• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

FX_Email_Verification

Hi!

I am really interested in this contribution, but I have a old store and I can NOT replace the files, which already exist...

Can anybody write a txt with the steps for a old store, please?

I will be eternally grateful...

Thanks in advance!

Edited by rmatcar

• 1 year later...

HI!

first of all: thanks for this contribution - great job. Since I belong to the group of peolple with quite low php comptence, I hope for some help after looking through the forum without success.

After implenting FX_Email_Verification v4.1 in my oscommerce-2.3.1 most seems to work absolutely fine. Just one problem with the create account page I can not solve. The text I entered in the "catalog/includes/languages/english/create_account_redirect.php" is displayed correctly, but it kind of 'hijacks' the text area/field/table that formerly displayed the terms & Conditions (by contrib MATC_v2.3.4). The same field I use at the checkout process, there everything still works correctly displaying the T&C.

I tried to find any kind of double terms (e.g. identical nomenclature in bothe contribs) as well as careful check of the prior/after file versionss but I seem to be either blind or simply to incompetent to find anything.

Is there anybody out there who experienced the same problem and found a solution?

Thanks for any kind of hint.

ps: other contributions I used so far in this shop are Super_Download_Store_2.3.x (R1), SLiCK reCaptcha 1.0.0 for OSC 2.3.1, osc_qd_1.0.1 and Tax Info

• 3 months later...

Dear anybody,

I installed this last night as it was better than my original system but I have two issues.

1. In the Verify Customers panel in Admin when I press 'Update' I constantly get the error " The values entered as the account verification date must be seperated by a dash "-"" This is annoying because there is nowhere for me to change the date in the Admin section. I have the 'Account verification start date (yyyy-MM-dd)' in the Settings panel and I assume that there is supposed to be a box to type the date in but not on mine.

cus_veri_sett.JPG

As a consequence of this error the script will not update the database. Is this just me? The files in the admin folder where new files, so I didn't have to merge anything, just a straight copy over. The only file I had to mess around with was create_account.php in the root because I already had other things in it.

I have another issue with the e-mail not sending correctly, but I'm assuming it's me and the bad job of merging the file I did.

Any thoughts at all would be welcome.

Regards,

Graham

Not enough time in the day. Need a time machine...

Would build one, but not enough time. Ironically.

Nevermind. Took me all night trying to figure out what was wrong and I still couldn't. In the end I just added the info to the db manually and had to put in a text box on the Verify Customers page in Admin so that I could see and change the Verification Date.

Problem with me or a problem with the script? I don't suppose anyone else has had this problem as I don't see anyone saying so.

Not enough time in the day. Need a time machine...

Would build one, but not enough time. Ironically.

• 2 months later...

Dear anybody,

I installed this last night as it was better than my original system but I have two issues.

1. In the Verify Customers panel in Admin when I press 'Update' I constantly get the error " The values entered as the account verification date must be seperated by a dash "-"" This is annoying because there is nowhere for me to change the date in the Admin section. I have the 'Account verification start date (yyyy-MM-dd)' in the Settings panel and I assume that there is supposed to be a box to type the date in but not on mine.

cus_veri_sett.JPG

As a consequence of this error the script will not update the database. Is this just me? The files in the admin folder where new files, so I didn't have to merge anything, just a straight copy over. The only file I had to mess around with was create_account.php in the root because I already had other things in it.

I have another issue with the e-mail not sending correctly, but I'm assuming it's me and the bad job of merging the file I did.

Any thoughts at all would be welcome.

Regards,

Graham

Hi There

I'm having the exact same problem. I'm not receiving the activation email either. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• 2 months later...

hi there,

this is my first post and i really stuck with this problem @g2777

can you please explain me how do you just validate a user in the admin panel?

i get the same error " The values entered as the account verification date must be seperated by a dash "-"" "

and need this option to activate a user (because we have customers they forget to change there passwort).

I Hope anoyne can help me with this, i would really appreciate it.

and sry for my bad english, its not my native :)

• 1 year later...

Been struggling with this all day (with the osc 2.3 version on the addon), I have also had the 'upate' error warning about the date values not being seperated by a "-".

As g2777 pointed out the db is not being updated, and there is no field to enter the date in the admin page.

On closer inspection of the admin page there seems to be a bit of code missing around line 317.

from the addon it reads:

<tr class="dataTableRow">
		 <td class="dataTableContent"> 
		 Account verification
		 start date (yyyy-MM-dd)</td>
		 <script language="javascript">
		 bgnVerify.writeControl(); bgnVerify.dateFormat="yyyy-MM-dd";</script></td>
		 </tr>

I added an input box to it (after the </script> tag) and all seems to be working, at least no more errors and the db is updating

the lines now read:

<tr class="dataTableRow">
		 Account verification
		 start date (yyyy-MM-dd)</td>
		 <script language="javascript">
		 bgnVerify.writeControl(); bgnVerify.dateFormat="yyyy-MM-dd";</script>
		 <?php echo tep_draw_input_field('bgn_verify_date', ACCOUNT_VERIFY_DATE, 'size="10"'); ?></td>
		 </tr>

I remember having this problem when I tried to add this to my 2.2 store, so I guess the same solution may work for 2.2 as well B)

Edited by ReDYeViL