• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Header Tags SEO

Jack_mcs

I'mnot sure I understand the question but if you are asking why the category name isn't appearing in the title, my guess is that you don't have the category checkbox checked in page control for the index page or fill tags hasn't been ran for categories.

Google decides what they list. They will sometimes use the meta tag information but will usually make it up from the text on the page. MSN and Yahoo are more likely to use the meta description text.

Jack

Hi Jack

The Index page and the product pages are fine. The index page uses the default tags set in the RHS of the control page. The product page has only the product checkbox checked and only the product name appears in the tilte bar of the browser.

However when I view a category page it is the default title tag that appears at the top of the category page, not the name of the category. In the control page for the allcategories.php I only have the category checkbox checked.

It appears as though whatever I check on teh allcategories page (LHS of the control page) it still uses the default tags from the RHS.

Does that explain it or have I confused things even more.

Many Thanks

Garry

I don't know what allcategories.php is but the categores are displayed by the index.php file so it sounds like you are editing the wrong file in Page Control.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

I am just filling in the pages of the header tags, but I have got a strange question:

One of my pages (industry_faq.php) gives the header tags of another page (faq.php), but another page (professionals_faq.php) gives the correct information???

I can not understand what seems to go wrong.....

p.s. content of the two pages (industry_faq.php and professionals_faq.php) is identical except the breadcrumb and the language files off course...

Can someone help me? Because the header tags are now completely useless...

I don't know why that might happen. I made a copy of the contact_us file, thinking the last part of the file name was confusing the code but the title for both files, contact_us and test_us, works as expected. I suppose the code that gets the page name from the server is not working on your server for some reason, but that isn't something I can help you with in a support thread.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi, Jack !!!

This contrib is awesome, but as you could read some topics before (http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=298099&view=findpost&p=1345444) I have such a big problem because I need your contrib running and I don't know how to do that change I posted, and I can't simply unistall enable/disable categories contrib because i have installed other 5 later (too much time :angry: )

Could you please help me? I don't understand how the code works :blush:

Thank you very much.

Note: Sorry, but my english is not too good.

Hi, Jack !!!

This contrib is awesome, but as you could read some topics before (http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=298099&view=findpost&p=1345444) I have such a big problem because I need your contrib running and I don't know how to do that change I posted, and I can't simply unistall enable/disable categories contrib because i have installed other 5 later (too much time :angry: )

Could you please help me? I don't understand how the code works :blush:

I don't offer free support for integrating any of my contributions with others because there is a never ending list of them and I just don't have the time.

Jack

Edited by Jack_mcs

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I don't know why that might happen. I made a copy of the contact_us file, thinking the last part of the file name was confusing the code but the title for both files, contact_us and test_us, works as expected. I suppose the code that gets the page name from the server is not working on your server for some reason, but that isn't something I can help you with in a support thread.

Jack

Created new file industry_qa.php this works! But it remains a bit strange why it did not work with another name....

Thanks Jack

The manufacturer can be displayed by checking the manufacturer box in page control for the product info page.You would have to change the code for the model to be displayed. That would be handled in includes/functions/header_tags.php.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi,

i have a problem with the installation of this contribution. I can't find some parts of code I should replace in my index.php (step 3 of the Install_Cataloge). For exmple I can't find the line with

<td class="pageHeading"><?php echo HEADING_TITLE; ?></td>
   <td class="pageHeading" align="right"><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $category['categories_image'], $category['categories_name'], HEADING_IMAGE_WIDTH, HEADING_IMAGE_HEIGHT); ?></td>
  </tr>

Here is my index.php file:

<?php
/*
 $Id: index.php,v 1.1 2003/06/11 17:37:59 hpdl Exp $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions
 [url="http://www.oscommerce.com"]http://www.oscommerce.com[/url]

Copyright © 2003 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License
*/

require('includes/application_top.php');

