• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Mail Issues?

Gary-London

Here goes guys!

I have a Windows Shared Server with OSC v.2.2 RC2a running. I have just installed the SMTP mod, which I used on my last installation and it seems that none of the e-mail functions work, except the visitor contact page?

Before this installation I had a previous installation that worked fine with the SMTP working!

My e-mail settings are as follow...

[b]E-Mail Transport Method:[/b] smtp  	 
[b]E-Mail Linefeeds:[/b] CRLF
[b]Use MIME HTML When Sending Emails:[/b] false
[b]Verify E-Mail Addresses Through DNS:[/b] false
[b]Send E-Mails:[/b] true 
[b]SMTP Server Host Address:[/b] authsmtp.streamline.net
[b]SMTP Server EHLO / HELO Name:[/b] srsmotorcycles.co.uk
[b]SMTP Server Port Number:[/b] 25
[b]SMTP Authentication Required:[/b] true
[b]SMTP Authentication Username:[/b] [email protected]
[b]SMTP Authentication Password:[/b] mail_box_password

Can anyone spot anything out of place?

I have tried playing with the settings but still can't get it going?! :rolleyes:

Gazza

If its not broken...why try fixing it??

Anyone able to help me out?? :)

Sorry - I've got no answer for you, :'( but like your site (I'm a classic biker..) - what RSS feed is that you're using? I had the motogp . com one going until yesterday when it croaked and threw my web page into disarray so I discontinued it. Yours looks more inclusive anyway - all from London Bikers, or is it a multi-RSS reader?

Sorry - I've got no answer for you, :'( but like your site (I'm a classic biker..) - what RSS feed is that you're using? I had the motogp . com one going until yesterday when it croaked and threw my web page into disarray so I discontinued it. Yours looks more inclusive anyway - all from London Bikers, or is it a multi-RSS reader?

Thanks! The RSS feed is directly from London Bikers and them alone. I am a writer for them and publish the news. I have no real need for any other publishers as we have all of the news updated virtually by the hour during the day! MotoGP, BSB, WSB, MX, New Products, Events...name it, its on there.

Back to my problem, it seems that the system only sends out a e-mail once a product has been purchased. No welcome e-mail, no newsletters, and no admin sent e-mails?

If there is anyone out there who would know why this is, there is a free beer going!!

Gazza

If its not broken...why try fixing it??

• 3 months later...

Archived