• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

About to go Live!

Please visit my site and tell me what you think (aside from the secure/nonsecure item popup).

I am planning on going live today :lol:

Visit My Website

I have created an account you can use;

email: [email protected]

password: testing

The theme of your layout fits your products - elegant colors etc. -

Good luck with your web site!! - and if you should need some very nice wedding candle favors give me a shout!!

regards - Annie :)

Jennifer

Nice looking site. Only had a quick look, but you might want to look at the image sizes of your thumbnails.

I picked one (7135.jpg) which displayed in a 125*125 window, but was a 500*600 44kb image. You'll find loading faster if your thumbnails were the size they should be, saving both on the download and the need to resize on loading.

Good luck with the site.

Thanks Annie and Alan,

Nice looking site. Only had a quick look, but you might want to look at the image sizes of your thumbnails.

I picked one (7135.jpg) which displayed in a 125*125 window, but was a 500*600 44kb image. You'll find loading faster if your thumbnails were the size they should be, saving both on the download and the need to resize on loading.

I don't know much about the image sizes. I havn't even looked at any contribs.

My supplier offers my 3 image size options (small, med, and large), I chose large (500x600 pix.). Obviously I don't want to display that size image throughout my site, so I set the display size for 125x125 pix.

If I were to choose the small image size from them, and someone clicks to enlarge, it will still only display the small image size, correct?

Is there a way I can use both the small image size (for normal thumbnails), and the large image size for the enlarged images?

Thanks,

Jennifer

You page sizes are not continuous throughout your site. I think it's your breadcrumb pushing the table out. Noticed it when viewing the reviews. The review breadcrumb jumps down to the next line not only doubling your header nav bar, but stretching the overall length of the page. Your model numbers for all attribute options are making for a really long crumb trail.

Also, your header image doesn't fit your theme. I would feather the edges into a white background.

And here's some more thoughts. Not all on design. So take them with a grain of salt. I was viewing your site as a customer as I really want to buy one of your pet tuxes for my cat DaVinci.

ISSUES:

Nowhere do you claim wether or not your products ship immediatly or not. Can't tell. You mention special orders a lot, but do not mention what qualifies as a special order, and what doesn't.

There will be an additional charge for purchases of less than $50. Purchases of $100 or more qualify for free shipping.

How much? I had to create an account and go to checkout to find out shipping is $10 (why did you make me search for it?), but then are you saying there is an additional charge on top of that?

OK, further through the checkout process, I found the "Low Order Fee" (why did I have to get that far in the checkout process (give you all my personal information, etc) to find out that my $30 order has jumped mirculously to $50, just to waste my time and abandon my cart if I do not want to go through with it?

The best way to close your sales, is to not make your customers work or guess, to become your customer. Make it easy for them to do business with you. Give them all the information they need to decide to be your customer, before they decide to checkout. Not while they're in the process of checking out.

Arrival Of Order (In your shipping page)

Confusing. Should it not be "Processing of your Order"?

By delivering to work addresses, or alternate addresses, you are begging to be the victim of "Friendly Fraud". If your order is not shipped to the address the issuing bank has on file for the credit card, your credit card processor has no reason to pay you.

Also, have you determined who your products are aimed towards? Having access to a good selection of wedding items in the city is easy enough. Plenty of bridal shops. A lot easier to deal directly with the store vs. online. But that same access is hard in the small rural towns. Most people do their shopping online but their mailing adresses are post office boxes. With Canada Post, if the package is too big, they just get a note in their mailbox to pick it up at the post office. Easy as that. And you can get signature and tracking for proof of delivery to stop friendly fraud.

I was just married last spring, and I did a lot of my shopping online as I don't live in the city. Made purchases through a half dozen shops and I can tell you, I looked at over 30 in Canada and US. And it's easy to do. I didn't have to drive all over the city to visit the different shops. And I was able to do it all in a couple hour of sitting. We use postal boxes, but luckily they use the street address for them. Otherwise frustrations would have been abundant I am sure. Heh.

Those other shops? Didn't make it easy to do business with. Couldn't tell some didn't ship to Canada untill trying to finish the checkout process. Couldn't tell where some shops were located, and no phone number to call. Not going to waste my time e-mailing them, waiting for a response to find out where they were located. Some couldn't tell me shipping costs untill the checkout process. Some couldn't tell me when the order would ship untill a week or so after the order was placed when I figured it was already shipped (those orders get cancelled immediatly. I don't like surprises).

I find the exact same problems shopping for Paintball equipment.

The point being, is those shops that make it easy to do business with, are the ones that get my business.

And one last thing I beleive.... Nowhere do you have a phone number or e-mail address listed. Nowhere can I tell where you are located as you don't have a store address or a mailing address at the very least. If you're doing this out of home, and want privacy, get a PO BOX and a cell phone for your business purposes. Adds to credibility and the illusion that you know what you are doing.

Hope my thoughts help.

Please visit my site and tell me what you think (aside from the secure/nonsecure item popup).

I am planning on going live today :lol:

Visit My Website

I have created an account you can use;

email: [email protected]

password: testing

your header image is about 20 pixels wider (in Firefox (on Windows) and Firefox and Safari (on the Mac) then all the content below it. And I'd put a 1 pixel border around the whole catalog to give a finished look.

Thanks Wayne,

I was looking for some real critical advice, and you gave me a lot to work with.

I will work on making my shop "easy to do business with"

As with the reviews page, thanks, I hadn't noticed that yet.

I assume that my buttos being beside eachother, at the size they are is what is stretching out my page width.

I tried seperating their code, and placing one under the other, but it didn't quite work. ( had them on seperate lines, but the "back" button was off to the right, even though aligned to the left.) Any suggestions?

As per requested for the info.

I have added a contact number, as well as my email address.

I have included all shipping prices, & fees in the shipping.php, as well as info on when items will ship.

Shipping to P.O boxes is now AOK, as i will use Canada post for delivery.

Placed some info on index.php, stating where we ship to.

Some of the other details like, that Stretched out reviews page, and the display in FireFox still need to be sorted. (I need to go to General Support for that)

Anyone else with some ideas?

Hi Wayne,

For your cat? My cats wouldn't let me get near them with one of those! :lol:

I could have it deliverd to you, (a p.o. box right?) if you are in a province of Canada, in 15-20 business days. In a Terretory, 25-30 business days.

Do you want to test me on that? :)

Regards,

Jennifer

Archived