• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Individual Product Shipping won't checkout if set to Zero (Free shipping)

phenixmarketing

I've set up my site with the individual shipping per product contribution and have successfully set up the product pages on my site to display the individual shipping price or display a Free Shipping message when the price is set to zero.

However, if a customer orders a product with free shipping, the checkout_shipping.php page shows this message under the Shipping Method:

"This is currently the only shipping method available to use on this order."

No other shipping info is displayed and when the customer clicks continue, it will just reload the page and will not continue to the payment page and they can not complete the order.

Now, if the customer orders a product with a shipping rate or includes another item with shipping in their order, the message under the Shipping Method displays the following:

"This is currently the only shipping method available to use on this order.

Individual Shipping

Flat Shipping Rate $15.00 "

Does anyone know how to get this to work properly?

It seems like it should be simple just to display "Flat Shipping Rate $0.00" when the individual shipping rate is set to zero. Ideally, I'd like to have this display a text message "Free Shipping" instead of the zero just the way that it works on the product info page.

I've searched everywhere for information on free shipping and it seems that the only way to configure free shipping is by total product order, category, or for the entire site. I just want to set shipping rates for each product so Product A ships for $10 and Product B ships for Free. If this system works to set Product A at $10 shipping, I don't understand why it won't work to set Product B at $0 shipping.

Thanks in advance!

Pete

Problem solved. I dont' know what the problem was or what the exact solution was.

I just went back and re-installed all of the code modifications for the Indv Ship contrib, uploaded the files again and it worked.

I have no idea why.

I've set up my site with the individual shipping per product contribution and have successfully set up the product pages on my site to display the individual shipping price or display a Free Shipping message when the price is set to zero.

However, if a customer orders a product with free shipping, the checkout_shipping.php page shows this message under the Shipping Method:

"This is currently the only shipping method available to use on this order."

No other shipping info is displayed and when the customer clicks continue, it will just reload the page and will not continue to the payment page and they can not complete the order.

Now, if the customer orders a product with a shipping rate or includes another item with shipping in their order, the message under the Shipping Method displays the following:

"This is currently the only shipping method available to use on this order.

Individual Shipping

Flat Shipping Rate $15.00 "

Does anyone know how to get this to work properly?

It seems like it should be simple just to display "Flat Shipping Rate $0.00" when the individual shipping rate is set to zero. Ideally, I'd like to have this display a text message "Free Shipping" instead of the zero just the way that it works on the product info page.

I've searched everywhere for information on free shipping and it seems that the only way to configure free shipping is by total product order, category, or for the entire site. I just want to set shipping rates for each product so Product A ships for $10 and Product B ships for Free. If this system works to set Product A at $10 shipping, I don't understand why it won't work to set Product B at $0 shipping.

Thanks in advance!

Pete