• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Let me have it.

Aye Poppin

I know my site needs some help. The guy that was doing it part time stopped completely. I am learning hear as this isn't my forte-lol. I know I need an SSL cert but what else? Let me know please.

www.ayepoppintees.com

I hope you didnt pay your developer a dime. You need to basically, Start Over.

Follow the community build:

BS3 to osCommerce Responsive from the Get Go!

Check out the new construction:

Admin Gone to Total BS!

They are right, it doesn't look good. But don't become discouraged.

From my experience with this program, you don't need to know much about programming to start. You just need to be able to learn where to make your changes, and why you made those changes. Start with a basic idea of what you want your site to look like. Check out the shops in the "Showcases" drop down. Find some styles that you like. Then search the forum for posts that help you achieve what you want. If all else fails, create your own post. There are a lot of people on this forum with great help advice. :)

I know my site needs some help. The guy that was doing it part time stopped completely. I am learning hear as this isn't my forte-lol. I know I need an SSL cert but what else? Let me know please.

www.ayepoppintees.com

My O My BRICKS!! I feel like I am in Jail! get rid of the bricks fast!

You need some product descriptions explaining what the images are

And you also need to get rid of that background.. it does not make it easy to see the black print

You need to add information to your information pages ( privacy policy, ect )

Tim

Any text you want to add/change will be in /catalog/includes/languages/english/whatyouwanttochange.php (english, or whatever language you are using.).

So if you want to add info to your shipping info page you would go to: /catalog/includes/languages/english/shipping.php

*Be sure to add a "\" before any "'", else your code will have an error.

eg. You\'re learning about \'s.

There are also tags you need to learn for making text bold, starting a new line, starting a new paragraph, etc.

You will find this site useful; Site on tags.

But really, there is tonnes of info on this forum. Use it!

Unfortunately not. Heh. Changing the background image (and tiling it with seems no less) does not equate to re-designing a website.

Look at your competitors' sites, and ask yourself whom you would rather purchase a t-shirt from.

Check out this one:

http://www.assaultshirts.com

The Assualt Shirt store rocks, I love the layout and design..

Tim

In addition to the forum rules, live stores discussed in this channel must be powered by osCommerce Online Merchant and have the "Powered by osCommerce" text displayed on the site. Not only is the osCommerce solution being used, but valuable feedback will also be presented by the osCommerce community.

If you come across a post not related to an osCommerce powered live store, the live store not having the "Powered by osCommerce" text, or the live store breaking the forum rules of presenting osCommerce related services (eg, web hosting), please report it so it can be deleted.

Archived