• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Header Tags SEO

Jack_mcs

4 hours ago, domiosc said:

Please add social icon for whatsap

To do this, upload the images for whatsapp in the size you want to use (16x16, 24x24, 32x32, 48x48) into the images/socialbookmark/ directory. Then go to admin->Header Tags SEO->Social and you will see the image there. Select it and then enter the url in its box. Be sure to use the format of the other urls. Save the changes and the icon will appear on the site. Please note that there is a bug in the social code of admin that causes the setting for social icons to be changed to true instead of True. So if you make in changes in the Social section, you will need to reset that option.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack,

Thanks for taking the time to upgrade this.

The language definitions for the admin/includes/header_tags_seo/htc_products_display.php are missing. I suppose they should be addedded to the english/categories.php file but do not know what their definition would be.

I did add to english/categories.php the following for the rest :

/*** Begin Header Tags SEO ***/
define('TEXT_PRODUCT_METTA_INFO', 'Header Tags SEO Meta Tag Data');
define('TEXT_PRODUCTS_BREADCRUMB', 'Breadcrumb Text');
define('TEXT_PRODUCTS_PAGE_TITLE', 'Title Tag');
define('TEXT_PRODUCTS_PAGE_TITLE_ALT', 'Title Tag - Alternate');
define('TEXT_PRODUCTS_PAGE_TITLE_URL', 'Title Tag - URL');
define('TEXT_PRODUCTS_HEADER_DESCRIPTION', 'Meta Description');
define('TEXT_PRODUCTS_KEYWORDS', 'Meta Keywords');
define('TEXT_PRODUCTS_LISTING_TEXT', 'Product Listing Text');
define('TEXT_PRODUCTS_SUB_TEXT', 'Product Page Sub Text');
define('TEXT_PRODUCTS_ADDITIONAL_WORDS', 'Additional Words: (comma separated)');/*** End Header Tags SEO ***/

11 minutes ago, artfulweb said:

I suppose they should be addedded to the english/categories.php file but do not know what their definition would be.

No, that should not be necessary. If you are referring to Frozen, the definitions are in the language categories file. But if you are referring to Phoenix, the definitions are in the admin/includes/languages/english/modules/boxes/header_tags_seo.php file.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

Just now, Jack_mcs said:

No, that should not be necessary. If you are referring to Frozen, the definitions are in the language categories file. But if you are referring to Phoenix, the definitions are in the admin/includes/languages/english/modules/boxes/header_tags_seo.php file.

I am on Phoenix 1.0.7.4  vanilla install and they show as missing. I uploaded all the files in the package.

Oh... the  admin/includes/modules/boxes/header_tags_seo.php doesn't work in 1.0.7.4 (does not show up as the code is no longer the same). Also the categories.php file is different as well. Will see what I can do.

This version of HTS was tested on 1.0.7.3. I looked at the 1.0.7.4 changes and can see it will break HTS. I will take a look at this as soon as I can but keeping up with Phoenix changes can be a full-time job so I'm hesitant to code for a new version since another might be out tomorrow.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

3 hours ago, Jack_mcs said:

This version of HTS was tested on 1.0.7.3. I looked at the 1.0.7.4 changes and can see it will break HTS. I will take a look at this as soon as I can but keeping up with Phoenix changes can be a full-time job so I'm hesitant to code for a new version since another might be out tomorrow.

I understand completely Jack and I think I can do the work around. Your update makes it much easier to go forward so I sincerely thank you.

A new version has been uploaded with these changes:

• Added a module for the breadcrumb (only for 1.0.7.4 or higher).
  • Added social icons for whatsapp.
  • Changed the database installation script to add back deleted seo keywords fields in 1.0.7.4.
  • Changed the setting for showing the keywords tag to not show it but still allow highlighting to work.
  • Fixed mistake in the currently viewing hook for unique pages that may have parameters.
  • Fixed code in the Social section in admin that was causing the social configuration setting to be reset.

This is mainly a release for V 1.0.7.4 but the fixes apply to all versions.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

On 6/28/2020 at 5:56 PM, Jack_mcs said:

A new version has been uploaded with these changes:

• Added a module for the breadcrumb (only for 1.0.7.4 or higher).
  • Added social icons for whatsapp.
  • Changed the database installation script to add back deleted seo keywords fields in 1.0.7.4.
  • Changed the setting for showing the keywords tag to not show it but still allow highlighting to work.
  • Fixed mistake in the currently viewing hook for unique pages that may have parameters.
  • Fixed code in the Social section in admin that was causing the social configuration setting to be reset.

