• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Header Tags SEO

Jack_mcs

hi everyone

I have a weird issue going on within index.php to do with the site title and page title

I have the default Title: tag set to the stores name

however when i click thru categories only the stores name and a - afterwards is displayed

if i remove the default Title: tag and relaod the page then the category title loads

I want to have it so it says PAGE TITLE - SITE TITLE

but form some reason this isnt happeneing and one doesnt appear to be appending to the other

Im using STS as well if it makes a difference and i have been over the tags installation with a fine tooth comb and have also applied the 3.1.1 update to it

anyone have any ideas whats going on?

product_info.php page isnt affected by this and works well

I found tow version of Header Tags Controller, Header Tags SEO and Header Tags Controller .

Header Tags SEO = Header Tags Controller ? what is the difference between them? which one is better?

They're not the same. This one is the only one being updated and fully supported.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

I have the default Title: tag set to the stores name

however when i click thru categories only the stores name and a - afterwards is displayed

if i remove the default Title: tag and relaod the page then the category title loads

I want to have it so it says PAGE TITLE - SITE TITLE

but form some reason this isnt happeneing and one doesnt appear to be appending to the other

Im using STS as well if it makes a difference and i have been over the tags installation with a fine tooth comb and have also applied the 3.1.1 update to it

You have to click the Default Title and Root checkbox's for index.php in Page Control.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack

I've just upgraded to the latest version, although I believe this error may have existed beforehand.

When I go to 'Page Control' and select any file from the drop down menu I get the following SQL error:

1054 - Unknown column 'append_product' in 'field list'

select page_title, page_description, page_keywords, page_logo, append_default_title as opt_0, append_default_description as opt_1, append_default_keywords as opt_2, append_default_logo as opt_3, append_category as opt_4, append_manufacturer as opt_5, append_product as opt_6, append_root as opt_7, sortorder_title as opt_8, sortorder_description as opt_9, sortorder_keywords as opt_10, sortorder_logo as opt_11, sortorder_category as opt_12, sortorder_manufacturer as opt_13, sortorder_product as opt_14, sortorder_root as opt_15 from headertags where page_name like 'index.php' and language_id = '1' LIMIT 1

[TEP STOP]

Do you know what could be wrong with the DB and what I could run to fix it?

Thanks,

Ben

Does it happen everytime? That will happen on some installs the first time it is ran. But subsequent tries work fine. If it fails everytime, then there is a problem with the database, in which case you should run the uninstall and install scripts to clear and reload it.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I have just installed this on a copy of my site and all seems well apart from the following error when visiting administration/header tags seo/page control:-

Warning: opendir(/XXXXXX/) [function.opendir]: failed to open dir: No such file or directory in /XXXXXXX/admin/includes/functions/header_tags.php on line 15

Failed to open dir

any ideas? I have checked the code and can't see any problems.

Hi,

Can somebody please help me to get category title in meta tag title. I have updated from header tags 6.2.3 to htseo 3.1.1. Everything works ok behalf if I click on categories. I see default title, description and keywords. I have tried with fill tags but without success.

thanks

regards

Does it happen everytime? That will happen on some installs the first time it is ran. But subsequent tries work fine. If it fails everytime, then there is a problem with the database, in which case you should run the uninstall and install scripts to clear and reload it.

Jack

Thankyou Jack. Running both the uninstall & install files solved the problem.

Are you going to be providing support for the version of Google XML Sitemap SEO you uploaded? I have permission errors when I view the files.

Are you going to be providing support for the version of Google XML Sitemap SEO you uploaded? I have permission errors when I view the files.
Yes, in its support thread, which I see I forgot to show in the contribution.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

What are your checkbox settings in Page Control for the index.php page and the default section?

Jack

hi Jack

actually nothing now ...I have tried with few different check boxes and combinations but same problem....

if I check any box in index.php page than i see warning Error Missing sort orders are not allowed -> index.php

what checkbox settings i need to have to get title in page title?

regards

ACA requires an addon for to work with a cotnribution and one has not been written for this contribution, as far as I know, so that is probably the problem. Header Tags SEO works fine with TinyMCE. The code for it is even included in the files in the package.

Jack

I can see in instructions for install_admin.txt following "If you would like to use the TinyMCE editor with the description fields of

Header Tags, install the TinyMCE Anywhere contribution from http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/4852. The instructions will explain to add the

following code to the file:.....code follow... - but it does not say which file. B)

actually nothing now ...I have tried with few different check boxes and combinations but same problem....

if I check any box in index.php page than i see warning Error Missing sort orders are not allowed -> index.php

Then you need to set the sort orders as mentioned in the docs.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I can see in instructions for install_admin.txt following "If you would like to use the TinyMCE editor with the description fields of

Header Tags, install the TinyMCE Anywhere contribution from http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/4852. The instructions will explain to add the

following code to the file:.....code follow... - but it does not say which file. B)

It refers to the instructions in that contribution. Or you can compare yours to the included categories.php file.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I am trying to include the model number in the title tag, but am having some difficulties with it.

Since I do not use the manufacturer anywhere, I thought it should be easy to modify those references with the model number, but alas, it is not working...

