• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Header Tags SEO

Jack_mcs

Hi, Jack. I'm using the 2.3.1 version.

I made a comparison between template_top in local and remote host and everything seems right. It continues like that, not showing on. Any ideas why? Actually it doesn't show me any errors.

Thank you.

Hi, Jack. I'm using the 2.3.1 version.

I made a comparison between template_top in local and remote host and everything seems right. It continues like that, not showing on. Any ideas why? Actually it doesn't show me any errors.

Thank you.

Use your browsers view source option to look at the source on the server. If there isn't a meta keyword line then your code is incorrect.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

It shows the keywords.

http://jesuisjedanse.com/catalog/

Then I must be missing the problem. The source of that page shows the titles and tags being added by Header Tags and they are populated. Please explaing the problem again.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

I don't think so, i'm pretty sure i am who is missing something, my english is not really good but ok, there i go:

When i go through Page Control -> Add Missing Pages, nothing is showing on, i expected that the option loaded something similar like "index.php".

My question is: What in the option "Add Missing Pages" must show?

Thank you, you've been so gently.

What i see:

capturadepantalla201110m.png

Edited by Huroman

I don't think so, i'm pretty sure i am who is missing something, my english is not really good but ok, there i go:

When i go through Page Control -> Add Missing Pages, nothing is showing on, i expected that the option loaded something similar like "index.php".

My question is: What in the option "Add Missing Pages" must show?

Page Control will only show pages with the Header Tags code in the <head> section, or all pages in a 2.3 or BTS based shop. The Add Missing Pages option is for older shops where the code to the <head> section is added to a new file. It may not show up automatically, thus the option. In your case, since you are using 2.3, it doesn't serve any purpose.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Step 1 <head> section is for STS templates no? My template is not STS, I believe. Is that what you are talking about?

No, it's not. It mentions STS but it is for all shops.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Page Control will only show pages with the Header Tags code in the <head> section, or all pages in a 2.3 or BTS based shop. The Add Missing Pages option is for older shops where the code to the <head> section is added to a new file. It may not show up automatically, thus the option. In your case, since you are using 2.3, it doesn't serve any purpose.

The only time multiple boxes should show up is if there is more than one language so it looks like something is wrong with your languages.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I see. Well, so much thank you for your answers. I appreciate it.

H-

I am having some problem with our website. I am trying to install the contribution in our website (www.pop49.com). Everything worked well but I don't know why it is showing me this problem at the top of each page (header):

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /var/www/vhosts/pop49.com/httpdocs/includes/database_tables.php:89) in /var/www/vhosts/pop49.com/httpdocs/includes/functions/general.php on line 1287

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /var/www/vhosts/pop49.com/httpdocs/includes/database_tables.php:89) in /var/www/vhosts/pop49.com/httpdocs/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 67

Thank you in advance.

I am having some problem with our website. I am trying to install the contribution in our website (www.pop49.com). Everything worked well but I don't know why it is showing me this problem at the top of each page (header):

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /var/www/vhosts/pop49.com/httpdocs/includes/database_tables.php:89) in /var/www/vhosts/pop49.com/httpdocs/includes/functions/general.php on line 1287

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /var/www/vhosts/pop49.com/httpdocs/includes/database_tables.php:89) in /var/www/vhosts/pop49.com/httpdocs/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 67

You've made a mistake in the eidts. See Headers Already Sent in my signature.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I'm having problems getting this to work as I want it to....

Here's what I want...

The title, description and keywords that I enter on the product / category/ manufacture pages to appear (at least) in the meta tags of

these pages.

This is the way I think this is designed to work...

What happens?

I get the "default" on every single page.

What am I not seeing?

I have the information on the page descriptions, but it is not showing on the pages. The defaults are.

I must admit that I have not done anything on page control, but this seems to be if you want to overide the information that you have inserted with the defaults. I do not want to do that.

I must admit that I have not done anything on page control, but this seems to be if you want to overide the information that you have inserted with the defaults. I do not want to do that.

Page Control is where the decision is made as to what is displayed. Perhaps you could try looking at the supplied documents, test section (FAQ), included images and this thread.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hello,

I'm sorry, when I said have not done anything is page control, I mean't I have not set

defaults to display or set any defaults. I have checked the "product" box because

I believe that this is the correct setting to have the keywords entered on the product page

display.

However, the defaults still display.

When I test, there script does not find any keywords on the product page (however, they are there).

I did a drop on top install on a clean OScommerce installation. So it is impossible for me

to have made a mistake in installation.

Hello,

I'm sorry, when I said have not done anything is page control, I mean't I have not set

defaults to display or set any defaults. I have checked the "product" box because

I believe that this is the correct setting to have the keywords entered on the product page

display.

However, the defaults still display.

When I test, there script does not find any keywords on the product page (however, they are there).

I did a drop on top install on a clean OScommerce installation. So it is impossible for me

to have made a mistake in installation.

The default section should not, generally be used. I suggest unchecking all default check boxes in page control for the page you are working on. This includes the checkboxes in the right column and well as the center column.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I've uploaded to images into this folder to show the problem.

It has to be something I am missing, but what. Following your instructions, this should work.

http://www.virtualdrum.co.uk/images/seoheader/

There is no way to enter defaults for the product page... defaults for which product? I just

want the keywords that are entered onthe product page to appear.

None of the default checkboxes are checked in either the right or center column.

The only checkbox checked is the product one

I am still getting default tags on every page of the site.

Results of scan: product_info.php is missing Header Tags code or it is not installed correctly. Verify that Fill Tags has been ran and that the root checkbox or the default checkboxes have been checked in Page Control.

Fill tags has been ran, I checked the root checkbox on product page, this made no difference.

I assume that the code that it is saying may be installed correctly here is actually in template_top?

ok, it works if I turn SEO urls5 off, so obviously it is not compatible with this plugin.

Is there an seo URL's plugin that works with this one?

It works fine with it. You just have to change the url type in SEO 5. This is explained in the FAQ on the test page and mentioned many times in this thread.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons