• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Its there a DHL API for europe

WS Evolution

I am looking for an API Solution for DHL. I have already installed the US Airborne Express Quotes using ShipIT XML API hoping to adapt it for a European shop, but cant find any information about a European XML API service for quotes.

Has anyone found a suitable solution for none US shops?

• 4 weeks later...
I am looking for an API Solution for DHL. I have already installed the US Airborne Express Quotes using ShipIT XML API hoping to adapt it for a European shop, but cant find any information about a European XML API service for quotes.

Surely someone must of wanted to use the API on a European based shop!... and help much appreciated..

thank,

Gareth

Surely someone must of wanted to use the API on a European based shop!... and help much appreciated..

My guess is DHL is not as homogeneous as say UPS in what they do in Europe. I know for example in Holland there iare two quite separate parts of that company: the company that drives trucks and ships and delivers packages (a company they bought and is kind of what UPS does for American customers) and there is DHL the "old" international courier. Those two companies drive cars in the same colours but do not necessarily have anything to do which each other.

I think that might have to do with the fact that is there is (as far as I know) no universal shipping API for DHL in Europe.

Hello from Spain!

I was just leaving a message regarding this and another issue:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=301813

We have negotiated rates with DHL and, desperately hoping that I'm not going to have to set up table rates for the whole world, I have spoken to the Spanish technical department who have assured me that I will receive API keys on Monday.

That said, I'm not 100% sure if they really understood what I was asking for or if they were simply playing along to get me to sign the contract. The guy I spoke to said that he knew of the OsCommerce module and said that it should work. I recommend that you speak to them there too.

If you are interested in using DHL too, we should keep in touch to see how we're both doing. Us Europeans have to stick together!!! PM if you like and I'll give you my email address and/or phone number.

Oh, and if you want to have a look at my post, maybe you could help me out!!!!! The idea of table rates is terrifying me as it seems as though it would be a horribly long, hard job to set things up for the whole world!

Regards,

Joseph

Edited by Jan Zonjee

• 1 year later...