I am no programmer at all, so that might be the reason :P

What I tried is to change this

$manStr = "select mi.manufacturers_htc_title_tag as htc_title_tag, mi.manufacturers_htc_desc_tag as htc_desc_tag, mi.manufacturers_htc_keywords_tag as htc_keywords_tag from " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " m LEFT JOIN " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS_INFO . " mi on m.manufacturers_id = mi.manufacturers_id where m.manufacturers_id = '" . (int)$_GET['manufacturers_id'] . "' and mi.languages_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'";

into

$manStr = "select products_model as htc_title_tag from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " where products_id = '" .  (int)$_GET['products_model'] . "' and language_id ='" .  (int)$languages_id . "'";

and

$manStr = "select mi.manufacturers_htc_title_tag as htc_title_tag, mi.manufacturers_htc_desc_tag as htc_desc_tag, mi.manufacturers_htc_keywords_tag as htc_keywords_tag from " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " m LEFT JOIN " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS_INFO . " mi on m.manufacturers_id = mi.manufacturers_id  where m.manufacturers_id = '" . (int)$the_product_info['manufacturers_id'] . "' and mi.languages_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' LIMIT 1";

into

$manStr = "select products_model from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " where products_id = '" . (int)$the_product_info['products_model'] . "'";

But unfortunately this doesn't work and breaks lots of things...

Again, I have never coded before so I probably made lots of mistakes and was hoping that someone can shed some light on how to add the model number into the title tag by replacing the code for manufacturer.

Thanks,

Paul

Edited by tfbpa

It refers to the instructions in that contribution. Or you can compare yours to the included categories.php file.

Jack

Thanks Jack. I can see now in new files that the code for tinyMCE have to be uncommented in categoty.php.

But I am still confuse with tinyMCE. I am trying to install Article Manager v1.57_1 and it say that Header Tags SEO need to be installed to use this version. It also said that WYSIWYG HTML Area editor (MS2 v1.7) does need to be installed. But I would like to use an some kind of editor for articles. Do I have to install HTML area editor ot tinyMCE can be used for article editing? :huh:

Then you need to set the sort orders as mentioned in the docs.

Jack

Hi Jack

still problem...I see that i have problem only with index.php in the PageControl. Other files working good. I'm also not able to change or add title and other tags in index.php, it shows still default tags. I have tired with different sort orders but the problem still exist. strange...i can see wel changes in database direct what i made in pagecontrol/index.php but it doesn't appear in the site.

I have also tested like this : removed default title and added title in index.php....no check boxes...than i see nothing in the page title.

please help

rgd

I am trying to include the model number in the title tag, but am having some difficulties with it.

Try this instead. In includes/header_tags.php, find this line

$the_product_info_query = tep_db_query("select p.products_id, pd.products_head_title_tag, pd.products_head_keywords_tag, pd.products_head_desc_tag, p.manufacturers_id from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p left join " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd on p.products_id = pd.products_id where p.products_id = '" . (int)$_GET['products_id'] . "' and pd.language_id ='" .  $languages_id . "'");

and change it to

$the_product_info_query = tep_db_query("select p.products_id, p.products_model, pd.products_head_title_tag, pd.products_head_keywords_tag, pd.products_head_desc_tag, p.manufacturers_id from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p left join " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd on p.products_id = pd.products_id where p.products_id = '" . (int)$_GET['products_id'] . "' and pd.language_id ='" .  $languages_id . "'");

Then find this line (a few lines down from the above)

$sortOrder['title'][$pageTags['sortorder_root']] = $pageTags['page_title'];

and change it to

$sortOrder['title'][$pageTags['sortorder_root']] = $pageTags['page_title'] . ' - ' . $the_product_info['products_model'];

I haven't tested it but I think it will do waht you want.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Thanks Jack. I can see now in new files that the code for tinyMCE have to be uncommented in categoty.php.

But I am still confuse with tinyMCE. I am trying to install Article Manager v1.57_1 and it say that Header Tags SEO need to be installed to use this version. It also said that WYSIWYG HTML Area editor (MS2 v1.7) does need to be installed. But I would like to use an some kind of editor for articles. Do I have to install HTML area editor ot tinyMCE can be used for article editing? :huh:

You can use either, although html area has problems and is no longer supported. But these questions don't have to do with Header Tags and should be asked in the correct support thread.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I have also tested like this : removed default title and added title in index.php....no check boxes...than i see nothing in the page title.

That's correct. With neither enabled, you are telling it not to use a title.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

That's correct. With neither enabled, you are telling it not to use a title.

Jack

sorry i wasn't clear.

I need to have title on index page different than default title..that was the meaning....i have removed title from default and wrote title in index.php...but happens nothing, empty title.....i have also tried with few checkboxes but i didn't get title in page title....do you have any example (also with categories title in page title) with all settings?

thanks in advance

goxy

Try this. Go to Page Control and uncheck everything in the default section (right column) and update. Refresh the page to make sure nothing is set there. Then click on the left dropdown and select index.php. Type something in the Title string box. Click on the root checkbox and set the sort order to some unique value. Update it and refresh the page to make sure the settings are as described. Go to your home page and refresh it. If the text you just entered doesn't show up, then youv'e made a mistake in the installation.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I have just installed this on a copy of my site and all seems well apart from the following error when visiting administration/header tags seo/page control:-

Warning: opendir(/XXXXXX/) [function.opendir]: failed to open dir: No such file or directory in /XXXXXXX/admin/includes/functions/header_tags.php on line 15

Failed to open dir

any ideas? I have checked the code and can't see any problems.

Same problem here. In a testshop on the same server, but in subdirectory, everything works 100%. Liveshop however is placed in the root. In admin/includes/functions/headertags.php I put "includes/" after several instances of DIR_FS_CATALOG. Error was gone then, but list of files was not available.

If it works in one directory and not another, then either the configure files are not setup properly or there was a mistake in the installation.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons