• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Header Tags SEO

Jack_mcs

Hi All

I have installed SEO header tags on my website operating on Oscommerce 2.3.4.  We did have Ultimate SEO 5 installed, but uninstalled it.

However after installing and configuring Header Tags, everything works fine, except that on the admin panel under Configuration > Header Tags SEO, I keep getting the following warning appear :

Warning: call_user_func() expects parameter 1 to be a valid callback, function 'tep_reset_cache_data_usu5' not found or invalid function name in http://ourwebname\admin\includes\functions\general.php on line 1328

Line 1328 is:

return call_user_func($function, $parameter);

I have uninstalled, reinstalled, gone through all my changes, run searches on usu5, tep_reset_cache_data and call_user_func and even gone through the database.  There is an usu_cache table in our database.  I did drop it but its made no difference (I have since imported it again).

I would appreciate any help or advice.

Thanks in advance :)

Debbie Harrison

To be clear, this addon works fine with SEO 5. The error you are seeing is usually because of a missing function in admin. My guess is that you overwrote or removed it, or some piece of code calling it, by mistake with the installation.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

I have only one problem with this add on,

in page control when I select index.php I can't seem to get the keywords to show when I select : view results

It just shows a red box 

I have three languages and this only happens in the dutch language (german and  english work fine)

Off course I entered the keywords

Please help me solve this strange problem

That usually happens when the admin is not using the same prefix for the domain name as the shop. So if your admin is setup to use mydomain.com and the shop is www.mydomain.com, it may fail. it has been a while since I tested it but I think it only happens if there is an ssl involved.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

hi, i wanted to know,

what are the main differences between this plugin and the SEO reloaded one?

does this plugin have much more features for SEO?

Also, since i already have a slightly modified Bootstrap store, should i install everything manually by editing the required files?

my websites seo is pathetic so i definitely need to get it onto google.

Also, which other SEO plugins for Bootstrap edge /gold can you recommend?

What other SEO things should i be doing to improve my site?

thanks

Edited by vampirehunter

I am not intimately familiar with Reloaded so I can't really answer your question. I can say that it was based on this addon but only some of the features were duplicated. So there are things in this one that help with SEO that are not in that one. However, neither of the addons is the final solution to improving the SEO of your site. Both, along with any other SEO addon, are just tools used to improve your SEO. The SEO of your site will certainly improve with the addition of an SEO addon but that should just be the starting point. If you don't use the tools correctly, having them won't help as much. For example, many sites use the domain name for the main keyword for their site. That is probably the worst choice in most cases.  

I list the SEO-related addons I recommend in my profile. The main idea with SEO is to optimize the pages so they focus on particular keywords. And then guide the search engines to those pages so that they get listed more quickly. All of the addons will work with the BS version but some may not have released BS versions and might require editing.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I am not intimately familiar with Reloaded so I can't really answer your question. I can say that it was based on this addon but only some of the features were duplicated. So there are things in this one that help with SEO that are not in that one. However, neither of the addons is the final solution to improving the SEO of your site. Both, along with any other SEO addon, are just tools used to improve your SEO. The SEO of your site will certainly improve with the addition of an SEO addon but that should just be the starting point. If you don't use the tools correctly, having them won't help as much. For example, many sites use the domain name for the main keyword for their site. That is probably the worst choice in most cases.  

I list the SEO-related addons I recommend in my profile. The main idea with SEO is to optimize the pages so they focus on particular keywords. And then guide the search engines to those pages so that they get listed more quickly. All of the addons will work with the BS version but some may not have released BS versions and might require editing.

hi thanks Jack

So for my site which is tshirts and garments, i should focus on the keywords on each product.

@@vampirehunter

As Jack says, the addons only supply the tools, you have to learn how to use those tools.

There is so much information on SEO on the internet. The hard bit is choosing something that is current and good. Best of luck with that.

All you can really do is to read lots about SEO and try to apply that to your site. Sort all the onsite stuff first then start working on the off site side of it. Make sure what you do is current and keeps google happy.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

@@vampirehunter Besides what Steve suggest, I would say you should also use your google accounts. Their webmaster tools, along with Bings, can point out things about your shop you may need to know. And google adwords has a tool to help choose keywords (it is free). In the keywords section of this addon, you can see what your customers are searching for. If there are a lot of searches for "blue widget" and you sell widgets but don't use blue as part of the keyword, then you may need to change that. 

