Jack_mcs

Header Tags SEO

@ce7That could be caused if the stylesheet fo this addon is not loaded. Check to make sure you have added the header tags code to the admin/includes/template_top.php file and that all of the new files have been uploaded, specifically the file in admin/includes/header_tags_seo/.

14 hours ago, Jack_mcs said:

@ce7That could be caused if the stylesheet fo this addon is not loaded. Check to make sure you have added the header tags code to the admin/includes/template_top.php file and that all of the new files have been uploaded, specifically the file in admin/includes/header_tags_seo/.

Hi Jack,

Yes somehow the file I modified for template_top.php not upload to the server properly. After upload it with the header tags code, the issue fixed. Thank you very much for your help as usual! 👍

Posted (edited)

A new version has been uploaded with these changes:

• Added social icon for blogspot.
  • Changed open graph price code to work with other languages. Found by member milerwan.
  • Changed the Curently Viewing code to properly show for all pages.
  • Changed the Phoenix code to merge some of the code and database entries with that included in the stock shop.
  • Corrected mistakes in the database installed script.
  • Replaced the update button in Fill Tags to work with later versions of Phoenix.
  • Removed testing code for the Version Checker. Found by member @koopmanh.
  • Updated one of the update text files to fix mistakes. Found by member @demitry.
  • Updated the social icons - changed sumbleupon to mix.

Note: This is mainly an update for Phoenix, specifically version 1.0.7.3. If you are using Frozen, there are some changes that may fix a few problems. But if you are using Phoenix but not 1.0.7.3, then this update won't apply to your shop. It could work but some of the stock files have been moved in 1.0.7.3 and it takes too much time to try to provide all of the possible changes. So if you want to install this version, which has many improvements, make the changes to the files in catalog manually, after adjusting the path, and it will work fine.

The main focus of this update it to merge the stock SEO code with the more powerful options provided by this addon. With this version, all Phoenix shops can now take advantage of the extra options this addon adds.  This version also fixes a coding error in all stock Phoenix shops. So there's no downside now to installing this addon while there are many benefits.

Important: Be sure to use the headertags_seo_db_handler_hybrid.php database file if you have a 1.0.7.3 shop. If it gives an option to reset, click on that. For all other shops, use the headertags_seo_db_handler.php file.

Edited by Jack_mcs

4 hours ago, domiosc said:

Please add social icon for whatsap

To do this, upload the images for whatsapp in the size you want to use (16x16, 24x24, 32x32, 48x48) into the images/socialbookmark/ directory. Then go to admin->Header Tags SEO->Social and you will see the image there. Select it and then enter the url in its box. Be sure to use the format of the other urls. Save the changes and the icon will appear on the site. Please note that there is a bug in the social code of admin that causes the setting for social icons to be changed to true instead of True. So if you make in changes in the Social section, you will need to reset that option.

Hi Jack,

Thanks for taking the time to upgrade this.

The language definitions for the admin/includes/header_tags_seo/htc_products_display.php are missing. I suppose they should be addedded to the english/categories.php file but do not know what their definition would be.

I did add to english/categories.php the following for the rest :

/*** Begin Header Tags SEO ***/
define('TEXT_PRODUCT_METTA_INFO', 'Header Tags SEO Meta Tag Data');
define('TEXT_PRODUCTS_BREADCRUMB', 'Breadcrumb Text');
define('TEXT_PRODUCTS_PAGE_TITLE', 'Title Tag');
define('TEXT_PRODUCTS_PAGE_TITLE_ALT', 'Title Tag - Alternate');
define('TEXT_PRODUCTS_PAGE_TITLE_URL', 'Title Tag - URL');
define('TEXT_PRODUCTS_HEADER_DESCRIPTION', 'Meta Description');
define('TEXT_PRODUCTS_KEYWORDS', 'Meta Keywords');
define('TEXT_PRODUCTS_LISTING_TEXT', 'Product Listing Text');
define('TEXT_PRODUCTS_SUB_TEXT', 'Product Page Sub Text');
define('TEXT_PRODUCTS_ADDITIONAL_WORDS', 'Additional Words: (comma separated)');/*** End Header Tags SEO ***/

11 minutes ago, artfulweb said:

I suppose they should be addedded to the english/categories.php file but do not know what their definition would be.

