• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

STS BLOWS!

simplyrichard

I have worked over 8 hours on trying to install this software. I have tried it on RC2 & MS2 both do nothing. Just show the header with a breadcrumb. I have tried the manual install and the simple install. All on fresh installs of OSC.

I looked for help but found nothing but a ton of crap all over the place.. who ever decide to put all support request under one trend is retard... 192 pages?? of problems all over the place! Its impossible to follow the problem when you have to read through 200 other problems.

I love how I see a ton of people having the same issues but no one answers how to fix it. So.. your contribute looks awesome but lacks true support.

Sorry... Let the flames begin?

I have found the problem.. notice the RC2a.. yeah well STS doesnt work with RC2a but will with RC2. I still think that it would be best if Bill split up the thrends by verisons.

utter nonsense.. i have RC2a installed and many many contributions INCLUDING STS and there is not a flaw among it .. why dont you pay someone to fix it for you..

The only reason I registered is to basically provide a +1 for STS. This is a great addition to OSC. I actually got sick of using OSC before when you had to go through every single core file and edit to get it to look anything unlike the basic installation look. Stopped using OSC because of it actually.

I tried out STS now and it couldn't be any easier to churn out these websites compared to before. :thumbsup:

I also have STS with RC2a on localhost and it is working very well - I needed to install it so that I could update a project I've been working on for a while.

Did you post for help in the long thread yet?

Burt... What version of STS did you install. (The versions I've tried have been unsuccessful).

STS is OK once you get to grips with it, but you have to be careful that you don't overwrite any STS-modified osCommerce files with default files, or things start to go wrong like they did with me! That'll teach me for having different versions of the same files on my system! Haha!

I am using STS v4.5.8 and I could not get it to work with RCa I tried a billion times ... As soon as I tried RC with STS it worked the first try. My only frustration with STS is the fact support is hard to come by at times. I redraw my STS BLOWS and replace it with STS SUPPORT BLOWS :P

I am using STS v4.5.8 and I could not get it to work with RCa I tried a billion times ... As soon as I tried RC with STS it worked the first try. My only frustration with STS is the fact support is hard to come by at times. I redraw my STS BLOWS and replace it with STS SUPPORT BLOWS :P
I usually don't reply to posts that are made just to cause trouble but I think on this one I would like to make a few points. First, you are complaining about the lack of support but I just looked at the last five pages in the STS support thread and there isn't one post by you. I'm curious as to how you expect to get support if you don't ask for it in the support thread? Bill does an excellent job, in my opinion, in suporting that contribution and deserves the thanks of the community, not unwarranted complaints. Plus, support is provided for free by people like Bill. If you are not happy with that support, then you need to learn to fix it yourself or pay someone to fix it for you. Complaining that no one is rushing to fix your problem for free seems a bit selfish, to me at least.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons