• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

All-In-One fckEditor and osCMS

gediweb

Hi all, I just installed the all-in-one fckeditor. It works perfect on Product descriptions. Now I want to add it to more than just the product descriptions. I would like to add it to a contribution I downloaded: osCMS. It's a great contribution as well, but does not have a WYSIWYG. Does anyone know how to go about doing this? On the instructions for all-in-one fckeditor, it says

"FCKeditor is very easy to install and is completely usable sitewide, in place of virtually any textarea or textbox." I just dont know enough I guess to add it to osCMS.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi all, I just installed the all-in-one fckeditor. It works perfect on Product descriptions. Now I want to add it to more than just the product descriptions. I would like to add it to a contribution I downloaded: osCMS. It's a great contribution as well, but does not have a WYSIWYG. Does anyone know how to go about doing this? On the instructions for all-in-one fckeditor, it says

"FCKeditor is very easy to install and is completely usable sitewide, in place of virtually any textarea or textbox." I just dont know enough I guess to add it to osCMS.

try this:

CHANGE LINE 205 of admin/cms_content.php

<td class="main" valign="top"><?php echo tep_draw_textarea_field('content_text[' . $i . ']', 'soft', '100', '25', $content_text[$i]); ?></td>

to:

<td class="main" valign="top"><?php echo tep_draw_fckeditor('content_text[' . $i . ']', 'soft', '600', '400', $content_text[$i]); ?></td>

I love oscommerce and OS software! I'm not a programmer, I'm only a learning boy and a translator :) I love full contribution packages!

try this (if the previous doesn't work):

<td class="main" valign="top"><?php echo tep_draw_textarea_field('content_text[' . $i . ']', 'soft', '100', '25', $content_text[$i]); ?></td>

to:

<td class="main" valign="top"><?php echo tep_draw_fckeditor('content_text[' . $i . ']', '600', '400', $content_text[$i]); ?></td>

I love oscommerce and OS software! I'm not a programmer, I'm only a learning boy and a translator :) I love full contribution packages!

try this (if the previous doesn't work):

to:

<td class="main" valign="top"><?php echo tep_draw_fckeditor('content_text[' . $i . ']', '600', '400', $content_text[$i]); ?></td>

Thanks, Luca, this one worked like a charm!

• 8 months later...
Thanks, Luca, this one worked like a charm!

I used this, but for some reason, for every line break that can be seen in the editor a <br /> is added when previewing the text.

For example, in editor's source:

Hello<br />
How do you do

The same thing in preview looks:

Hello<br /><br />
How do you do

When I save it and go back to editing, I can only see one <br /> tag, but when previewing it displays 2.

This is only a problem in osCMS content, I do now have the same problem when editing product descriptions with FCKEditor.

In product editing, the include is a bit more complicated:

echo tep_draw_fckeditor('products_description[' . $languages[$i]['id'] . ']','600','300',(isset($products_description[$languages[$i]['id']]) ? stripslashes($products_description[$languages[$i]['id']]) : tep_get_products_description($pInfo->products_id, $languages[$i]['id'])));

Suggestions?

I used this, but for some reason, for every line break that can be seen in the editor a <br /> is added when previewing the text.

For example, in editor's source:

Hello<br />
How do you do

The same thing in preview looks:

Hello<br /><br />
How do you do

When I save it and go back to editing, I can only see one <br /> tag, but when previewing it displays 2.

This is only a problem in osCMS content, I do now have the same problem when editing product descriptions with FCKEditor.

In product editing, the include is a bit more complicated:

echo tep_draw_fckeditor('products_description[' . $languages[$i]['id'] . ']','600','300',(isset($products_description[$languages[$i]['id']]) ? stripslashes($products_description[$languages[$i]['id']]) : tep_get_products_description($pInfo->products_id, $languages[$i]['id'])));

Suggestions?

The solution was to remove nl2br functions from cms related php files (cms.php and cms_content.php in admin I believe).

The solution was to remove nl2br functions from cms related php files (cms.php and cms_content.php in admin I believe).

Great Contribution. Works well.

Where do I find the text to change all the Titles in Admin/FCKeditor area to english

Title

FCKeditor verwenden Comments: Soll der HTML-Editor für Beschreibungen benutzt werden?

Höhe FCKeditor Comments: Höhe der Eingabefelder in Pixel bei Verwendung des FCK-Editors.

Thanks

Frederick C Brace,III PA-C

www.21st-tees.com (osc)

www.tanda-designs.com (osc)

• 2 weeks later...
Great Contribution. Works well.

Where do I find the text to change all the Titles in Admin/FCKeditor area to english

Title

FCKeditor verwenden Comments: Soll der HTML-Editor für Beschreibungen benutzt werden?

Höhe FCKeditor Comments: Höhe der Eingabefelder in Pixel bei Verwendung des FCK-Editors.

Thanks

I found my own answer to this. All of these titles are database entries in the configuration file for FCKeditor and may be changed to English if you feel safe editing your database.

Use Freetranslation.com to convert from German to English

Frederick C Brace,III PA-C

www.21st-tees.com (osc)

www.tanda-designs.com (osc)