// the following cPath references come from application_top.php
 $category_depth = 'top';
 if (isset($cPath) && tep_not_null($cPath)) {
   $categories_products_query = tep_db_query("select count(*) as total from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " where categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "'");
   $cateqories_products = tep_db_fetch_array($categories_products_query);
   if ($cateqories_products['total'] > 0) {
     $category_depth = 'products'; // display products
   } else {
     $category_parent_query = tep_db_query("select count(*) as total from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " where parent_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "'");
     $category_parent = tep_db_fetch_array($category_parent_query);
     if ($category_parent['total'] > 0) {
       $category_depth = 'nested'; // navigate through the categories
     } else {
       $category_depth = 'products'; // category has no products, but display the 'no products' message
     }
   }
 }

require(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '/' . FILENAME_DEFAULT);
?>
<!doctype html public "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
<html <?php echo HTML_PARAMS; ?>>
<head>
<?php
/*** Begin Header Tags SEO ***/
if ( file_exists(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'header_tags.php') ) {
 require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'header_tags.php');
} else {
?>
 <title><?php echo TITLE; ?></title>
<?php
}
/*** End Header Tags SEO ***/
?>
<base href="<?php echo (($request_type == 'SSL') ? HTTPS_SERVER : HTTP_SERVER) . DIR_WS_CATALOG; ?>">
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="stylesheet.css">
</head>
<body marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" topmargin="0" bottommargin="0" leftmargin="0" rightmargin="0">
<!-- header //-->
<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'header.php'); ?>
<!-- header_eof //-->

<!-- body //-->
<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
 <tr>
   <td valign="top" class="col_left">
<!-- left_navigation //-->
<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'column_left.php'); ?>
<!-- left_navigation_eof //-->
   </td>
<!-- body_text //-->
<?php
if ($category_depth == 'nested') {
   $category_query = tep_db_query("select cd.categories_name, c.categories_image, cd.categories_htc_title_tag, cd.categories_htc_description from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " cd where c.categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "' and cd.categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "' and cd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");
   /*** end Header Tags SEO ***/
   $category = tep_db_fetch_array($category_query);
?>
   <td width="100%" class="col_center">

<?php tep_draw_heading_top();?>

<?php new contentBoxHeading_ProdNew($info_box_contents);?>

<?php tep_draw_heading_top_3();?>

<table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" border="0"><tr><td height="6"></td></tr></table>
                                        <table border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" align="center" class="box_width_cont product">
                                                <tr>
<?php
if (isset($cPath) && strpos('_', $cPath)) {
// check to see if there are deeper categories within the current category
  $category_links = array_reverse($cPath_array);
  for($i=0, $n=sizeof($category_links); $i<$n; $i++) {
	$categories_query = tep_db_query("select count(*) as total from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " cd where c.parent_id = '" . (int)$category_links[$i] . "' and c.categories_id = cd.categories_id and cd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");
	$categories = tep_db_fetch_array($categories_query);
	if ($categories['total'] < 1) {
	  // do nothing, go through the loop
	} else {
	  $categories_query = tep_db_query("select c.categories_id, cd.categories_name, c.categories_image, c.parent_id from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " cd where c.parent_id = '" . (int)$category_links[$i] . "' and c.categories_id = cd.categories_id and cd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' order by sort_order, cd.categories_name");
	  break; // we've found the deepest category the customer is in
	}
  }
} else {
  $categories_query = tep_db_query("select c.categories_id, cd.categories_name, c.categories_image, c.parent_id from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " cd where c.parent_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "' and c.categories_id = cd.categories_id and cd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' order by sort_order, cd.categories_name");
}

$number_of_categories = tep_db_num_rows($categories_query);
$rows = 0;
while ($categories = tep_db_fetch_array($categories_query)) {

$rows++;
  $cPath_new = tep_get_path($categories['categories_id']);

$p_pic_sub = '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT, $cPath_new) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $categories['categories_image'], $categories['categories_name'], SUBCATEGORY_IMAGE_WIDTH, SUBCATEGORY_IMAGE_HEIGHT) . '</a>';

$p_name_sub = '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT, $cPath_new) . '">' . $categories['categories_name'] . '</a>';

$width = (int)(100 / MAX_DISPLAY_CATEGORIES_PER_ROW) . '%';
  echo '               

<td width="' . $width . '">'.tep_draw_prod_top().'
			<table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" border="0">
				<tr>
					<td class="vam" style="height:43px "><span>'.$p_name_sub.'</span></td>
				</tr>
			</table>'.tep_draw_prod_pic_top().''.$p_pic_sub.''.tep_draw_prod_pic_bottom().'
	'.tep_draw_prod_bottom().'</td>
  ' . "\n";
			  if ($col!=(MAX_DISPLAY_CATEGORIES_PER_ROW-1)){
			  echo '
					<td class="bg_line_y">'.tep_draw_separator('spacer.gif', '32', '1').'</td>					
					';
			  }
			 else{	

if ((($rows / MAX_DISPLAY_CATEGORIES_PER_ROW) == floor($rows / MAX_DISPLAY_CATEGORIES_PER_ROW)) && ($rows != $number_of_categories)) {
	echo '              
</tr><tr><td colspan="'.(MAX_DISPLAY_CATEGORIES_PER_ROW + MAX_DISPLAY_CATEGORIES_PER_ROW -1).'">'.tep_draw_separator('spacer.gif', '1', '10').'</td></tr>' . "\n";
	echo '              <tr>' . "\n";
  }
}
if ($col==MAX_DISPLAY_CATEGORIES_PER_ROW-1){
$col=0;
}else{
$col++;
}
}	

// needed for the new products module shown below
$new_products_category_id = $current_category_id;
?>					

</table>

<?php tep_draw_heading_bottom_3();?>

<?php tep_draw_heading_bottom();  ?>

<?php /*  tep_draw_separate();  */ ?>  <!--  /////////  -->

<?php tep_draw_heading_top();  ?>

<?php new contentBoxHeading_WHATS_NEW($info_box_contents, true, false);?>

<?php include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_NEW_PRODUCTS); ?>

<?php tep_draw_heading_bottom();?>		

</td>
              <!--- BEGIN Header Tags SEO Social Bookmarks -->
         <?php if (HEADER_TAGS_DISPLAY_SOCIAL_BOOKMARKS == 'true') 
          include(DIR_WS_MODULES . 'header_tags_social_bookmarks.php'); 
         ?>
         <!--- END Header Tags SEO Social Bookmarks -->
<?php
 } elseif ($category_depth == 'products' || isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'])) {
// create column list
   $define_list = array('PRODUCT_LIST_MODEL' => PRODUCT_LIST_MODEL,
                        'PRODUCT_LIST_NAME' => PRODUCT_LIST_NAME,
                        'PRODUCT_LIST_MANUFACTURER' => PRODUCT_LIST_MANUFACTURER,
                        'PRODUCT_LIST_PRICE' => PRODUCT_LIST_PRICE,
                        'PRODUCT_LIST_QUANTITY' => PRODUCT_LIST_QUANTITY,
                        'PRODUCT_LIST_WEIGHT' => PRODUCT_LIST_WEIGHT,
                        'PRODUCT_LIST_IMAGE' => PRODUCT_LIST_IMAGE,
                        'PRODUCT_LIST_BUY_NOW' => PRODUCT_LIST_BUY_NOW);

asort($define_list);

$column_list = array();
   reset($define_list);
   while (list($key, $value) = each($define_list)) {
     if ($value > 0) $column_list[] = $key;
   }

$select_column_list = '';

for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($column_list); $i<$n; $i++) {
     switch ($column_list[$i]) {
       case 'PRODUCT_LIST_MODEL':
         $select_column_list .= 'p.products_model, ';
         break;
       case 'PRODUCT_LIST_NAME':
         $select_column_list .= 'pd.products_name, ';
         break;
       case 'PRODUCT_LIST_MANUFACTURER':
         $select_column_list .= 'm.manufacturers_name, ';
         break;
       case 'PRODUCT_LIST_QUANTITY':
         $select_column_list .= 'p.products_quantity, ';
         break;
       case 'PRODUCT_LIST_IMAGE':
         $select_column_list .= 'p.products_image, ';
         break;
       case 'PRODUCT_LIST_WEIGHT':
         $select_column_list .= 'p.products_weight, ';
         break;
     }
   }

// show the products of a specified manufacturer
   if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'])) {
     if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['filter_id']) && tep_not_null($HTTP_GET_VARS['filter_id'])) {
// We are asked to show only a specific category
       $listing_sql = "select " . $select_column_list . " p.products_id, p.manufacturers_id, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) as specials_new_products_price, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as final_price from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p left join " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s on p.products_id = s.products_id, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd, " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " m, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c where p.products_status = '1' and p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id and m.manufacturers_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'] . "' and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and p2c.categories_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['filter_id'] . "'";
     } else {
// We show them all
       $listing_sql = "select " . $select_column_list . " p.products_id, p.manufacturers_id, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) as specials_new_products_price, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as final_price from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p left join " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s on p.products_id = s.products_id, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd, " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " m where p.products_status = '1' and pd.products_id = p.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id and m.manufacturers_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'] . "'";
     }
   } else {
// show the products in a given categorie
     if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['filter_id']) && tep_not_null($HTTP_GET_VARS['filter_id'])) {
// We are asked to show only specific catgeory
       $listing_sql = "select " . $select_column_list . " p.products_id, p.manufacturers_id, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) as specials_new_products_price, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as final_price from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p left join " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s on p.products_id = s.products_id, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd, " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " m, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c where p.products_status = '1' and p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id and m.manufacturers_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['filter_id'] . "' and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and p2c.categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "'";
     } else {
// We show them all
       $listing_sql = "select " . $select_column_list . " p.products_id, p.manufacturers_id, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) as specials_new_products_price, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as final_price from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p left join " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " m on p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id left join " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s on p.products_id = s.products_id, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c where p.products_status = '1' and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and p2c.categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "'";
     }
   }

if ( (!isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['sort'])) || (!ereg('^[1-8][ad]$', $HTTP_GET_VARS['sort'])) || (substr($HTTP_GET_VARS['sort'], 0, 1) > sizeof($column_list)) ) {
     for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($column_list); $i<$n; $i++) {
       if ($column_list[$i] == 'PRODUCT_LIST_NAME') {
         $HTTP_GET_VARS['sort'] = $i+1 . 'a';
         $listing_sql .= " order by pd.products_name";
         break;
       }
     }
   } else {
     $sort_col = substr($HTTP_GET_VARS['sort'], 0 , 1);
     $sort_order = substr($HTTP_GET_VARS['sort'], 1);

switch ($column_list[$sort_col-1]) {
       case 'PRODUCT_LIST_MODEL':
         $listing_sql .= " order by p.products_model " . ($sort_order == 'd' ? 'desc' : '') . ", pd.products_name";
         break;
       case 'PRODUCT_LIST_NAME':
         $listing_sql .= " order by pd.products_name " . ($sort_order == 'd' ? 'desc' : '');
         break;
       case 'PRODUCT_LIST_MANUFACTURER':
         $listing_sql .= " order by m.manufacturers_name " . ($sort_order == 'd' ? 'desc' : '') . ", pd.products_name";
         break;
       case 'PRODUCT_LIST_QUANTITY':
         $listing_sql .= " order by p.products_quantity " . ($sort_order == 'd' ? 'desc' : '') . ", pd.products_name";
         break;
       case 'PRODUCT_LIST_IMAGE':
         $listing_sql .= " order by pd.products_name";
         break;
       case 'PRODUCT_LIST_WEIGHT':
         $listing_sql .= " order by p.products_weight " . ($sort_order == 'd' ? 'desc' : '') . ", pd.products_name";
         break;
       case 'PRODUCT_LIST_PRICE':
         $listing_sql .= " order by final_price " . ($sort_order == 'd' ? 'desc' : '') . ", pd.products_name";
         break;
     }
   }
?>

