• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Header Tags SEO

Jack_mcs

Did anyone get HeaderTags SEO V 3.2.8 to work with SEO URL 5 PRO? I have tried a fix from http://www.clubosc.com/seourls5-htcseo3.html without any luck. Forum not much help either..

You have to run SEO 5 in rewrite mode.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Jack,

I am running into confusion over the files in this mod. In the folder catalog_for_new_shop_only_RC2 there is a different coded includes/function/header_tags.php than the one in the catalog/includes/functions folder.

If I am updating from version 3.26 rc2 which files should be replaced?

Also is there a write up on what the extra field boxes in admin/categories.php do?

I don't understand what you mean about the functions. There's only one included that i can see.

See the update docs for instructions on updating.

No, I forgot to include the explanations in the options doc file. They are explained in the settings though.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

Jack,

I stand corrected. When I downloaded the latest version it blended it with previous versions I had saved on my drive.

Sorry for any confusion.

Edited by lyonsperf

I am getting this error when I enter anything into the search box:

1146 - Table 'casblanc_osc2.TABLE_HEADERTAGS_KEYWORDS' doesn't exist

select 1 FROM TABLE_HEADERTAGS_KEYWORDS where keyword = 'kook' and language_id = 1

[TEP STOP]

Would you please advise me on how I can correct. Thank you

Jenny

I am getting this error when I enter anything into the search box:

1146 - Table 'casblanc_osc2.TABLE_HEADERTAGS_KEYWORDS' doesn't exist

select 1 FROM TABLE_HEADERTAGS_KEYWORDS where keyword = 'kook' and language_id = 1

[TEP STOP]

Would you please advise me on how I can correct. Thank you

Jenny

Answered in the last page or two.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Jack,

Awesome contribution! My store is 2.2rc2a... working on 3.2.6 -> 3.28

I have a question on this piece of code that crossmingles with Seperate Price Per Customer. In includes/modules/product_listing.php

my original code - notice the [$x] entries that follow each $listing, which is different fron the default osc file (has to do with the SPPC...)

if (isset($_GET['manufacturers_id'])) {
		  $lc_text = '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'manufacturers_id=' . $_GET['manufacturers_id'] . '&products_id=' . $listing[$x]['products_id']) . '">' . $listing[$x]['products_name'] . '</a>';
	    } else {
		  $lc_text = ' <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, ($cPath ? 'cPath=' . $cPath . '&' : '') . 'products_id=' . $listing[$x]['products_id']) . '">' . $listing[$x]['products_name'] . '</a> ';
	    }

Is the following adaption of your REPLACE WITH code correct?

/*** Begin Header Tags SEO ***/ /* modified with [$x] for SPPC adaption, NOT TESTED */
	    $lc_add = '';
	    $hts_listing_query = tep_db_query("select products_head_listing_text, products_description from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " where products_id = " . (int)$listing[$x]['products_id'] . " and language_id = " . (int)$languages_id);
	    if (tep_db_num_rows($hts_listing_query) > 0) {
		    $hts_listing = tep_db_fetch_array($hts_listing_query);
		    if (tep_not_null($hts_listing['products_head_listing_text'])) {
			    $lc_add .= '<div class="hts_listing_text">' . $hts_listing['products_head_listing_text'] . '...<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, ($cPath ? 'cPath=' . $cPath . '&' : '') . 'products_id=' . $listing[$x]['products_id']) . '"><span style="color:red;">' . TEXT_SEE_MORE . '</span></a></div>';
		    } else if (HEADER_TAGS_ENABLE_AUTOFILL_LISTING_TEXT == 'true') {
			    $text = sprintf("%s...%s", substr(stripslashes($hts_listing['products_description']), 0, 100), '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, ($cPath ? 'cPath=' . $cPath . '&' : '') . 'products_id=' . (int)$listing[$x]['products_id']) . '"><span style="color:red;">' . TEXT_SEE_MORE . '</span></a>');
			    $lc_add .= '<div class="hts_listing_text">' . $text . '</div>';
		    }
	    }

if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'])) {
		  $lc_text = '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'manufacturers_id=' . $_GET['manufacturers_id'] . '&products_id=' . $listing[$x]['products_id']) . '">' . $listing[$x]['products_name'] . '</a>';
		  $lc_text .= $lc_add;
	    } else {
		  $lc_text = ' <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, ($cPath ? 'cPath=' . $cPath . '&' : '') . 'products_id=' . $listing[$x]['products_id']) . '">' . $listing[$x]['products_name'] . '</a> ';
		  $lc_text .= $lc_add;
	    }
	    /*** End Header Tags SEO ***/

Thaks in advance

-Dave

Jack,

Awesome contribution! My store is 2.2rc2a... working on 3.2.6 -> 3.28

I have a question on this piece of code that crossmingles with Seperate Price Per Customer. In includes/modules/product_listing.php

my original code - notice the [$x] entries that follow each $listing, which is different fron the default osc file (has to do with the SPPC...)

Is the following adaption of your REPLACE WITH code correct?