This is mainly a release for V 1.0.7.4 but the fixes apply to all versions.

Hi Jack, just installed it on a fresh install of PHOENIX 1.0.7.4, uploaded all your files for Phoenix 1.0.7.4 both from "catalog" and  catalog_only_new_files" and ran the headertags_seo_db_handler_hybrid .

When I try to edit a product  there is no long the update button on the bottom of the language specific tab and if I clck the other tabs the page refreshes and returns to the dashboard... what could be wrong? As I explained, clean install of Phoenix and Header tags only.

10 minutes ago, artfulweb said:

When I try to edit a product  there is no long the update button on the bottom of the language specific tab and if I clck the other tabs the page refreshes and returns to the dashboard... what could be wrong? As I explained, clean install of Phoenix and Header tags only.

Try changing the following in the includes/hooks/admin/categories/headertags_seo_display.php file

include('includes/functions/header_tags_general.php');
    include('includes/header_tags_seo/htc_products_display.php');

to

include_once('includes/functions/header_tags_general.php');
    include_once('includes/header_tags_seo/htc_products_display.php');

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

4 minutes ago, Jack_mcs said:

Try changing the following in the includes/hooks/admin/categories/headertags_seo_display.php file

include('includes/functions/header_tags_general.php');
    include('includes/header_tags_seo/htc_products_display.php');

to

include_once('includes/functions/header_tags_general.php');
    include_once('includes/header_tags_seo/htc_products_display.php');

PERFECT ! Thank you Jack.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Jack, now just can not copy a product (duplicate it), getting the following error :

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '0) SELECT 18202, language_id, products_name, products_description, products_url,' at line 1

INSERT INTO products_description (products_id, language_id, products_name, products_description, products_url, products_viewed, products_seo_title, products_seo_description, products_seo_keywords, 0) SELECT 18202, language_id, products_name, products_description, products_url, 0, products_seo_title, products_seo_description, products_seo_keywords, '', '', '', '', '', '' FROM products_description WHERE products_id = 18199

[TEP STOP]

This is the code I started in the next version. It hasn't been thoroughly tested but seems to work. It only affect this part of the page (duplication) so it is safe to try. To apply the change, in categories.php around line 360, remove this code

require_once('includes/functions/header_tags_general.php');
            $hts_fields = GetHTSFieldList();

and this line a few lines later:

$hts_fields['input']  

Then upload the attached file into hooks/admin/categories/

headertags_seo_duplicate.php

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

10 minutes ago, Jack_mcs said:

This is the code I started in the next version. It hasn't been thoroughly tested but seems to work. It only affect this part of the page (duplication) so it is safe to try. To apply the change, in categories.php around line 360, remove this code

require_once('includes/functions/header_tags_general.php');
            $hts_fields = GetHTSFieldList();

and this line a few lines later:

$hts_fields['input']  

Then upload the attached file into hooks/admin/categories/

headertags_seo_duplicate.php

OOPS... now it gives me the error :

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '0, products_head_title_tag_alt, products_head_title_tag_url, products_head_bread' at line 1

INSERT INTO products_description (products_id, language_id, products_name, products_description, products_url, products_viewed, products_seo_title, products_seo_description, products_seo_keywords, 0, products_head_title_tag_alt, products_head_title_tag_url, products_head_breadcrumb_text, products_head_listing_text, products_head_sub_text, products_head_additional_words) SELECT 18204, language_id, products_name, products_description, products_url, 0, products_seo_title, products_seo_description, products_seo_keywords, 0, products_head_title_tag_alt, products_head_title_tag_url, products_head_breadcrumb_text, products_head_listing_text, products_head_sub_text, products_head_additional_words FROM products_description WHERE products_id = 18199

[TEP STOP]

Can not figure out what the ..to use near '0, products_head_title_tag_alt, products_head_title_tag_url, products_head_bread' at line 1 could be as the would seem to be.

I seems that something is corrupted. I copied the sql with the intent of trying it here manually but when I pasted it into phpmyadmin,  the products_head_listing_text showed as products_h ead_listing_text - notice the head word is corrupted. I tried posting the actual text here but the corruption is hidden when it is posted as code. 

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

5 minutes ago, Jack_mcs said:

I seems that something is corrupted. I copied the sql with the intent of trying it here manually but when I pasted it into phpmyadmin,  the products_head_listing_text showed as products_h ead_listing_text - notice the head word is corrupted. I tried posting the actual text here but the corruption is hidden when it is posted as code. 