<?php
// optional Product List Filter
/*      if (PRODUCT_LIST_FILTER > 0) {
       $filterlist_sql = "select distinct c.categories_id as id, cd.categories_name as name from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " cd where p.products_status = '1' and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and p2c.categories_id = c.categories_id and p2c.categories_id = cd.categories_id and cd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and p.manufacturers_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'] . "' order by cd.categories_name";
     } else {
       $filterlist_sql= "select distinct m.manufacturers_id as id, m.manufacturers_name as name from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c, " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " m where p.products_status = '1' and p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and p2c.categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "' order by m.manufacturers_name";
     }
     $filterlist_query = tep_db_query($filterlist_sql);
     if (tep_db_num_rows($filterlist_query) > 1) {
       echo '            <td align="center" class="main">' . tep_draw_form('filter', FILENAME_DEFAULT, 'get') . TEXT_SHOW . ' ';
         echo tep_draw_hidden_field('manufacturers_id', $HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id']);
         $options = array(array('id' => '', 'text' => TEXT_ALL_CATEGORIES));
       } else {
         echo tep_draw_hidden_field('cPath', $cPath);
         $options = array(array('id' => '', 'text' => TEXT_ALL_MANUFACTURERS));
       }
       echo tep_draw_hidden_field('sort', $HTTP_GET_VARS['sort']);
       while ($filterlist = tep_db_fetch_array($filterlist_query)) {
         $options[] = array('id' => $filterlist['id'], 'text' => $filterlist['name']);
       }
       echo tep_draw_pull_down_menu('filter_id', $options, (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['filter_id']) ? $HTTP_GET_VARS['filter_id'] : ''), 'onchange="this.form.submit()"');
       echo tep_hide_session_id() . '</form></td>' . "\n";
     }
   }
 */
// Get the right image for the top-right
   $image = DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'table_background_list.gif';
     $image = tep_db_query("select manufacturers_image from " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " where manufacturers_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'] . "'");
     $image = tep_db_fetch_array($image);
     $image = $image['manufacturers_image'];
   } elseif ($current_category_id) {
     $image = tep_db_query("select categories_image from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " where categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "'");
     $image = tep_db_fetch_array($image);
     $image = $image['categories_image'];
   }
?>
     <?php include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_PRODUCT_LISTING); ?>

</td>
<?php
 } else { // default page
?>

<?php /*  require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'panel_top.php');  */ ?>

<?php /*  new contentBoxHeading_ProdNew($info_box_contents);  */  ?>

<?php include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_NEW_PRODUCTS); ?>
	<?php include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_UPCOMING_PRODUCTS); ?>

</td>
<?php
 }
?>
<!-- body_text_eof //-->
   <td class="col_right">
<!-- right_navigation //-->
<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'column_right.php'); ?>
<!-- right_navigation_eof //-->
   </td>
 </tr>
</table>
<!-- body_eof //-->

<!-- footer //-->
<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'footer.php'); ?>
<!-- footer_eof //--></body>
</html>
<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'application_bottom.php'); ?>

please help me!!!

You have a template installed which has altered the code.The changes can be made but there is no way to write instructions for doing so since there are too many possible variations with templates. You'll need to figure it out or find someone that can do it for you.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

hello,

first of all thank you for this realy useful contrib.

I have a probleme that you might help me solve:

My cinfig:

osc ver 2.2 MC2

php 4.4.4

and MySQL 3.23.58

while passing from V2.5.7 to 3.10 have a problem with product_info.php:

while visiting my web page http://***.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=1

I get le good header and every thing is fine

but when i visit my page http://***.com/catalog/product%20name/

I get a bad header.

I think I have to change something in Rewrite.php but a don't know what.

thank you for your help.