Yes, that looks correct.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Thank you Jack - This works perfectly. I just installed your wonderful contribution - would you please direct me to instructions for filling tags - I am very new to this.

Thanks for your time.

Jenny

Go to the fill tags page.

Click Fill All for each section.

Click Update.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack, i have some problem at configuration (or wrong installation) :sweating: , today have purchassed your product at your site :thumbsup: , at this point you prefered uninstall and yours install for me or is prefered see this installation? :'(

Thank you

Francesco

Hi Jack, i have some problem at configuration (or wrong installation) :sweating: , today have purchassed your product at your site :thumbsup: , at this point you prefered uninstall and yours install for me or is prefered see this installation? :'(

Thank you

Francesco

I can't discuss work due through my site on the forums (forum rules). Please follow-up with the email sent to you.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi, I need help to get my site back

http://www.pm-fabrics.co.uk

After downloading the contribution i backed up my database and backed up all the files on my pc.

I added all the files, printed everything off and meataculously went through the instructions one by one to install.

~When i tried my site most of the images have gone, and lots of error messages came up.

I removed the added files, and overitten the altered files but when i went to back up from the database all the backups had gone.

I now have products in the site but no images, the links dont seem to work for the products and error messages on the top.

This is a purchased template and i tried adding a page before and it didn't like that neither. I thought that because all the code was there that this would have worked.

Problem is i cant get my working site back to how it was when i started this. Anybody got any non-technical ideas?

Forgot to mention that this is what comes at the top

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /homepages/14/d399550539/htdocs/osc/catalog/index.php:1) in /homepages/14/d399550539/htdocs/osc/catalog/includes/functions/general.php on line 1251

logo.png

icon.gif

Currencies:

Now in your cart 0 items

Forgot to mention that this is what comes at the top

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /homepages/14/d399550539/htdocs/osc/catalog/index.php:1) in /homepages/14/d399550539/htdocs/osc/catalog/includes/functions/general.php on line 1251

First, you don't need to restore your database if you want to remove Header Tags. There is an uninstall file you can run for that. As for the reason it failed, I've no way of knowing. If you can describe the problem other than "lots of error messages" I will see if I can help. As for restoring, my guess is that your index.php file, and possibly others, was converted to a different mode in the transfer. If you look at the index.php file on the server and it is one long line, then that is what happened. Otherwise, you somehow added a space at the beginning of the file, as Steve mentioned.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Jack,

2.2 store, just completed moving to 3.28 and I'm 99% there... 2 questions.

1. With "search keywords" set to true I am receiving the dreaded 1054 error when performing a search. No error when set to false.

1054 - Unknown column 'p.products_id' in 'on clause'

select count(distinct p.products_id) as total from ((products p) left join manufacturers m using(manufacturers_id), products_description pd) left join specials s on p.products_id = s.products_id, categories c, products_to_categories p2c left join headertags_search hts on p.products_id = hts.product_id where p.products_status = '1' and p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '1' and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and p2c.categories_id = c.categories_id and ((pd.products_name like '%pothole%' or p.products_model like '%pothole%' or m.manufacturers_name like '%pothole%' or hts.keyword like '%pothole%' or pd.products_description like '%pothole%') and (pd.products_name like '%filler%' or p.products_model like '%filler%' or m.manufacturers_name like '%filler%' or hts.keyword like '%filler%' or pd.products_description like '%filler%') )

2. When I run test I get this return:

Database/File Mismatch Error: The number of file entries in the database (40) does not match the number in the includes/header_tags.php file (41). Files not in the database: aaa_check_extra_root.php all-products.php article-submit.php article-topics.php articles.php articles_new.php article_info.php article_reviews.php article_reviews_info.php article_reviews_write.php gemstone_opal.php newsdesk_index.php pages.php popup_coupon_help.php testname.php test_us.php

I do not have any of those files on my site to add.... not sure what to do with this.

Thanks again for the help

-Dave

2.2 store, just completed moving to 3.28 and I'm 99% there... 2 questions.

1. With "search keywords" set to true I am receiving the dreaded 1054 error when performing a search. No error when set to false.

Database/File Mismatch Error: The number of file entries in the database (40) does not match the number in the includes/header_tags.php file (41). Files not in the database: aaa_check_extra_root.php all-products.php article-submit.php article-topics.php articles.php articles_new.php article_info.php article_reviews.php article_reviews_info.php article_reviews_write.php gemstone_opal.php newsdesk_index.php pages.php popup_coupon_help.php testname.php test_us.php

I do not have any of those files on my site to add.... not sure what to do with this.

I assume you mean oscommerce version 2.3.

1 - I don't see anything wrong with the mysql. If the php version of the server changed when you updated, then it is probably due to your shops code not being compatible with that version.

2 - You must have had those contributions installed in the previous version. You can ignore that error or edit the database to get rid of the entries.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

First, you don't need to restore your database if you want to remove Header Tags. There is an uninstall file you can run for that. As for the reason it failed, I've no way of knowing. If you can describe the problem other than "lots of error messages" I will see if I can help. As for restoring, my guess is that your index.php file, and possibly others, was converted to a different mode in the transfer. If you look at the index.php file on the server and it is one long line, then that is what happened. Otherwise, you somehow added a space at the beginning of the file, as Steve mentioned.

