• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Header Tags SEO

Jack_mcs

Hi,

When will the new version be expected. Or can you send it already to me.

About delete it, i mean the parts that where in index and product_info but you already gave me the answer to it. 

I was already looking a bit further, and i think the idea is that per page edits. Like in the index (around 29) there was a part of headertags with category_query that has been moved to module cm_in_title that the query there is now than the headertags part of the query. If i'm not mistaken.

example

index.php :

/*** Begin Header Tags SEO ***/
    $category_query = tep_db_query("select cd.categories_name, c.categories_image, IF(cd.categories_htc_title_tag_alt != '',cd.categories_htc_title_tag_alt,cd.categories_htc_title_tag) as categories_htc_title_tag, cd.categories_htc_description from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " cd where c.categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "' and cd.categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "' and cd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");
    /*** end Header Tags SEO ***/
    $category = tep_db_fetch_array($category_query);

moved to index_nested part - cm_in_title.php

$category_query = tep_db_query("select cd.categories_name, c.categories_image, cd.categories_description from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " cd where c.categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "' and cd.categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "' and cd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");

Would be replaced by the headertags part.

Greetings, Anne

23 minutes ago, Dj-Viper said:

When will the new version be expected

No idea but I doubt it will be this year.

24 minutes ago, Dj-Viper said:

Or can you send it already to me.

No, I don't have it in a format ready to be used else I would upload it.

The way you mentioned moving the code is the right idea but new modules and hooks are being used instead of editing the core ones. I have several versions of those, depending upon the shops version and that's part of the reason for the delay.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

• 3 months later...
On 5/14/2016 at 4:38 AM, Jack_mcs said:

@@milerwan In admin/includes/functions/header_tags_general.php, find this line

return $category['categories_htc_breacrumb_text'];

and change it to

return $category['categories_htc_breadcrumb_text'];

Thank you for pointing this out. I looked back at previous versions and it has been there for a while. I apologize for the aggravation it caused you.

Hi,

not sure, if my problem is somehow related to this.

My file already has this breadcrumb fix, but in the source code of a product listing, there is no "name" for the position 3 item.

Also, the "Breadcrumb Text" on the item listing page is not filled automatically. When I fill it manually, the name is missing though on Breadcrumb schema.

Here is what appears on the product page:

<script type="application/ld+json">{"@context":"http:\/\/schema.org","@type":"BreadcrumbList","itemListElement":[{"@type":"ListItem","position":0,"item":{"@id":"https:\/\/www.domain.com","name":"Home"}},{"@type":"ListItem","position":1,"item":{"@id":"https:\/\/www.domain.com\/index.php?osCsid=st29jcjoi27afiqlhvp8ffdig6","name":"Catalog"}},{"@type":"ListItem","position":2,"item":{"@id":"https:\/\/www.domain.com\/books-c-22.html?osCsid=st29jcjoi27afiqlhvp8ffdig6","name":"Books"}},{"@type":"ListItem","position":3,"item":{"@id":"https:\/\/www.domain.com\/gerdy-troost-german-ww2-architecture-book-1940s-vol-ii-w241-photos-p-339.html?osCsid=st29jcjoi27afiqlhvp8ffdig6","name":""}}]}</script>

Any idea where to look at?

Thanks.

Edited by mk_osc
typo

4 minutes ago, mk_osc said:

My file already has this breadcrumb fix, but in the source code of a product listing, there is no "name" for the prodcut.

Look at the source of a page in a browser. Is there a name in the <title>? If so, then there is some mistake in the changes made to the shop side. If not, you may not have ran fill tags. Also, is the problem just with the home page or all pages?

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

yes, there is a name in the  <title>  and yes, the problem is with all product pages.

The problem is not with the home page or category pages, since there are only categories or sub categeries shown with breadcrumb, which have a name defined.
Only the name for the product is not shown on product pages. hmmm

thanks.

You mentioned the problem is on the product listing page previously. Is it now only with the product page? In any case, the code you show for the breadcrumb doesn't appear to be standard code for a CE shop, if that is what you are using, so you should change that back to the stock code to see if it fixes the problem.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

My site is using the Final version and doesn't have that code. The date of the Final version is 18-May so maybe the change was removed after it was posted. Or maybe I'm missing it on the site? I've installed HTS into quite a few CE shops without any problems. 

