST command to a remote server?

Hi Folks! I think I've boiled down my question a little bit.

I think the Moneris eSelect module I tried is not suited for their "Hosted Paypage" option. Out it goes.

Moneris wishes to receive the order data (minus the CC#) via an HTML POST command.

What it appears that I need is a module that will distill the customer's entered information and order data into an HTML form, which can then be posted to Moneris.

There must be modules already in existance that function like this, which I could perhaps modify. A PayPal module, perhaps?

Any advice is HUGELY appreciated!

~Wendy

In case anyone with similar questions is following this thread, I received a helpful PM today from a member who also uses Moneris' services. He advises:

Ok i just read your post.. so you are not using the API method (or just posting the credit card information via SSL to them) you are using their hosted page. Well really its the same thing. You setup which method you are using via your Moneris Account at moneris.com and then you install the Moneris Payment Module. The post happens automatically as the code is built into oscommerce page (checkout_confirmation.php contains the post form) the post data comes from the payment module. There is only one difference, the user is not supposed to enter any credit card information. The user is simply supposed to select Moneris continue to the confirmation page.. click confirm and then they will be sent off to Moneris' hosted payment page where the user will enter their payment details. The information that is posted is also contained in the payment module .. you can open the payment module and see where it all happens by scrolling through it.. checkout_confirmation.php retrieves this information and stores it in the form of hidden fields which when the user clicks confirm is POSTed to moneris.

I am going to get busy and explore some of this, and I'll report back here. If anyone else has any tips, I'm all ears (what a funny thought!)

~Wendy

I have been in contact with Moneris, and they tell me that the Moneris Payment module is suited ony to merchants interacting through a PHP API, and is not designed for use with their Hosted Paypage.

It looks from here as if a person wanting to use the Moneris Hosted Paypage with osCommerce is on their own! I've browsed through the Moneris payment module code, and I doubt if I, newbie that I am, could reverse-engineer the Moneris payment module to work properly with their Hosted Paypage.

Well, I can always go in the API direction instead of the Hosted Paypage direction, and use the Moneris Payment module, but the downside it that I will apparently need a PCI inspection, and preferably my own SSL (a generic one is provided by my hosting service but my own would give us a better "image"). [Note: another merchant has alerted me to a company called Optimal Payments that is a go-between for merchants dealing with Moneris, and saves you needing to be PCI compliant]. But the upside is that I will have greater control over customizing the user interface of my shopping cart, and will have more control as a merchant over how the payments are processed (that is, according to Moneris I can review orders that are entered, before actually sending payment info to Moneris - and that's nice because sometimes a customer orders redundant products and we'd like to give them some advice before their order is finalized).

Sigh - so off in another direction. What an adventure. I think my brain is growing a whole new lobe. :blink:

• 8 months later...
I have been in contact with Moneris, and they tell me that the Moneris Payment module is suited ony to merchants interacting through a PHP API, and is not designed for use with their Hosted Paypage.

It looks from here as if a person wanting to use the Moneris Hosted Paypage with osCommerce is on their own! I've browsed through the Moneris payment module code, and I doubt if I, newbie that I am, could reverse-engineer the Moneris payment module to work properly with their Hosted Paypage.

Well, I can always go in the API direction instead of the Hosted Paypage direction, and use the Moneris Payment module, but the downside it that I will apparently need a PCI inspection, and preferably my own SSL (a generic one is provided by my hosting service but my own would give us a better "image"). [Note: another merchant has alerted me to a company called Optimal Payments that is a go-between for merchants dealing with Moneris, and saves you needing to be PCI compliant]. But the upside is that I will have greater control over customizing the user interface of my shopping cart, and will have more control as a merchant over how the payments are processed (that is, according to Moneris I can review orders that are entered, before actually sending payment info to Moneris - and that's nice because sometimes a customer orders redundant products and we'd like to give them some advice before their order is finalized).

Sigh - so off in another direction. What an adventure. I think my brain is growing a whole new lobe. :blink:

I wish I came across you post much earlier, I could have been able to help with Moneris Hosted Paypage.

I have a Moneris Hosted Paypage solution here: http://www.aderogba.com/moneris-solutions-...payment-module/

It is been used on many sites.

• 3 years later...

Archived