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

• 2 weeks later...

@@vampirehunter Besides what Steve suggest, I would say you should also use your google accounts. Their webmaster tools, along with Bings, can point out things about your shop you may need to know. And google adwords has a tool to help choose keywords (it is free). In the keywords section of this addon, you can see what your customers are searching for. If there are a lot of searches for "blue widget" and you sell widgets but don't use blue as part of the keyword, then you may need to change that. 

hi thanks

will try that.

Hi Jack,

I have a little problem.

When I type an title and description in manufacturer, then it will show up nothing in the source code only the Header Tags Manufacturer Description will show up and the manufacturers name. The title, description, url, title alt will not show up in the source code.

I only see it in my admin pageundef the manufacterer.

The stranges thing is that afer my url (.nl) 2 slashes standing (//) and then the manufacturer name.

Edited by dinopacha

The usual reason the manufacturers does show is because the manufacturers check box is not checked in Page Control for index.php.

If you see two slashes after the domain name your configure file is not setup correctly. See this thread for fixing that.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

hello jack, sorry to bother you but I'm not sure if I should ask my question here or into a new topic.
I would like to put a description under specials, as in the categories is possible.
but now I see that I only can fill in the title, description and keywords, but no text like (text visible on the webpage).

I know that it is possible in categories with seo headertags. but not for the index, specials sitemap etc...

I have looked in includes / languages / english / specials.php.
Now I see: define('HEADING_TITLE', 'Specials!');
can I put an <h2> after it like beneath:
define('HEADING_TITLE', 'specials! <br> <h2> here will come the text for specials</h2>');

or do I have to make an new define? :wacko:

@Jack_mcs

Hi Jack, I already know how to do it

I have put the following in specials.php

<div class="contentText">
    <?php echo TEXT_MAIN; ?>
  </div>

and the following in includes/languages/english/specials.php

define('HEADING_TITLE', '<h2> here will come the text for specials</h2>'); :)

@Jack_mcs

I have found a fault in specials (keywords)

After the last word appears a comma with a space between the last word and the comma.

<meta name="Keywords" content="Specials, free, another ," /

in includes/header_tags.php line 201 you have the following

$sortOrder['keywords'][10] = $the_specials;;

when I take the [10]  and make it [0] then the comma is gonna.

can I do that or will I damage other files with this.

@@dinopacha You can remove that whole line along with the following. Code was removed in that section to prevent the keywords tag from being stuffed with too many words not on the page. The code you found and that below is part of that and it no longer serves a purpose. Thanks for mentioning it.

// Build a list of ALL specials product names to put in keywords
       $new = tep_db_query("select p.products_id, pd.products_name, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, p.products_image, s.specials_new_products_price from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd, " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s where p.products_status = '1' and s.products_id = p.products_id and p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and s.status = '1' order by s.specials_date_added DESC ");
       $row = 0;
       $the_specials='';

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

@Jack_mcs

I have a problem with files that not create in headertags page control.

error.gif Page not added - file name is invalid - wishlist.php exclude

I have a total of 7 different files that are not added.

Please can you tell me how to add those files in headertags because I understand that not completely.

When a file is listed like that it means the file isn't setup correctly, as seen by the code in Header Tags, to work in Page Control. There are three conditions for a page to work:

1 - The main file, in the root, has to have the Header Tags SEO <head> code. If this is a 2.3 shop then that will automatically be done.

2 - An entry in the includes/filenames.php file has to exist for that file. I don't recall for sure but I think it has to match. So if the filename is wishlist and you add an entry for it with the name of FILENAME_MY_WISHLIST, it won't work. It has to be FILENAMES_WISHLIST.

3  - A file of the same name needs to be in the languages/english/ or any language,  directory. It can be an empty file but must exist.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

@@Jack_mcs

I'm running 2.3.4 bootstrap

In pagecontrol wishlist.php gives the next error.

Page not added - file name is invalid - wishlist.php exclude

When I look at the dropdown it will show up.

When I click in the dropdow on wishlist and type the title, description and keywords it will not showing up on the webpage code.

For your numbers above.

1. I have bootstrap

2. It is FILENAME_WISHLIST

3. It is also FILNAME_WISHLIST

What else can be the problem Jack????

FILNAME_WISHLIST is a mistake, or a poorly chosen definition. It may be confusing the code in Header Tags due to the wishlist part. I suggest deleting that entry or rename it to something else. If you do the latter, you will need to search your code to make sure any code that uses it is also changed.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

@Jack_mcs

I don't get it, so I hope you can re-explain it to me with the sitemap.php. This sitemap is yours. b.t.w the sitemap does not work either in header tags seo.
In page control When I look at the dropdown the sitemap will show up. when I click in the dropdow on sitemap.php and type the title, description and keywords it will not showing up on the webpage code.

beneath I have the following in my webpage.

in index.php I have the following scripts.(from sitemaps)

<!-- Begin Sitemap SEO-->
           <script type='text/javascript' src='javascript/sitemap_seo.js'></script>
           <?php
           require(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '/' . FILENAME_SITEMAP_SEO);
           include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_SITEMAP_SEO_CATEGORY);
           ?>
<!-- End Sitemap SEO -->

<!-- Begin Sitemap SEO-->
      <script type='text/javascript' src='javascript/sitemap_seo.js'></script>
      <?php
      require(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '/' . FILENAME_SITEMAP_SEO);
      $mapMod = (isset($_GET['manufacturers_id']) ? FILENAME_SITEMAP_SEO_MANUFACTURERS : FILENAME_SITEMAP_SEO_CATEGORY);
      include(DIR_WS_MODULES . $mapMod);
      ?>
<!-- End Sitemap SEO -->

in includes/filenames.php I have the following entry.

/***** Begin Sitemap_SEO *****/
  define('FILENAME_SITEMAP_SEO', 'sitemap.php');
  define('FILENAME_SITEMAP_SEO_CATEGORY', 'sitemap_category.php');
  define('FILENAME_SITEMAP_SEO_PRODUCT', 'sitemap_product.php');
  define('FILENAME_SITEMAP_SEO_MANUFACTURERS', 'sitemap_manufacturers.php');  
  /***** End Sitemap_SEO *****/

in languages/english I have sitemap.php

<?php
/*
  $Id: sitemap_seo.php 2008-12-20 by Jack_mcs

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions
  http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright (c) 2002 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License
*/

define('NAVBAR_TITLE', 'Sitemap');
define('HEADING_TITLE', 'Sitemap');

define('TEXT_CATEGORY_NAME', 'Other products in the <b>%s</b> category');
define('TEXT_MANUFACTURERS_NAME', 'Products by Manufacturer: <b>%s</b>');

define('TEXT_INFORMATION', '<p>Please contact us if you experience any problems finding what you need:</p> ' . 
 nl2br(STORE_ADDRESS) . '<br>' .
 'Phone: '. STORE_PHONE . '<br>' .
 '<a mailto:' . STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS . '>' . STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS . '</a>' 
);

define('TEXT_SITEMAP_RELATED_PRODUCTS', 'Related Products');
define('TEXT_SITEMAP_RELATED_CATEGORIES', 'Related Categories');
define('TEXT_SITEMAP_RELATED_MANUFACTURERS', 'Related Manufacturers');

define('TEXT_NO_MANUFACTURERS_FOUND', 'No other products were found for this manufacturer.');

define('TEXT_HIDE_PRODUCTS', '(hide products)');
define('TEXT_SHOW_PRODUCTS', '(show products)');

?>
Edited by dinopacha

The changes in Page Control is only for pages. You show the entries for index.php - the two are not related. You should have a page on your site like ...com/sitemap.php. That is where the detail in Page Control will show up.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack,

Sitemap.php is standing in the root but it has no header tag seo (head code).

I have a bootstrap version.

You said (The main file, in the root, has to have the Header Tags SEO <head> code. If this is a 2.3 shop then that will automatically be done.)

Do I have to put it in manually?

And what do I have to put in?