Hi Jack thanks for your response.

I am a novice and now feel a bit trapped. I have installed the headsent file which Steve suggested but it doesn't make sense to me i'm afraid. Works though!!!

When i click on any category link this message comes up:

1054 - Unknown column 'categories_htc_title_tag' in 'field list'

select categories_htc_title_tag from categories_description where categories_id = '20' and language_id = '1' LIMIT 1

[TEP STOP]

When I click on the login page thisd comes up:

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /homepages/14/d399550539/htdocs/osc/catalog/includes/application_top.php:1) in /homepages/14/d399550539/htdocs/osc/catalog/includes/functions/general.php on line 1251

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /homepages/14/d399550539/htdocs/osc/catalog/includes/application_top.php:1) in /homepages/14/d399550539/htdocs/osc/catalog/includes/functions/general.php on line 45

Also the photographs have gone missing from the products.

Any help please. If you need more information i am on [email protected]

Thanks

When i click on any category link this message comes up:

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /homepages/14/d399550539/htdocs/osc/catalog/index.php:1)

See my previous answer when this was addressed.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

See my previous answer when this was addressed.

hi Jack,

I thought i was answering your previous request by telling you what the problem is. It didn't get addressed. I still have the problem after trying to install then uninstalling my site wont go back to how it was. I have tried uninstalling from the database, I have overwritten the files that were changed as well as checking that the inserted code wasn't there.

I dont know what to do.

Unfortunatley as i stated I am not a techy but can get around files.

I didnt realise i had a response on this post until today and i am still in the same position as i was then.

hi Jack,

I thought i was answering your previous request by telling you what the problem is. It didn't get addressed. I still have the problem after trying to install then uninstalling my site wont go back to how it was. I have tried uninstalling from the database, I have overwritten the files that were changed as well as checking that the inserted code wasn't there.

I dont know what to do.

Unfortunatley as i stated I am not a techy but can get around files.

I didnt realise i had a response on this post until today and i am still in the same position as i was then.

You said your problem was
Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /homepages/14/d399550539/htdocs/osc/catalog/includes/application_top.php:1)
And I said
As for restoring, my guess is that your index.php file, and possibly others, was converted to a different mode in the transfer. If you look at the index.php file on the server and it is one long line, then that is what happened. Otherwise, you somehow added a space at the beginning of the file, as Steve mentioned.

Until you check that, I can't offer any other advice.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

No joy in seaching for a solution to this one yet!

Warning: opendir(/public_html/) [function.opendir]: failed to open dir: No such file or directory in /...../...../...../...../includes/functions/header_tags.php on line 16

Without seeing more I can only guess but that typically happens when the server is used as a place for backups and the ode in Header Tags is getting confusd by files that seem legitimate but really aren't. In this case, it is a little different since it is saying it can't find the public_html directory and that sounds like a configure file problem.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Jack,

2.3 store, just completed moving to 3.2.8 and I'm 99% there... 2 questions.

select count(distinct p.products_id) as total from ((products p) left join manufacturers m using(manufacturers_id), products_description pd) left join specials s on p.products_id = s.products_id, categories c, products_to_categories p2c left join headertags_search hts on p.products_id = hts.product_id where p.products_status = '1' and p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '1' and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and p2c.categories_id = c.categories_id and ((pd.products_name like '%pothole%' or p.products_model like '%pothole%' or m.manufacturers_name like '%pothole%' or hts.keyword like '%pothole%' or pd.products_description like '%pothole%') and (pd.products_name like '%filler%' or p.products_model like '%filler%' or m.manufacturers_name like '%filler%' or hts.keyword like '%filler%' or pd.products_description like '%filler%') )

Database/File Mismatch Error: The number of file entries in the database (40) does not match the number in the includes/header_tags.php file (41).

I solved the 1054 error:

if your advanced_search_result.php has the following, and you experience a 1054 - Unknown column error when "search keywords" set to true

Find

$from_str = "from ((" . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p) left join " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " m using(manufacturers_id), " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd) left join " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s on p.products_id = s.products_id, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c";

Replace with

$from_str = "from (((" . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p) left join " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " m using(manufacturers_id), " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd) left join " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s on p.products_id = s.products_id, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c)";

As for

Database/File Mismatch Error: The number of file entries in the database (40) does not match the number in the includes/header_tags.php file (41).

Could you elaborate more, or point me to a previous explanation... I hate leaving errors unresolved. Where in the database to I look for a mismatch, and am I comparing to the Page Control list? I've followed your instructions in the help popup several times with no luck.

-Dave

hello,

i get some error after install admin when i run test

case is: when i tried to click "catalog" menu in backend

there is error with some message like:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_CASE in /home/xxx/public_html/admin/categories.php on line 369

could someone to help me, please ^_^

thanks