• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Paypal Error Dumps!

MJP

Paypal Error Dumps sends credit card info in email? It's a little surprising and scary to see this with all the talk about submitting CC#'s through email. (and I've seen people post their error dumps on this message board with full credit card details!). Does paypal do this intentionally? Are they aware of it? Has anyone talked to paypal about this?

PayPal doesn't send error dumps. Turn off Debug Mode in your PayPal module. It's not expected to be turned on all the time.

Also upgrade to the latest version of the PayPal module as that information gets masked out.

Edited by dynamoeffects

Please use the forums for support! I am happy to help you here, but I am unable to offer free technical support over instant messenger or e-mail.

PayPal doesn't send error dumps. Turn off Debug Mode in your PayPal module. It's not expected to be turned on all the time.

Also upgrade to the latest version of the PayPal module as that information gets masked out.

Thanks Brian. Was concerned there for a moment after testing a reason for an error using a customers credit card with debug mode to true. Upgrading did mask out the CC info.