• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Sign in to follow this  
dcwebpixie

How to use $content tag

Has anyone worked with the New Pages Contribution in conjunction with STS? The site is just about done and I used the $content tag for the main category template and it works great.

However, I now have general pages such as FAQs, Site Map, etc. I placed the $content tag on the template to pull the content but it is not working. Do I need to have specific PHP code on the page where my content is? Do I need to have specific PHP code on the actual template itself? Otherwise, how does it know where to pull the content from? I have all other pages with the download in the appropriate areas and with what seems to be the appropriate code.

The problem is this...

My template is filed under sts_templates/test/faqs.php.html (this is the template design with a blank table and the $content tag in the table where the content should feed into). There is no current PHP code on this template.

My actual page with content is filed under languages/english/faqs.php (I have only content on this page with some PHP code as downloaded with the New Page Contribution)

The problem is that when I go to the live faqs.php page it does not pull the template. So, it just shows up as a white page with some content.

The PHP code that was already on this page with the download is (I changed the page name to match mine)

<?php

/*

$Id: shipping.php,v 1.4 2002/11/19 01:48:08 dgw_ Exp $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions

http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright © 2002 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License

Use this page as a template for any new pages that you want for your store.

In the code below, substitute 'Newpage Template' for the actual name of your new page.

*/

define('NAVBAR_TITLE', 'Faqs');

define('HEADING_TITLE', 'Faqs');

define('TEXT_INFORMATION', '<p><b><font size="4">T</font></b>his is our newpage template.</a></p>');

define('TEXT_MAIN', 'content goes here');

?>

Thanks.