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

If you don't install the default Header Tags Module " Breadcrumb Schema JSON-LD " the code doesn't appear. The module was not removed from the final version.

I will go through the Header Tags SEO installation to see if I find the error or some indication.

Thanks, anyway.

Header Tags SEO V 3.xx - Page control, sort_order bug

@Jack_mcs

Hi Jack,

I have noticed a bug in admin with page control in "/header_tags_seo.php" file normally ($Id: header_tags_seo.php,v 1.2 2008/08/08").
The issue affects the sort_order function for title page.

For exemple, if in "Select an Option:", you choose "product_info.php",

you have for "Include:"

Category:
Manufacturer:
Model:
Product:
Root:

Test:

0. If you don't tick anything, in title page of product_info.php, product name is always present:
Category:
Manufacturer:
Model:
Product:
Root:

-> Product name

1. If you quote Category (and add number > 0), category doesn't appear (?!?) in title page of product_info.php (product name is always present):
Category: x [1]
Manufacturer:
Model:
Product:
Root:

-> Product name

2. If you quote Manufacturer (or Model or Root) (and add number > 0), Manufacturer (or Model or Root) appears (OK) in title page of product_info.php (product name is always present):
Category:
Manufacturer:  x [1]
Model:
Product:
Root: 

-> Product name - Manufacturer

3. If you quote Product (and add number > 0), category appears (?!?) in title page of product_info.php (product name is always present):
Category:
Manufacturer:
Model:
Product: x [1]
Root:

-> Category - Product

4. If you quote Category (and add number > 0) and Product, category and product name appear in the expected order (OK) in title page of product_info.php:
Category: x [2]
Manufacturer:
Model:
Root:

-> Product - Category

So where is the bug ?
Is it because "Product name" is present by default or the first row "Category" is buggy ?

Very strange bug, isn't it ?

If you could take a look, it will be nice.

Best regards

Osc v2.3.4 BS "custom"
PHP 7.3 compatible (710 modified files => o_O')

31 minutes ago, milerwan said:

Header Tags SEO V 3.xx - Page control, sort_order bug

@Jack_mcs

Hi Jack,

I have noticed a bug in admin with page control in "/header_tags_seo.php" file normally ($Id: header_tags_seo.php,v 1.2 2008/08/08").
The issue affects the sort_order function for title page.

For exemple, if in "Select an Option:", you choose "product_info.php",

you have for "Include:"

Category:
Manufacturer:
Model:
Product:
Root:

Test:

0. If you don't tick anything, in title page of product_info.php, category name is always present:
Category:
Manufacturer:
Model:
Product:
Root:

-> Category name

1. If you quote Category (and add number > 0), it's same (category name is always present):
Category: x [1]
Manufacturer:
Model:
Product:
Root:

-> Category name

2. If you quote Manufacturer (or Model or Root) (and add number > 0), Manufacturer (or Model or Root) appears (OK) in title page of product_info.php (category name is always present):
Category:
Manufacturer:  x [1]
Model:
Product:
Root: 

-> Category - Manufacturer

3. If you quote Product (and add number > 0), category name is always present in title page of product_info.php:
Category:
Manufacturer:
Model:
Root:

-> Category

4. If you quote Category (and add number > 0) and Product, category and product name appear in the expected order (OK) in title page of product_info.php:
Category: x [2]
Manufacturer:
Model:
Root:

-> Product - Category

So where is the bug ?
Is it because "Product name" is present by default or the first row "Category" is buggy ?

Very strange bug, isn't it ?

If you could take a look, it will be nice.

Best regards

Sorry it's not the product name is always present but category name.

Edited by milerwan

Osc v2.3.4 BS "custom"

2 hours ago, milerwan said:

Sorry it's not the product name is always present but category name.

It sounds like a cache issue. I tested it here and it worked as expected.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

1 hour ago, Jack_mcs said:

It sounds like a cache issue. I tested it here and it worked as expected.