No, that should not be necessary. If you are referring to Frozen, the definitions are in the language categories file. But if you are referring to Phoenix, the definitions are in the admin/includes/languages/english/modules/boxes/header_tags_seo.php file.

Just now, Jack_mcs said:

No, that should not be necessary. If you are referring to Frozen, the definitions are in the language categories file. But if you are referring to Phoenix, the definitions are in the admin/includes/languages/english/modules/boxes/header_tags_seo.php file.

I am on Phoenix 1.0.7.4  vanilla install and they show as missing. I uploaded all the files in the package.

Oh... the  admin/includes/modules/boxes/header_tags_seo.php doesn't work in 1.0.7.4 (does not show up as the code is no longer the same). Also the categories.php file is different as well. Will see what I can do.

This version of HTS was tested on 1.0.7.3. I looked at the 1.0.7.4 changes and can see it will break HTS. I will take a look at this as soon as I can but keeping up with Phoenix changes can be a full-time job so I'm hesitant to code for a new version since another might be out tomorrow.

3 hours ago, Jack_mcs said:

This version of HTS was tested on 1.0.7.3. I looked at the 1.0.7.4 changes and can see it will break HTS. I will take a look at this as soon as I can but keeping up with Phoenix changes can be a full-time job so I'm hesitant to code for a new version since another might be out tomorrow.

I understand completely Jack and I think I can do the work around. Your update makes it much easier to go forward so I sincerely thank you.

• Added a module for the breadcrumb (only for 1.0.7.4 or higher).
  • Added social icons for whatsapp.
  • Changed the database installation script to add back deleted seo keywords fields in 1.0.7.4.
  • Changed the setting for showing the keywords tag to not show it but still allow highlighting to work.
  • Fixed mistake in the currently viewing hook for unique pages that may have parameters.
  • Fixed code in the Social section in admin that was causing the social configuration setting to be reset.

This is mainly a release for V 1.0.7.4 but the fixes apply to all versions.

On 6/28/2020 at 5:56 PM, Jack_mcs said:

• Added a module for the breadcrumb (only for 1.0.7.4 or higher).
  • Added social icons for whatsapp.
  • Changed the database installation script to add back deleted seo keywords fields in 1.0.7.4.
  • Changed the setting for showing the keywords tag to not show it but still allow highlighting to work.
  • Fixed mistake in the currently viewing hook for unique pages that may have parameters.
  • Fixed code in the Social section in admin that was causing the social configuration setting to be reset.

This is mainly a release for V 1.0.7.4 but the fixes apply to all versions.

Hi Jack, just installed it on a fresh install of PHOENIX 1.0.7.4, uploaded all your files for Phoenix 1.0.7.4 both from "catalog" and  catalog_only_new_files" and ran the headertags_seo_db_handler_hybrid .

When I try to edit a product  there is no long the update button on the bottom of the language specific tab and if I clck the other tabs the page refreshes and returns to the dashboard... what could be wrong? As I explained, clean install of Phoenix and Header tags only.

10 minutes ago, artfulweb said:

When I try to edit a product  there is no long the update button on the bottom of the language specific tab and if I clck the other tabs the page refreshes and returns to the dashboard... what could be wrong? As I explained, clean install of Phoenix and Header tags only.

Try changing the following in the includes/hooks/admin/categories/headertags_seo_display.php file

include('includes/functions/header_tags_general.php');
    include('includes/header_tags_seo/htc_products_display.php');

to

include_once('includes/functions/header_tags_general.php');
    include_once('includes/header_tags_seo/htc_products_display.php');

4 minutes ago, Jack_mcs said:

Try changing the following in the includes/hooks/admin/categories/headertags_seo_display.php file

include('includes/functions/header_tags_general.php');
    include('includes/header_tags_seo/htc_products_display.php');

to

include_once('includes/functions/header_tags_general.php');
    include_once('includes/header_tags_seo/htc_products_display.php');

PERFECT ! Thank you Jack.