• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Last step help

I ran in to a little problem wheh I got to this step. Can anyone help I can't log-in to database server

Thanks BO

New Installation

This web-based installation routine will correctly setup and configure osCommerce Online Merchant to run on this server.

Please follow the on-screen instructions that will take you through the database server, web server, and store configuration options. If help is needed at any stage, please consult the documentation or seek help at the community support forums.

Database Server

The address of the database server in the form of a hostname or IP address.

Username

The username used to connect to the database server.

Password

The password that is used together with the username to connect to the database server.

Database Name

The name of the database to hold the data in.

you need to add your weblogin username as a prefix to the database & user name but not the password

If you web control panel login username is webs and your DATABASE user name is mine for instance then it needs to go as

Database server = localhost

Database username = webs_mine

Database password = thepassword

Database name = webs_databasename

Regards

Nic

Sometimes you're the dog and sometimes the lamp post

[/url]

My Contributions

you need to add your weblogin username as a prefix to the database & user name but not the password

If you web control panel login username is webs and your DATABASE user name is mine for instance then it needs to go as

Database server = localhost

Database username = webs_mine

Database password = thepassword

Database name = webs_databasename

Regards

Nic

Thanks Nic, I understand and will give it a try. When you host your own server and data there is no control panel but I do understand the concept.

Thanks Bo

Archived