Ok I have found the mistake.
From my page control of "product_info.php", "Category" was checked in Default Tags table.
That's why category name always appears...

Excuse me for the disruption. ^_^'

Osc v2.3.4 BS "custom"

On 3/25/2019 at 7:02 PM, mk_osc said:

If you don't install the default Header Tags Module " Breadcrumb Schema JSON-LD " the code doesn't appear. The module was not removed from the final version.

I will go through the Header Tags SEO installation to see if I find the error or some indication.

Just for the records. I've found the error with the missing product name.

I had the Breadcrumb Model Override setting to "true" in admin, while I don't use this model field. I've put the setting to "false", and the name appears now in the breadcrumb trail.
😊

• 2 weeks later...

@coelroyThere's isn't an option to turn it off. You can stop it by removing this line of code in the includes/modules/header_tags_keywords.php file:

tep_db_query("insert into headertags_ip_tracker (ip_number, source, id_reference, date_added) VALUES (inet_aton('" . $thisIP . "'), '1', '" . (int)$lastid . "', now() )");

If you don't mind saying, I'm curious why you want to do that? It is invisible unless you deliberately look at the list.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

1 hour ago, Jack_mcs said:

@coelroyThere's isn't an option to turn it off. You can stop it by removing this line of code in the includes/modules/header_tags_keywords.php file:

tep_db_query("insert into headertags_ip_tracker (ip_number, source, id_reference, date_added) VALUES (inet_aton('" . $thisIP . "'), '1', '" . (int)$lastid . "', now() )");

If you don't mind saying, I'm curious why you want to do that? It is invisible unless you deliberately look at the list.

Privacy, correct.

• 2 weeks later...

@Jack_mcs

hi Jack,

Just a suggestion to reduce the size of this addon. I think you can safely remove any and all references to osC versions that are below version 2.3 because…:

1) Anyone who currently has an osC version below 2.3, has already installed this HTSEO addon

2) Anyone who chooses osC for a new install, will not install an old version below 2.3

osCommerce: made for programmers, ...because store owners do not want to be programmers.

https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?date=all&amp;geo=US&amp;q=oscommerce

1 hour ago, Demitry said:

1) Anyone who currently has an osC version below 2.3, has already installed this HTSEO addon

There are a number of shop owners that fall into this category. If I remove that version, they no longer will have updates. While it would be best if they upgraded to CE, that is not always possible. I don't want to leave them stranded so I continue to provide that version, though I may not supply full instructions for the older versions in future releases.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

@Jack_mcs

hi Jack,

I’m installing this addon for BS Edge and going through all the files. Here are some issues I found.

This file has no changes in it.

/Use_if_version_BootStrap/catalog/includes/application_bottom.php

These files need a class constructor function __construct():

/Use_if_version_BootStrap/catalog_only_new_files/includes/modules/content/header/cm_header_headertags_pagetop.php

/Use_if_version_BootStrap/catalog_only_new_files/includes/modules/content/product_info/ cm_pi_headertags_seo.php

/Use_if_version_BootStrap/catalog_only_new_files/includes/modules/boxes/bm_header_tags.php

/Use_if_version_BootStrap/catalog_only_new_files/includes/modules/boxes/bm_header_tags_social.php

/Use_if_version_BootStrap/catalog_only_new_files/includes/modules/boxes/bm_headertags_seo_silo.php

/Use_if_version_BootStrap/catalog_only_new_files/admin/includes/classes/header_tags_seo.php

These folders are empty:

/Use_if_version_BootStrap/catalog/includes/modules/content/header/templates/

/Use_if_version_BootStrap/catalog/includes/modules/content/navigation/templates/

I’m not finished reviewing all the code for the version I am installing in the package folder Use_if_version_BootStrap, and I’ll let you know if I find anything else.

osCommerce: made for programmers, ...because store owners do not want to be programmers.

https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?date=all&amp;geo=US&amp;q=oscommerce

Thank you. I appreciate you taking the time to post this. The unreleased version has most, if not all, fixed already, I dost haven't had the time to get an update posted but do plan one for this year. In the meantime, please do post any problems you find.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons