• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Mod in progress- grid attributes

I found it!!!

Did you install manually or use my modded files directly? If you need to start from scratch then I recommend php5 if you have a choice. If you already committed to php4- then don't switch back and forth especially not on your live store.

Edited by aspiringdeveloper

I have a query, there are some others with this problem, how difficult do you think it would be to modify this contrib to provide for calculations in the cart where there variable dimensions, such as pricing curtains by variable drop & width.

If you think this is way off the mark please say.

:)

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

Auto Backup your Database, Easy way

Multi Images with Fancy Pop-ups, Easy way

Products in columns with multi buy etc etc

Disable any Category or Product, Easy way

Secure & Improve your account pages et al.

I have a query, there are some others with this problem, how difficult do you think it would be to modify this contrib to provide for calculations in the cart where there variable dimensions, such as pricing curtains by variable drop & width.

If you think this is way off the mark please say.

:)

I suppose if I was a store selling curtains I would want the pricing for a curtain to be dependent on the length of the cut curtain. Eg: the cell variable would be a price of $a per linear foot, for a certain range, another price for a different range.

Each row in the table is a range of values and the cell attribute can calculate based on the proper strata. Rows would be one dimension, 'Drop' and columns 'Width. Each row would need to cover a range for the 'Drop' dimension (in inches) and each column a range of 'Width' (in inches). There really isn't any calculation at all since the cell intersection will a yield a given Drop/Width combination and result in the price.

EX: Width 36-40 inches is $40.00 for drop of 50-56inches,

EX: Width 36-40 inches is $45.00 for drop of 60-66 inches,

EX: Width 40-46 inches is $48.00 for drop of 50-56 inches,

etc.

No calculation required since the strata covers the pricing variability.

A comments box would be needed to specify the EXACT dimensions for made to order that are not exactly this dimension.

You need to elaborate more on the need. I think anything is doable.

First, I need to see some testimonials of people getting this to work as it is. Then we can expand upon it.

Hi - been away for a bit so only just seen the new PHP4 compatible version - thanks for your time. Mostly works now.... Unfortuantly, when I go to Admin->Categories/Products I get:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_hide_session_id() in /public_html/catalog2/admin/categories.php on line 780

Cheers for any help!

Hi - been away for a bit so only just seen the new PHP4 compatible version - thanks for your time. Mostly works now.... Unfortuantly, when I go to Admin->Categories/Products I get:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_hide_session_id() in /public_html/catalog2/admin/categories.php on line 780

Cheers for any help!

That error isn't even on a line that corresponds to any of the changes I made in categories.php. Try clearing your cookies. Also, try the manual edit method of the files that I uploaded.

Cheers for any help!

The application_top.php loads the module html_output.php where tep_hide_session_id() resides. If its giving you that error, then function tep_hide_session_id() is not being loaded. Try resorting back to the original categories.php file to see if it fixes the problem. If the problem persists, then we'll look elsewhere. M

Did you check t your admin/includes/functions/html_outp­ut.php file for the following code:

////

// Hide form elements

function tep_hide_session_id() {

$string = ';

if (defined('SID') && tep_not_null(SID)) {

$string = tep_draw_hidden_field(tep_session_­ name(), tep_session_id());

}

return $string;

}

That should be present if not then please add it.