• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Clean RC2 install, want to use PayPal

wondernet

there are 5 PayPal options to use, do I need all of them installed and live or can I just choose one?

I've updated my PayPal acocunt to Business, and can get my API Credentials (this from paypal page):

Credential: API Certificate

Registrant: [name]

API Username: [api user]

API Password: [api pass]

Request Date: [api date]

and I can download my API certificate, which looks something like

-----BEGIN RSA PRIVATE KEY----- MIICXQIBAAKBgQC ... .... ApGO/NfioZBnoJ3nHBAdUdhMr5FYGj6bKVyH4= -----END CERTIFICATE-----

Do I use the simple-sounding Express Checkout in the admin/modules/payment list, this seems to have the same kid of information I can get from PayPal easily .. but when I tried it, and did a dummy purchase it went past the payment page saying "This is currently the only payment method available to use on this order. " without saying what the option is, and then on to a successful purchase ... without option for payment with PayPal.

Could anyone point my in the right direction please?

I've set OSC to use the Express Checkout,, with the details I think should be entered, but on ordering the process ignores the payment stage and just goes straight through to 'thanks for ordering' .. .. huh? No ideas why, could someone help please?

on the order and account/order pages there is no billing information listed, and the oder page only shows

Payment Method

This is currently the only payment method available to use on this order.

with no title or checkbox. PayPal Express Checkout is obviously not working. Shoudl I try another or is there something else I need to change in the admin area to get to work?

Anyone?

This is the last hurdle, once I can sort this I can launch the site. Anyone able to point me in a direction that mihgt sort this? I've searched through the posts here and found nothing that I can see as a solution.

OK ... my fault, I'd changed every setting except the one that changes it to 'enabled'.

Egg on face.

However .. new issue ... in the checkout process I get big red heading saying "Security header is not valid" ... ??