Does that come from the header tags sql during installation? 

My data base table is as follows

`products_id` int(11) NOT NULL,
  `language_id` int(11) NOT NULL DEFAULT '1',
  `products_name` varchar(255) COLLATE utf8_unicode_ci NOT NULL DEFAULT '',
  `products_description` text COLLATE utf8_unicode_ci,
  `products_url` varchar(255) COLLATE utf8_unicode_ci DEFAULT NULL,
  `products_viewed` int(5) DEFAULT '0',
  `products_seo_description` text COLLATE utf8_unicode_ci,
  `products_seo_keywords` varchar(255) COLLATE utf8_unicode_ci DEFAULT NULL,
  `products_seo_title` varchar(255) COLLATE utf8_unicode_ci DEFAULT NULL,
  `products_head_title_tag_alt` varchar(80) COLLATE utf8_unicode_ci DEFAULT NULL,
  `products_head_title_tag_url` varchar(80) COLLATE utf8_unicode_ci DEFAULT NULL,
  `products_head_listing_text` text COLLATE utf8_unicode_ci,
  `products_head_sub_text` text COLLATE utf8_unicode_ci,
  `products_head_breadcrumb_text` varchar(80) COLLATE utf8_unicode_ci DEFAULT NULL,
  `products_head_additional_words` varchar(256) COLLATE utf8_unicode_ci DEFAULT NULL

6 hours ago, artfulweb said:

Does that come from the header tags sql during installation? 

The field does but not the corruption, at least not intentionally. As mentioned previously, the code works here. I can duplicate a product and the new one has all of the entries as the old one. So it is definitely something in your installation, though I do't know what might have caused it. The piece of code that is failing is just loading the names of the fields, not any data. So you can try editing that field in phpmyadmin. Just change the name of the field to something else and then back to the original. That might clear it up. 

My shop here is only set up for English so if yours is a multi-language or non-English shop, I suppose that might need to be considered, though I can't see how since it is only the field name that is a problem and that is the same for all languages.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

6 hours ago, Jack_mcs said:

The field does but not the corruption, at least not intentionally. As mentioned previously, the code works here. I can duplicate a product and the new one has all of the entries as the old one. So it is definitely something in your installation, though I do't know what might have caused it. The piece of code that is failing is just loading the names of the fields, not any data. So you can try editing that field in phpmyadmin. Just change the name of the field to something else and then back to the original. That might clear it up. 

My shop here is only set up for English so if yours is a multi-language or non-English shop, I suppose that might need to be considered, though I can't see how since it is only the field name that is a problem and that is the same for all languages.

OK... I see that it occurs on 2 prexisting sites (1 English, 1 Bilingual), 1 PHOENIS 1.0.7.4 the other 7.5 that originally had HTSEO installed and using the "hybrid" database file to install but renaming/naming the fields changes nothing so I am really perplexed. Back to square one. Will study it more, thanks Jack.

If possible, you could try this:

Create a backup of all of HTS tables as well as the categories , manufacturers and products - data only, not the structure.  

Run the database script with the delete option and re-install.

Repopulate the fields with the backup.

I don't recommend doing this on a live shop but, if there are not any problems, it is safe to do. :)

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

20 hours ago, Jack_mcs said:

If possible, you could try this:

Create a backup of all of HTS tables as well as the categories , manufacturers and products - data only, not the structure.  

Run the database script with the delete option and re-install.

Repopulate the fields with the backup.

I don't recommend doing this on a live shop but, if there are not any problems, it is safe to do. :)

Hello Jack, since the sites in question are large live sites I set up a new test site, PHOENIX 1.0.7.4, and I get the same error when trying to duplicate a product (no other addons). Editing works fine, filling tags works fine but not duplicating. 

2 hours ago, artfulweb said:

I set up a new test site,

Just to be clear, did you use a new database (one that didn't have HTS installed)? 

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

2 minutes ago, Jack_mcs said:

Just to be clear, did you use a new database (one that didn't have HTS installed)? 

Yes, did a fresh install of Phoenix 1.0.7.4 into a new database and then installed HTSEO. Nothing else in the database.

Edited by artfulweb
missing a sentence

Very strange since it works fine here. Although I'm testing it with the development shop I used to create it so maybe I have something set that affects this. I will install it into a new shop when I get the chance and see what happens.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons