• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Header Tags SEO

Jack_mcs

Next question is should I follow the whole installation through one more time to insure I get the updates. At this point I haven't yet started populating the site with products so that will make it pretty easy. Or will just running the new database changes do it for me?

Since this is a new install and nothing has been setup, I would just treat it as a new installation. Run the uninstall and then the install database files to be sure the database is setup correctly and then run through the file changes and upload the files included in the lastest archive. If you don't and get the versions confused somehow, it won't be disastorous but it could be a pain trying to find the reason.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Sounds Good Jack, again many thanks for all your help here, it's been a pain at times but I finally got the hang of this one, with a lot of your help that is...!

Cheers,

DougB

Hi, i have a several problems with this plugin.

When i go to my main site (example, www.myshop.com) the meta keywords looks like this "<meta name="Keywords" content="new keywords1,keywords2" />" How i can modify them?

And my second problem, the keywords are correct in product pages, but there is still those "new keywords1,keywords2" at the Keywords section. How i can remove them?

Hi, i have a several problems with this plugin.

When i go to my main site (example, www.myshop.com) the meta keywords looks like this "<meta name="Keywords" content="new keywords1,keywords2" />" How i can modify them?

And my second problem, the keywords are correct in product pages, but there is still those "new keywords1,keywords2" at the Keywords section. How i can remove them?

You can edit the keywords in the products, category or manufacturer edit pages, in fill tags and in page control, depending upon which you want to edit.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

I still cant find a place where i can modify my index.php tags.

And my product_info.php's headers looks like this:

<meta name="Description" content="products new description Exampleproduct" />

<meta name="Keywords" content="products new keywords1,keywords2 , exampleproduct, example" />

Edited by jAmesson

I still cant find a place where i can modify my index.php tags.

And my product_info.php's headers looks like this:

<meta name="Description" content="products new description Exampleproduct" />

<meta name="Keywords" content="products new keywords1,keywords2 , exampleproduct, example" />

if by index.php, you mean your home page, then it is in page control as already mentioned. There's nothing in Header Tags that adds "products new keywords1" so I can't even guess where that is coming from.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi!

First of all thanks for the contribution!

I run two languages in my installation. English and German. German is the default language. At the moment category and article names and descriptions are entered in German language-fields only.

I simply copied the English language.php files unedited to the German folders, because translation issues are not the problem at the moment. In admin-panel I have to switch to English, because in German the menus appear, but when clicking a blank page results. In English it works fine.

Trying to use the fill-all option, nothing happens. The English names and descriptions missing, I understand the error messages. But, although the checkbox "Language" all was activated, the German names and descritions were not processed

So I tried to switch the language IDs in the database - took me some time to figure out what "language ID" in the "Read Me First" meant ;-) . English had ID 1, German ID 2. This of cause, failed!

After 3 hours of trying and searching in the forums I gave up.

Can you please help?

Edited by pez222

Hi!

First of all thanks for the contribution!

I run two languages in my installation. English and German. German is the default language. At the moment category and article names and descriptions are entered in German language-fields only.

I simply copied the English language.php files unedited to the German folders, because translation issues are not the problem at the moment. In admin-panel I have to switch to English, because in German the menus appear, but when clicking a blank page results. In English it works fine.

I just tried switching to German in my test shop here and everytihng works as it should. If you didn't use the headertags_seo_install.php file to make the database changes then the languages will not be setup correctly. Other than that, I can't think of anything that would cause that.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

If you didn't use the headertags_seo_install.php file to make the database changes then the languages will not be setup correctly.

I used the headertags_seo_install.php. Does it make sense, to run it a second time?

I used the headertags_seo_uninstall.php and afterwards the install file again. now it works, but I still get errors in test:

Test Results

Extra File Error: explain

The /srv/www/vhosts/leuron.de/httpdocs/headertags_seo_install.php file is present and should be removed.

The /srv/www/vhosts/leuron.de/httpdocs/headertags_seo_uninstall.php file is present and should be removed.

Duplicate title found: explain

for German

exists more than once.

Duplicate meta description found: explain

for German

exists more than once.

Missing Title and/or descriptions: explain

Products

The name for this item is missing

5x Schlüsselband Lanyard 1.FC Nürnberg Burgmotiv FCN

ARAL Bundesliga-Uhr Saison 09/10 Wanduhr für Magnete

Pin Borussia M'gladbach Anstecknadel

Pin Hamburger Sport Verein HSV Anstecknadel

Pin Bayer 04 Leverkusen Anstecknadel

Roco Minitanks AH-64 Apache Hubschrauber 1:87

Nackenkissen Nackenstütze von Fa Reisekissen

Damen Motorradhose Probiker Textiljeans Gr.34 schwarz

I used the headertags_seo_uninstall.php and afterwards the install file again. now it works, but I still get errors in test:

Test Results

Extra File Error: explain

The /srv/www/vhosts/leuron.de/httpdocs/headertags_seo_install.php file is present and should be removed.

The /srv/www/vhosts/leuron.de/httpdocs/headertags_seo_uninstall.php file is present and should be removed.

If you leave these on the server, anyone can come along and uninstall the Header Tags database changes and insert changes into the install script to get at your database. In other words, it is a security problem.

Duplicate title found: explain

for German

exists more than once.

Duplicate meta description found: explain

for German

exists more than once.

Both of the above are just letting you know the duplicates exist. They are not errors. See other posts in this thread regarding this.

Missing Title and/or descriptions: explain

Products

5x Schlüsselband Lanyard 1.FC Nürnberg Burgmotiv FCN

You need to fix these. You can click on the name and it will take you to the product in question.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi

I would like to show the manufacturers name in the breadcrumb trail and it looks like Header Tags is able to do this if I take a quick look at the code in application_top.php However my breadcrumb trail is only showing the category header tags title and the product title. How can I get it to show the manufacturers header tags title?

Thanks,

Ben

I would like to show the manufacturers name in the breadcrumb trail and it looks like Header Tags is able to do this if I take a quick look at the code in application_top.php However my breadcrumb trail is only showing the category header tags title and the product title. How can I get it to show the manufacturers header tags title?

If you go into a manufacturers edit page, does the entry for Header Tags Title contain something?

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I apologize if this has been asked before.

I've installed according to the directions and I am having trouble with the manufacturers description. I copied the admin/manufacturers.php from the add on. I've done the edits for the manufacturer in admin/functions/general.php as well as the sql additions for it.

The problem I am having is that when I put the url and the description in for a manufacturer it doesnt seem to be saving it to the database. When I enter all the info into the manufacturer the image and the name are saved but nothing else. If I click edit the fields are empty. I was also unable to find the description info in the database.

Did I miss something?

I've installed according to the directions and I am having trouble with the manufacturers description. I copied the admin/manufacturers.php from the add on. I've done the edits for the manufacturer in admin/functions/general.php as well as the sql additions for it.

The problem I am having is that when I put the url and the description in for a manufacturer it doesnt seem to be saving it to the database. When I enter all the info into the manufacturer the image and the name are saved but nothing else. If I click edit the fields are empty. I was also unable to find the description info in the database.

Did I miss something?

I think I have an older version, don't know how that happened! I'll work on it some more tomorrow.

Did I miss something?

Any problems with the manufacturers edit page would be due to the manufacturers.php file. There is a completed one in the package so you can use it to see if that fixes the problem. In most sites that file doesn't get changed much so you could probably just use the included one but you have to be sure yours has not been edited by some other contribution.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

what do i have to do to upgrade from 3.15 to the latest do i need to upgrade each version 1 by 1 or is their a quicker way

The hardest part is getting the database setup correctly. If you don't care about any of your existing titles and meta tags, you can use the included scripts for that. Otherwise, you need to go through each one and make the database changes as listed. Once that is done, you will need to upload all of the header tags files, replacing yours. Then run through the changes for your files. Some won't need changing but some will so you need to check them all. This method is faster, to me, but some people prefer going through the update files one at a time.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I can seem to find this line

5) In includes/languages/english.php (and whichever other language files you use)

FIND:

define('BOX_HEADER_TAGS_FILL_TAGS', 'Fill Tags');

ADD BENEATH:

define('BOX_HEADER_TAGS_SILO', 'Silo Control');

and if i run the headertags install i get this error

1060 - Duplicate column name 'categories_htc_title_tag'

ALTER TABLE categories_description ADD categories_htc_title_tag VARCHAR(80) NULL;

[TEP STOP]

in update 3.22 to 3.23 admin/cat.php

FIND (around line 386):

<?php // START tinyMCE Anywhere

if (HEADER_TAGS_ENABLE_TINYMCE_META_DESC == 'true' || HEADER_TAGS_ENABLE_TINYMCE_CATEGORIES == 'true' || HEADER_TAGS_ENABLE_TINYMCE_PRODUCTS == 'true')

{

if ($action == 'new_product' || $action == 'new_category' || $action == 'edit_category') { // No need to put JS on all pages.

$languages = tep_get_languages(); // Get all languages

// Build list of textareas to convert

$str = '';

for ($i = 0, $n = sizeof($languages); $i < $n; $i++) {

if (HEADER_TAGS_ENABLE_TINYMCE_META_DESC == 'true') $str .= "products_head_desc_tag[".$languages[$i]['id']."],";

if (HEADER_TAGS_ENABLE_TINYMCE_CATEGORIES == 'true') $str .= "categories_htc_description[".$languages[$i]['id']."],";

if (HEADER_TAGS_ENABLE_TINYMCE_PRODUCTS == 'true') $str .= "products_description[".$languages[$i]['id']."],";

} //end for each language

$mce_str = rtrim ($str,","); // Removed the last comma from the string.

// You can add more textareas to convert in the $str, be careful that they are all separated by a comma.

echo '<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript" src="includes/javascript/tiny_mce/tiny_mce.js"></script>';

include "includes/javascript/tiny_mce/general.php";

}

} // END tinyMCE Anywhere

?>

REPLACE WITH:

<?php

/*** Begin Header Tags SEO ***/

switch (HEADER_TAGS_ENABLE_HTML_EDITOR)

{

case 'CKEditor':

echo '<script type="text/javascript" src="./ckeditor/ckeditor.js"></script>';

break;

case 'FCKEditor':

break;

case 'TinyMCE':

if (HEADER_TAGS_ENABLE_HTML_EDITOR != 'No Editor' && (HEADER_TAGS_ENABLE_EDITOR_META_DESC == 'true' || HEADER_TAGS_ENABLE_EDITOR_CATEGORIES == 'true' || HEADER_TAGS_ENABLE_EDITOR_PRODUCTS == 'true'))

{

if ($action == 'new_product' || $action == 'new_category' || $action == 'edit_category') { // No need to put JS on all pages.

$languages = tep_get_languages(); // Get all languages

// Build list of textareas to convert

$str = '';

for ($i = 0, $n = sizeof($languages); $i < $n; $i++) {

if (HEADER_TAGS_ENABLE_EDITOR_META_DESC == 'true') $str .= "products_head_desc_tag[".$languages[$i]['id']."],";

if (HEADER_TAGS_ENABLE_EDITOR_CATEGORIES == 'true') $str .= "categories_htc_description[".$languages[$i]['id']."],";

if (HEADER_TAGS_ENABLE_EDITOR_PRODUCTS == 'true') $str .= "products_description[".$languages[$i]['id']."],";

} //end for each language

$mce_str = rtrim ($str,","); // Removed the last comma from the string.

// You can add more textareas to convert in the $str, be careful that they are all separated by a comma.

echo '<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript" src="includes/javascript/tiny_mce/tiny_mce.js"></script>';

include "includes/javascript/tiny_mce/general.php";

}

}

break;

default: break;

}

/*** End Header Tags SEO ***/

?>

I can seem to find this line

5) In includes/languages/english.php (and whichever other language files you use)

FIND:

define('BOX_HEADER_TAGS_FILL_TAGS', 'Fill Tags');

Then you've made a mistake in the updates. Try searching them for that line.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

i just did a search of the update files and from what i can find that line is in admin/includes/language/english.php not includes/language/english.php

Yes, that's correct.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

If you go into a manufacturers edit page, does the entry for Header Tags Title contain something?

Yes it does and it displays this on the manufacturers page. What I want to display is the name of the manufacturer in the breadcrumb on the product_info page. Is this possible? it would provide a really good and easy way to link back to the manufacturers page from a specific product

Yes it does and it displays this on the manufacturers page. What I want to display is the name of the manufacturer in the breadcrumb on the product_info page. Is this possible? it would provide a really good and easy way to link back to the manufacturers page from a specific product

Did you enable the manufacturer checkbox in page control for the product_info.php page?

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons