• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

what can quickbooks mod do for you!

dumb_question

ummm.... install it and find out... or read the info file that comes with it???

I haven't installed it so I can't tell ya, but I do know if u wanna get something done right, you gotta do it yourself.

The only thing necessary for evil to flourish is for good men to do nothing

- Edmund Burke

ummm.... install it and find out... or read the info file that comes with it???

I haven't installed it so I can't tell ya, but I do know if u wanna get something done right, you gotta do it yourself.

I wouldn't go to the effort of installing a mod if not one person on these forums could say its worthwhile and vouch that it wont do something terrible to your cart.

I wouldn't go to the effort of installing a mod if not one person on these forums could say its worthwhile and vouch that it wont do something terrible to your cart.

With that attitude noone will do it then ;-)

What's the problem with setting up osCommerce on your local machine, install the contribution and play with it? I would never install a contrib without prior testing.

But that's just my .02.

You can't have everything. That's why trains have difficulty crossing oceans, and hippos did not adapt to fly. -- from the OpenBSD mailinglist.

still waiting for a good constructive response!

thanks everyone in adavance

Dumb_question!

Here's a constructive response.

RTFM.

From the description of the mod itself:

This script will when an order is placed create 2 IIF files , customer and sales thus allowing you to import the client info and order details once per day (or when you decide to) without having to enter all the customer information. The Customer file is only updated when a new user is added to OSC and the sales are only added to the sale file when orders are completed.

Further reading of the description reveals this little nugget of information.

Note: I don't think this will work with the new check procedure but if you have the time and the skills ....please reslease a new copy for others that will work with the new procedure

PS. Please help to finalize this script if you have better ways of doing it.

There...a description of what it does, a warning that it may not work correctly, and a "help if you can" statement. All that in two little paragraphs.

Oh, and looky here...an email address to where you could ask the author directly : [email protected]

Aodhan

Doesn't help me. I read that as well. I was hoping for a more indepth description. ie, does the files contain credit card info that will be passed to Quickbooks so QB can process the Credit Card. Can you sync your QB invoice numbers to OSC order numbers... etc.

Doesn't help me.  I read that as well.  I was hoping for a more indepth description.  ie, does the files contain credit card info that will be passed to Quickbooks so QB can process the Credit Card.  Can you sync your QB invoice numbers to OSC order numbers... etc.

My understanding, having installed this mod but never gotten it working right on Post Nov-1 snapshots, is that it will create the customers and GL entries to record the sale.

Now, I've got 2 clients who require quickbooks integration, and they're both on the new checkout code, so it looks like I'm going to be working that angle very soon. 8-(

So that's as much as I know. I think the level of integration you're wishing for is not close to being there at this point.

Tim

• 3 weeks later...