Latest News: (loading..)
Jack_mcs

Header Tags SEO

Possibly this has been pointed out already.   Installing using the Install_Admin.txt instructions for 2.3 and on, categories.php failed.  The reason I discovered is that a modification for that file labeled as "around line 771" instructs one to find a piece of code beginning <?php and replace it with code without such an opening php.    

I am hoping to install this in a an upgrade to oscommerce 2.3.4.1 which I hope should be functional.    Am I right to expect this to work OK?  

(And yes, I am aware of the community edition but for several reasons I want to do this upgrade first.) 

You are correct about the instructions. It should also include the <?php. Thank you for mentioning it. The addon works in any version of oscommerce but the instruction files, except for the BS ones,  may not be complete since I don't have the time to run through installations for older versions of oscommerce. However, the changed files that are included are accurate so you can use a program like WinMerge to look at the differences.

Hi, Jack

At the moment i'm working through github for the upgrade to the latest version of oscommerce, and i come across a roadblock.

I have 3.3.5 installed of Header Tags SEO 

At 15 of march 2018 - https://github.com/gburton/Responsive-osCommerce/commits/master?before=db07a45b32ca59b6c3f5ebc63c16aae7c49391b7+175  there is a change to modular product pages. But also parts of the index is deleted and the product_info. Wich are also header tags parts. Is there a update for it or can i delete it without any problems.

Greetings, Anne

There is a new version but it has not been released (just due to time constraints). I'm not sure what you mean by "can i delete it". If you are referring to this addon, you can remove it but you will lose whatever titles and tags you have setup. If you mean the changes to those pages. you can skip those but will lose some of the options this addon adds to those pages.

Hi,

When will the new version be expected. Or can you send it already to me.

About delete it, i mean the parts that where in index and product_info but you already gave me the answer to it. 

I was already looking a bit further, and i think the idea is that per page edits. Like in the index (around 29) there was a part of headertags with category_query that has been moved to module cm_in_title that the query there is now than the headertags part of the query. If i'm not mistaken.

example

index.php :

/*** Begin Header Tags SEO ***/
    $category_query = tep_db_query("select cd.categories_name, c.categories_image, IF(cd.categories_htc_title_tag_alt != '',cd.categories_htc_title_tag_alt,cd.categories_htc_title_tag) as categories_htc_title_tag, cd.categories_htc_description from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " cd where c.categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "' and cd.categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "' and cd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");
    /*** end Header Tags SEO ***/
    $category = tep_db_fetch_array($category_query);

moved to index_nested part - cm_in_title.php

$category_query = tep_db_query("select cd.categories_name, c.categories_image, cd.categories_description from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " cd where c.categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "' and cd.categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "' and cd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");

Would be replaced by the headertags part.

Greetings, Anne

23 minutes ago, Dj-Viper said:

When will the new version be expected

No idea but I doubt it will be this year.

24 minutes ago, Dj-Viper said:

Or can you send it already to me.

No, I don't have it in a format ready to be used else I would upload it.

The way you mentioned moving the code is the right idea but new modules and hooks are being used instead of editing the core ones. I have several versions of those, depending upon the shops version and that's part of the reason for the delay.