• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Customers Status V3.x

elari

hi sorry i'm in travel and no easy access.

i think your problem is with the dafault status to be defined

for Newsletter / Guest / New Customer

I think all 3 have same value so when a new customer log in he is considered as a news only. this is set in admin. check values stored with phpmyadmin (sometime values can be stored twice if you run query with diff value..)

i don't remember exact name it is something like

CUSTOMERS_STATUS_DEFAULT_NEWSLETTER / .....GUEST and this is set in admin / my shop

i'll be back end this week and will help you more,

send me a pm so that i will contact you asap

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hello waza

i'm just back to work

let me know what is the problem you have and send me an url to check

which version of cs did you installed ? (package name)

which osc cvs version running

elari

Thanks elari - your previous post sorted my prob - CHEERS!!

But I do remember having another prob with the shopping_cart.php catalog box!!

Parse error: parse error, unexpected $ in w:intranethtdocsshopcatalogincludesboxesshopping_cart.php on line 90

Whenever I add your file differences:

// elari - changed customer status v3.x

if($customer_status_value['customers_status_show_price'] =='1'){

$info_box_contents[] = array('align' => 'right',

'text'  => $currencies->format($cart->show_total())

);

if($customer_status_value['customers_status_ot_discount_flag'] =='1'){

$info_box_contents[] = array('align' => 'left',

'text'  => TEXT_INFO_CSOTDISCOUNT . $customer_status_value['customers_status_ot_discount'] . '%'

);

}

} else {

'text'  => TEXT_INFO_SHOW_PRICE_NO

);

}

new infoBox($info_box_contents);

?>

But if I remove:

if($customer_status_value['customers_status_show_price'] =='1'){

'text'  => $currencies->format($cart->show_total())

);

It works!!

But this displays the price!! - HELP!!

Hiya All,

I just love this mod!!

Anyways,

is there any way tobe able to let the admin set the image ov a 'customer status' in some other way than it is now (Browse) as this is a pain in the ass!!

Maybe a drop down list or something, im sure you'll agree this would be better.

Thanks,

Warren

a drop down would need

1/ upload icon in a particular customers status icon folder ...

2/ upload them by ftp first

finally would be less usefull than browsing as you don't have to create new/edit status ten time a day...

Hiya All,

I just love this mod!!

Anyways,

is there any way tobe able to let the admin set the image ov a 'customer status' in some other way than it is now (Browse) as this is a pain in the ass!!

Maybe a drop down list or something, im sure you'll agree this would be better.

Thanks,

Warren

a drop down would need

1/ upload icon in a particular customers status icon folder ...

2/ upload them by ftp first

finally would be less usefull than browsing as you don't have to create new/edit status ten time a day...

Thats fine - Its a pin in the backside having to route for the correct image when appliying a new status.

Also - One quick problem, when a customer isnt allowed to see the prices, it still shows them on the checkout confirmation page, but never the less, it wont let them checkout.

How can I make it so that it dosent show the prices, please?

Another problem,

on the checkout payment page, when the customer click on continue, I get a debug error, line72 - 'legnth' is not an object??

Cheers mate,

Keep up the good work,

Your help is much appreciated - I think I might visit PayPal and give you a gift!!

Never skip the length problem, I fixed it!!

Just need a solution to this elari:

Also - One quick problem, when a customer isnt allowed to see the prices, it still shows them on the checkout confirmation page, but never the less, it wont let them checkout.

And:

Drop down list.

Cheers Mate

PS If you make a drop down just for me - Ill make sure you get something in return!!

look in checkout files

there is in the begining on redirect for customer that are guest/newsletter...

you can make the change to check the value of

// elari CS 3.x

// if the customer is logged on, but only newsletter status redirect them to the upgrade account page

if (($customer_status_value['customers_status'] == DEFAULT_CUSTOMERS_STATUS_ID_NEWSLETTER) || ($customer_status_value['customers_status'] == DEFAULT_CUSTOMERS_STATUS_ID_GUEST) ) {

//  $navigation->set_snapshot();

$navigation->set_snapshot(array('mode' => 'SSL', 'page' => FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PAYMENT));

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_ACCOUNT, '', 'SSL'));

}

// elari CS 3.x

// Added on request of waza..   (i have not tested it for instance, just to answer you may have to trick a little....)

