• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

USPS module

redbugweb

Does this module not work with a regular USPS account? My client signed up with one and I used that user id/password in admin setup, but I get the calculation error. I have sibnce created a web tools account, get the same error, but did email asking to be switched to the production server.

Can anyone explain how this works? Thanks!

Does this module not work with a regular USPS account? My client signed up with one and I used that user id/password in admin setup, but I get the calculation error. I have sibnce created a web tools account, get the same error, but did email asking to be switched to the production server.

Can anyone explain how this works? Thanks!

Are you referring to the standard USPS shipping module built into osCommerce or a contribution you installed? If you are talking about an installed contribution, which one?

The standard module does work with a USPS account switched to the production server. Make sure you mention that you are using the osCommerce package in your email request to USPS, otherwise they will not switch your account until they see some successful transaction traffic. The standard module does need a minor patch to account for a recent change to the USPS server. Look here for the domestic service patch and here for the international service patch.

Ben

Edited by bpopelar

I'm using the standard module. My account is on the test server, but I still get the same error.

You always get an error when running against the USPS test server. The test server sends out a canned response instead of processing the request submitted by osCommerce. Send an email to USPS requesting your account be switch to the production server. Make sure you mention in your email that your website is based on osCommerce and you are using the built in USPS shipping module.

Ben

Edited by bpopelar

Ok, that's what I was assuming from what I've read on here about it. I did email again saying that I'm using osCommerce. Hopefully they will switch me over soon. I am assuming I will still be able to "test" the shipping calculations? I have my cart setup with the paypal sandbox mode right now so I'm still testing orders. Thanks!

Ok, that's what I was assuming from what I've read on here about it. I did email again saying that I'm using osCommerce. Hopefully they will switch me over soon. I am assuming I will still be able to "test" the shipping calculations? I have my cart setup with the paypal sandbox mode right now so I'm still testing orders. Thanks!

It didn't take them long to switch me over (a few hours as I recalll).

You will be able to test to your heart's content on the production server.

Ben

Edited by bpopelar