• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How can I change about us page?

justmeir

Hi,

I'm trying to change about us page so I downloaded about us php script but didn't understand how to change the text?

Can somebody help me with this :rolleyes:

For more information you can check here

Looking forward to hear from you!

With Regards,

Meir

You have to download and edit the file in the english directory. Are you asking what file to edit or how to edit it?

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

You have to download and edit the file in the english directory. Are you asking what file to edit or how to edit it?

Jack

I have the same question. I can edit the file. I just need to know which it is.

When I go into index I see this script.

<td class="main"><?php echo tep_customer_greeting(); ?></td>

However, when I go into the functions directory there are so many files so full of functions that I don't know where to begin to find customer greeting. And I don't like to mess with function files. THAT can get you into major trouble quickly when you don't know what you are doing.

I have the same question. I can edit the file. I just need to know which it is.

When I go into index I see this script.

<td class="main"><?php echo tep_customer_greeting(); ?></td>

However, when I go into the functions directory there are so many files so full of functions that I don't know where to begin to find customer greeting. And I don't like to mess with function files. THAT can get you into major trouble quickly when you don't know what you are doing.

I know that it is not proper nettiquette to reply to yourself. But I found it. So to the original poster. In the english file in the languages, toward the bottom there is this line..

define('TEXT_GREETING_GUEST ....

Use a good text editor (not Word or any other word processor) and edit to what you want

Edie

Actually, justmeir should probably look in /catalog/includes/languages/english/about_us.php

The code you want to change is probably here:

define('TEXT_INFORMATION', 'Put here your Privacy Notice information.');

In that code, change the text:

Put here your Privacy Notice information.

To what you want.

The main proviso is if you have a single tick mark (') in the code, you MUST precede it with a slash (\).

A rudimentary example:

define('TEXT_INFORMATION', 'I can\'t tell you what the privacy information is because I haven\'t edited the code on my site yet.<br><br>
It won\'t be very long until that happens, so you shouldn\'t have to wait much longer to find out.');

I've even inserted some HTML in the example because you'll need to use that there as well.

I hope this helps.

If I suggest you edit any file(s) make a backup first - I'm not perfect and neither are you.

"Given enough impetus a parallelogramatically shaped projectile can egress a circular orifice."

- Me -

"Headers already sent" - The definitive help

"Cannot redeclare ..." - How to find/fix it

SSL Implementation Help

Like this post? "Like" it again over there >

Actually, justmeir should probably look in /catalog/includes/languages/english/about_us.php

The code you want to change is probably here:

define('TEXT_INFORMATION', 'Put here your Privacy Notice information.');

In that code, change the text:

To what you want.

The main proviso is if you have a single tick mark (') in the code, you MUST precede it with a slash (\).

A rudimentary example:

define('TEXT_INFORMATION', 'I can\'t tell you what the privacy information is because I haven\'t edited the code on my site yet.<br><br>
It won\'t be very long until that happens, so you shouldn\'t have to wait much longer to find out.');

I've even inserted some HTML in the example because you'll need to use that there as well.

I hope this helps.

When I'm trying to check about_us.php file I see this... and I don't difine ('text_information' , ... so can you help me to find that?

this is the code:

<?php
/*
 $Id: privacy.php,v 1.22 2003/06/05 23:26:23 hpdl Exp $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions
 http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright (c) 2003 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License
*/

require('includes/application_top.php');

require(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '/' . FILENAME_ABOUT_US);

$breadcrumb->add(NAVBAR_TITLE, tep_href_link(FILENAME_ABOUT_US));
?>
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
<html <?php echo HTML_PARAMS; ?>>
<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=<?php echo CHARSET; ?>">
<title><?php echo TITLE; ?></title>
<base href="<?php echo (($request_type == 'SSL') ? HTTPS_SERVER : HTTP_SERVER) . DIR_WS_CATALOG; ?>">
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="stylesheet.css">
</head>
<body marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" topmargin="0" bottommargin="0" leftmargin="0" rightmargin="0">
<!-- header //-->
<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'header.php'); ?>
<!-- header_eof //-->

<!-- body //-->
<table border="0" width="732" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" style="padding-bottom:3px; ">
 <tr>
  <td align="center">
<table border="0" width="716" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
 <tr>
<td width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" valign="top"><table border="0" width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
<!-- left_navigation //-->
<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'column_left.php'); ?>
<!-- left_navigation_eof //-->
</table></td>
<!-- body_text //-->
<td width="100%" valign="top" style="padding:0px 5px; "><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
  <tr>
	<td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
	  <tr>
		<td class="pageHeading"><?php $info_box_contents = array();
$info_box_contents[] = array('text' => HEADING_TITLE); new infoBoxHeading1($info_box_contents, true, true, false);?></td>

</tr>
	</table></td>
  </tr>
  <tr>
	<td height="399"  class="infoBox1" valign="top"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
  <tr>
	<td><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '100%', '10'); ?></td>
  </tr>
  <tr>
	<td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
	  <tr>
		<td class="main"><?php echo TEXT_INFORMATION; ?></td>
	  </tr>
	</table></td>
  </tr>
  <tr>
	<td><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '100%', '10'); ?></td>
  </tr>
  <tr>
	<td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="2" class="infoBox">
	  <tr class="infoBoxContents">
		<td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
		  <tr>
			<td width="10"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '10', '1'); ?></td>
			<td align="right"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT) . '">' . tep_image_button('button_continue.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_CONTINUE) . '</a>'; ?></td>
			<td width="10"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '10', '1'); ?></td>
		  </tr>
		</table></td>
	  </tr>
	</table></td>
  </tr> </table></td>
  </tr>
  <tr>
		<td><?php  new infoBoxFooter(''); ?></td>
	</tr>  
</table></td>
<!-- body_text_eof //-->
<td width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH_RIGHT; ?>" valign="top"><table border="0" width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH_RIGHT; ?>" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
<!-- right_navigation //-->
<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'column_right.php'); ?>
<!-- right_navigation_eof //-->
</table></td>
 </tr>
 </table>
</td>
  </tr>
</table>
<!-- body_eof //-->

<!-- footer //-->
<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'footer.php'); ?>
<!-- footer_eof //-->
<br>
</body>
</html>
<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'application_bottom.php'); ?>

You're looking at the wrong file in the wrong folder.

Reread my last post, and check where I told you to look...

:-"

If I suggest you edit any file(s) make a backup first - I'm not perfect and neither are you.

"Given enough impetus a parallelogramatically shaped projectile can egress a circular orifice."

- Me -

SSL Implementation Help

OOPS!!!

MY BAD!!!

Right file, wrong folder...

:blush:

- Me -

SSL Implementation Help

Sir

Please can you help. I have downloaded a templte called oscdark which is excellent, and my site build is progressing well. However, I do not have a file 'catalog/includes/languages/english/about-us.php'?

Perhaps this was a deliberate removal by the people who built the template?

However, I would like to describe what my company does and place photographs alongside the text to paint a reasonable picture. Can you advise ?

Many thanks

Steve

An about us page isn't part of the standard shop. You have to add it. See the above menu: Network->Knowledge Base for how to do that.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Archived