// if customers status value does not show price allowed, redirect to default...

if ($customer_status_value['customers_status_show_price'] == 0) {

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT, '', 'SSL'));

}

// if there is nothing in the customers cart, redirect them to the shopping cart page

Cheers mate,

Keep up the good work,

Your help is much appreciated - I think I might visit PayPal and give you a gift!!

i would love it, pm me for my paypal id :)) i must check if my paypal account still exist...

on the checkout payment page, when the customer click on continue, I get a debug error, line72 - 'legnth' is not an object??

check and remove call to some viewarray() that are for debug...

look in checkout files

there is in the begining on redirect for customer that are guest/newsletter...

you can make the change to check the value of

// elari CS 3.x

// if the customer is logged on, but only newsletter status redirect them to the upgrade account page

if (($customer_status_value['customers_status'] == DEFAULT_CUSTOMERS_STATUS_ID_NEWSLETTER) || ($customer_status_value['customers_status'] == DEFAULT_CUSTOMERS_STATUS_ID_GUEST) ) {

//  $navigation->set_snapshot();

$navigation->set_snapshot(array('mode' => 'SSL', 'page' => FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PAYMENT));

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_ACCOUNT, '', 'SSL'));

}

// elari CS 3.x

// Added on request of waza..   (i have not tested it for instance, just to answer you may have to trick a little....)

// if customers status value does not show price allowed, redirect to default...

if ($customer_status_value['customers_status_show_price'] == 0) {

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT, '', 'SSL'));

}

// if there is nothing in the customers cart, redirect them to the shopping cart page

Cheers mate,

Keep up the good work,

i would love it, pm me for my paypal id :)) i must check if my paypal account still exist...

Thanks elari - I put the code on the checkout payment and it works!!

Also, when a status has 'Prices include VAT' - It adds VAT extra again in the order total bit. Why?

How the dropdown comming on, lol!!

change redirect to NONSSL

Also, when a status has 'Prices include VAT' - It adds VAT extra again in the order total bit. Why?  

i have not see that kind of problem on my test. which setting do you use in your shop ?

DISPLAY_PRICE_WITH_TAX ????

change redirect to NONSSL

i have not see that kind of problem on my test. which setting do you use in your shop ?

DISPLAY_PRICE_WITH_TAX ????

YES

Also, I nottice that the customer status mod take the IP addy and host...

How can I make this information show on the main admin acreen when viewing an order?

Cheers Mate,

Warren

PS Thanks for all the help and keep up with the good work.

• 4 weeks later...
can u upload your oscommece with costumer status integrated and fully functional?

I download it from ur site but dont work... i'have many problem until beginning!

I have the same problem. I am not good at programming, but I know the roots of html and php. But I can`t install this mod. No way. I tried your every oscommerce you provided on your site. I tried installing point by point Customer Status 3. I lost all Saturday and Sunday (about 20 h) still don`t now how force this to work. Maybe You can make a copy of your store and an aditional one file with SQL queries. The installation for first oscommerce users could be by unziping your packed files and running one sql file.

Thanks for your mod, i need it so much that I can lost all my past work in oscommerce by innstalling new store with your upgrade. :)

i've tried to install the customers status module 3 times now. i've completely started over 3 times. 3 days solid of work.

i am not smart enough to do this i guess???

no matter what status the customer is, it wont display the price. always says "can't see price" or whatever it says.

i also get a fatal errors in the ot_xmembers.php in the admin.

isn't this file supposed to work? considering i dont think i messed it up. i'm sure i messed many things up.

please email me or i guess post here.

i am willing to pay you for your time.

i give up. this is the hardest contrib to install. but the clients love it!!

take care i have got no time to make it working for ms1 and can not publish mid work already made for instance (i have also added some change / new feature...)

i think the can't see price is maybe because you didn't set the default status for customer to see price or somethink like that.

however wo an url i can not help more