Edited by year

You can't have a space in a url but that is not something this contribution controls. You will need to ask in the appropriate place to get your problem resolved.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi. I just installed the latest version of SEO Header and the following error came up when I accessed manufacturers in the Admin:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_CASE in /home/beadneed/public_html/jake/admin/manufacturers.php on line 232

Here is the part in admin/manufactures that mentions it:

$contents[] = array('text' => '<br>' . TEXT_MANUFACTURERS_URL . $manufacturer_inputs_string);
  $contents[] = array('text' => '<br>' . 'Header Tags Manufacturer Title' . $manufacturer_htc_title_string);
  $contents[] = array('text' => '<br>' . 'Header Tags Manufacturer Description' . $manufacturer_htc_desc_string);
  $contents[] = array('text' => '<br>' . 'Header Tags Manufacturer Keywords' . $manufacturer_htc_keywords_string);
  $contents[] = array('text' => '<br>' . 'Header Tags Manufacturer Description' . $manufacturer_htc_description_string);
  /*** End Header Tags SEO ***/
  $contents[] = array('align' => 'center', 'text' => '<br>' . tep_image_submit('button_save.gif', IMAGE_SAVE) . ' <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_MANUFACTURERS, 'page=' . $HTTP_GET_VARS['page'] . '&mID=' . $HTTP_GET_VARS['mID']) . '">' . tep_image_button('button_cancel.gif', IMAGE_CANCEL) . '</a>');
  break;
  case 'edit':
  $heading[] = array('text' => '<b>' . TEXT_HEADING_EDIT_MANUFACTURER . '</b>');

PLEASE HELP!!! :blush: :blush:

It would appear you made a mistake in the changes for that file. There is one included that can be compared against.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

No, it shouldn't be that way. It is probably due to a mistake in the changes for that page. You should remove all changes on that page and add them one at a time, checking each time, until you find the problem or it works.

Jack

I had the same problem and I downloaded a fresh copy of Oscommerce and then just copied the product_info.php page thank you for your help

I have updated to the most recent HT version a few weeks ago. All of my pages still validate, however I noticed there is whitespace in the title tag of every image. For instance, the source shows

title=" keyword "

. I assume this comes from

echo ' <title>' . $header_tags_array['title'] . '</title>' . "\n";

in the includes folder. Is there a need to correct this?

No, it doesn't matter but the code shouldn't be causing that, at least in my installations it doesn't. Perhaps you entered spaces when you added the keywords?

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi guys,

what is the Database/File Mismatch Error????

Here is the error-

The number of file entries in the database (14) does not match the number in the includes/header_tags.php file (7).
Files not in the includes/header_tags.php file:
 categories.php
 conditions.php
 contact_us.php
 manufacturers.php
 products_new.php
 reviews.php
 shipping.php
 shopping_cart.php

Also, why does it say this:

Failed to open file: /home/beadneed/public_html/jake/empty.php

Failed to open file: /home/beadneed/public_html/jake/Where to Start.php

Please Help :blush: :blush:

The code uses entries in the database to store information about a page and it uses a entry in a file to access that database information. If they don't match, then the missing page won't display tags properly. You can try replacing the includes/header_tags.php file and re-running Add Missing Pages in Page Control. By the way, the

categories.php

manufacturers.php

pages are not normal root files so they may be a mistake.

The last error is specific to your site since empty.php is not an oscommerce file and Where to Start.php is not a valid file due to the spaces in the name. You'll need to look at those files and see what is needed with them.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

The code uses entries in the database to store information about a page and it uses a entry in a file to access that database information. If they don't match, then the missing page won't display tags properly. You can try replacing the includes/header_tags.php file and re-running Add Missing Pages in Page Control. By the way, the

categories.php

manufacturers.php

pages are not normal root files so they may be a mistake.

The last error is specific to your site since empty.php is not an oscommerce file and Where to Start.php is not a valid file due to the spaces in the name. You'll need to look at those files and see what is needed with them.

Jack

Thanks, i fixed all that. Except now when i click Add Missing Pages i get a chmod error. I know for a fact that my files are set to 0755 so whats the issue? Heres the error:

Warning: chmod() [function.chmod]: Operation not permitted in /home/beadneed/public_html/jake/admin/includes/functions/header_tags.php on line 920
Cannot change the permission on /home/beadneed/public_html/jake/includes/header_tags.php

:blush: :blush: