• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How to set up local php and sql for OS X?

lildog

I have been working with OSCommerce for going on two years now. I finally upgraded computers and can run a local php and sql server for debugging. I am pretty new to OS X and hope someone can at least guide me in the correct direction of setting up a test store on my local computer.

Thanks alot,

lildog

Install EasyPHP or XAMPP on your desktop. Then install osC to get your configure.php files you will need to make it run. Then using a backup of your site copy the files to the directory you need. Copy your configure.php files from your test install and update your DB and you should be good to go.

Seems easy enough. Do I need to install sql of some variety?

Install EasyPHP or XAMPP on your desktop. Then install osC to get your configure.php files you will need to make it run. Then using a backup of your site copy the files to the directory you need. Copy your configure.php files from your test install and update your DB and you should be good to go.

Both those programs come with apache, php and mysql. Nothing else is needed to design osC. You will have to make changes if you want to use things like SEO URL's or test email functions but I just do that online, not from localhost.

Both those programs come with apache, php and mysql. Nothing else is needed to design osC. You will have to make changes if you want to use things like SEO URL's or test email functions but I just do that online, not from localhost.

Actually, Mac OSX comes with Apache. You just need to copy /catalog/ to /Library/WebServer/Documents/

I think 10.5 came with PHP5 (at least when I upgraded from 10.4 -> 10.5 I got PHP5 instead of PHP4). MySQL needs to be installed though (MySQL downloads).

I have been working with OSCommerce for going on two years now. I finally upgraded computers and can run a local php and sql server for debugging. I am pretty new to OS X and hope someone can at least guide me in the correct direction of setting up a test store on my local computer.

Thanks alot,

lildog

this site helped me out a lot to set up my Mac as a server.

Marc Liyanage

excellent...not as difficult as I had thought. I am downloading mysql now. So after that how does one go about tracing/monitoring variables? I usually put a print r or echo, upload...yadda yadda. One of the main reasons I was so excited to get os x was I could run php locally. Yippee!

lildog

Anyone have any ideas for debugging on a local os x server? Or is it the same as online? Echo, print_r etc? I was under the impression there was a way to 'trace' through scripts or monitor themwhen they executed....

lildog

Archived