• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Download PDF via HTTP

It appears that OSCom has the ability built-in to allow users to download pdf files for products. It looks like one needs to enter the file name, such as "my_file.pdf", in the Products URL section. Then when this same product is viewed in detail, a link appears with the following:

For more information, please visit this products webpage.

It also looks like one must set "Enable download" to true. And then upload the pdf file with the same name as entered in that product's detail configuration page and place the pdf file in the download folder.

Is this correct? If so, why do I get an error saying it can't find the server "my_file.pdf"?

Also, where can I change the section "For more information, please visit this products webpage."?

It appears that OSCom has the ability built-in to allow users to download pdf files for products. It looks like one needs to enter the file name, such as "my_file.pdf", in the Products URL section. Then when this same product is viewed in detail, a link appears with the following:

For more information, please visit this products webpage.

It also looks like one must set "Enable download" to true. And then upload the pdf file with the same name as entered in that product's detail configuration page and place the pdf file in the download folder.

Is this correct? If so, why do I get an error saying it can't find the server "my_file.pdf"?

Also, where can I change the section "For more information, please visit this products webpage."?

Normally you can see and download.pdf files by just typing the webadress into your browser window, e.g., the my_file.pdf ist to be seen under http://www.yourdomain/my_file.pdf, if you place it in the catalog folder, you have to add this to the webadress like yourdomain/catalog/my_file.pdf.

If you add this link to the products page in the admin section, you can access the .pdf via this link. You can change the text in includes/languages/your _language/product_info.php

Archived